Sign in to follow this  
Sic

mpg for a sensible 2.0 16V Corrado driver?

hey, really sorry to ask this; it's probably frowned-upon, but i have a chance to buy my dream car, and this is the only proviso. i currently own an MX5 (ugh, i know :p) and i get about 35mpg out of it - is it a general assumption that i could match that in a Corrado, or would i be pushing it? i'm not a fast driver (well, sometimes the temptation gets the better of all of us!) and i don't do a lot of town-centre driving...is my hopeful mpg going to be possible?

again, really sorry to sign up and ask, but i couldn't find the question answered from searching. thanks in advance...hope you can give me the answer i'm after :) (please don't tell me what i want to hear if it's not true...it could potentially cost me a small fortune!! :()

Should average about 28-38 depending on your right foot :)

Oh, and welcome mate :)

ooh, that sounds around the same as my '5. what's the size of the petrol tank?

i'm excited...might be getting a nice blue K reg this week - i've printed off my buyer's guide and everything! :D

I can get about 30mpg tops and thats taking it easy tbh... generally in built up areas I'm seeing 20-25mpg!

Wouldn't let mpg be a deciding factor though - the C is a great car to drive and has a wicked grin factor!

Welcome to the forum :D

Don't worry Mr OBD2 matey I'll lend you a pair of my lead lined shoes - we'll soon get that sorted ;) :lol:

Petrol tank size on the 2.0 16v is er.. 70 litre? Holds about £50-£55 of fuel when its bone dry.

I'm seeing anywhere from 24MPG around town to 33MPG on a steady run - seems to work ok! Before the 16v I owned a Golf MK4 GT TDI and I certainly don't find the fuel bills outlandish compared to the TDI :)

the only problem is that mpg is a deciding factor. i really can't afford to do any less than 32-35mpg. shame really - i'll have to wait until im earning more to get one!! :(

is it a lot different? on all the sites i've seen they're slated as consuming the same amount of fuel...it's so confusing! do you know of anywhere i can get a reputable breakdown of the stats for each engine variant?

i've got a 1.8 16v on normal commute which is 10 miles b road, a road, and 5-10mins in town i get around 30-35mpg.

On motorway can get upwards of 38mpg if just rolling along at 70mph.

totally depends on how its driven (apart from obvious stuck in town traffic)

On my 20 minute drive to work, I usually get around 32mpg. On longer runs it's generally 34-36mpg. This is my third valver, and it's also the thirstiest. On the others I used to get 35-40mpg on longer runs. Not bad at all.

The 8v will defo be better for fuel consumption. Drove one a few months ago and it was showing mid thirties on a short run. Wasn't as slow as I thought it would be either!

the only problem is that mpg is a deciding factor. i really can't afford to do any less than 32-35mpg. shame really - i'll have to wait until im earning more to get one!! :(

Maybe best not to buy one then as they can be expensive to keep on the road! :(

You can certainly expect fuel economy in the mid-30s from a 2.0 16v if you're not driving like you stole it. That's comparable with most modern petrol cars of a similar capacity I feel.

Maybe best not to buy one then as they can be expensive to keep on the road! :(

i've got an MX5 - i know all about how expensive cars can be to keep on the road! :(

i've done some quick calculations, and it looks like i'll be able to afford to run it, even if it sits at 28mpg (although i'd prefer it to be up around 32-35!) i guess i'm about to take the plunge - anyone want a 96 black 1.8i mx5? :p

On a 30 minute drive to work which is B roads and country lanes, I can get 34mpg if I drive gently. Mine is not standard and most of the time I don't drive it gently, overall I get around 30mpg.

I just got back from an 800km run and was seeing an average of 6.8 l/100km.... which works out to about 34mpg.

Better than my old G60 which was doing about 15mpg I think *rofl*

My computer is showing overall average 20mpg on 1.8 16v, I travel around 30 miles per day, just under 10 around town, and rest is dual carriageway, I am driving very average, not flooring it much at all.. I'm sure I'm using alot more than I should.

how does the computer work out the mpg, I def need to get mine set up.

Really really trying to save fuel I can get a max 26 mpg, on the same route I could push 40 out of my old golf GTI 1.8 20v T