Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

Proberly the rarest Corrado in existance today..

Last i heard it had been crashed into a ditch and is under going a restoration.. that was a few years ago now.

I hve some pics of the other one also that i belive is stored at karmann now ?

thats the one we were talking about last time i was down with my car...i love, it so mad it's ace.... would like to see the pics of the other one too...

Prefer Carpy's picture TBH.

I'm sure under the bonnet it is a great car but the bodykit is borderline criminal.

The grill and rear lights are hideous! looks like something off an MG!! Quite like the arches though...very of it's time I guess.

think yer getting mixed up with the grey VR6 thats for sale now and again as that does have Fiat Coupe lights........the yellow monstrosity above pre-dated the Fiat Coupe by a good 4-5 years afterall

the box arches are in theory a good idea, they just shouldnt have don that to the front, or the rear....

theyve made it effemintate.....in a kinda 1970's scifi vision of the future.

all designers have off days i suppose.

I believe the other one is in the basement at Karmann, allegedly in a bit of a mess after someone crashed it.

Not at all keen on the styling, especially the way the front bumper just looks so stuck on.

my eyes are burning.

and my feet appear to be covered in vomit.

:lol:

the front kit looks selotaped on :(

that ditch is the best place for it, poor Rado though :(

Not at all keen on the styling, especially the way the front bumper just looks so stuck on.

exactly :(

Always sort of liked the styling i'm afraid to say! Each to their own though!

Yeah - the guy from Karmann last year seemed pretty sure he had a smashed up original 16VG60 Corrado in the basement but he wouldn't let us anywhere near it.. I doubt our luck will change much this year either :|

from the website - " The Bodykit for the cars, were made by a company who made plastic parts for VW"

which explains why the front of the car looks like a fancy heater vent. I quite like the boxed arches, they obviously thought 'well it worked on the golf rallye' and tried it on the corrado.

Its gash yes but think of it in the context of its time.. after all it was built 17 years ago and cars were a bid dodgy. Looks like an Opel Manta from the front.

No - This is one of 2 that were build by VW Motorsport, the other being a syncro...

Karmann built some (9 I think) but these look standard and are in a range of normal colours... one is in the basement of the museum and the others must be in garages around germany I reckon...

those rear lights must be add ons, they are off a fiat coupe are they not?

They're called Stinger (Or minger if you like) lights, part of a while kit. (Not on that car)

front looks like an opel manta rally car but higher, kinda squished and well a bit like gibbons a.. all round really. Shes a goer but that about all you can say....