herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Any updates on this?

Agreed, fingers crossed the Gaz's are great for you as I'm hoping to buy some coilovers sometime soon. These sound to be the ones for me but want to read some feedback about them first.

No updates really, kinda got fed up with the car which has built up over quite a while tbh, so just been using it as a car every day, barely clean it, not spent any money on it for aaaaages although it really needs a few things sorting out! Just losing the love :(

But I'm hoping to re-kindle that love for it by taking it off the road and using a normal boring diesel for a daily (well it's not that boring as still a 2.5 v6 tdi Audi A4 Quattro :D) and then fixing/tidying it up a bit!

As for the Gaz's, I've been getting on fine with them, they're a lot more comfortable than my old Weitec's, it doesn't handle as well though but I'm not overly fussed about that, I could turn them up to stiffen it but they become very bouncy for UK roads, but up to about half way they're fine and still firm but not crashy! I haven't inspected them for a while to comment on how well they're lasting, certainly no leaks or anything but they're pretty crusty and the adjustment knobs on the rear are getting a bit difficult to turn where as the fronts are top adjustable so are still fine.

I've loved mine for 4 years now...that's how long it's been off the road!

So do you still have the flat spot? I just wondered as when I drove mine to the MOT station it had a bad flat spot, I'd put it down to the rear lambdas not in yet.

Too busy with geetars eh? ;-)

I think we all lose the love at times. I am in C love right now and can't find one to buy! :-(

Haha yeah that's ALL I do at the min is play guitar! And that's where all my money goes too :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I've loved mine for 4 years now...that's how long it's been off the road!

So do you still have the flat spot? I just wondered as when I drove mine to the MOT station it had a bad flat spot, I'd put it down to the rear lambdas not in yet.

Well I've had mine 5 years now, and I drive it nearly every day apart from times it's been off the road when I was fitting the Rotrex and fitting the R32, and both them times I couldn't wait to get back in it again, so I think you just take it for granted when using it every day! I'm sure once I've sorted a few bits out (mainly the clutch which is horrendous and doesn't make for a pleasant driving experience atm!) I will fall back in love with it again, I hope so anyway otherwise I'll just sell it on, no point spending money and keeping it if I don't enjoy it anymore.

Yep still got the flat spots, have no idea what's causing it, Kev's got a theory that it's inlet related but I tried another inlet and me and Vince played around with it on the rollers so think it might be the ECU throwing a fuss about something and it going limp/flat when it should be giving the most beans. The strange thing about it though is it's not always the same, sometimes it can be quick and not flat and other times no matter what I try it won't give me any torque and I have to rev the boll0cks off of it to get it anywhere fast.

It's just not taken priority for a long time so I've not bothered trying to figure it out, once the Audi's back on the road and I'm saving money in fuel etc (and the fact I'll have another car I could use!) I'll give the C to Vince to have a play around with.

lol, it's like you and me are related. I'm just about to get a diesel a4 or a6 to use as a daily and allow for some work to be done on my corrado and hopefully sort out the same flat spot your having. Do you reckon its only us two that have this issue??

I'm trying to decide on gaz or kw's. I reckon gaz will win because they offer just as much as the kw's but at half the price but with the sacrifice of build quility (but the c will be a dry/weekend/summer car anyway)

BTW theres talk of a another vw meet in Peterborough, hopefully you can make it to it. Will let you know the dates etc

Thought I'd give a quick update on this as I haven't for so long!

Still have the car ...just! It will be for sale very soon :( or now even if someone offers the right money!

Flat spots are more or less gone now, Vince found the issues with the Mk5 ECU cutting the torque and so he mapped it a different way and the car is now miles better! He's taken all the initial torque away which may sound bad but it was so responsive it was borderline undrivable as it was, so by taking the initial torque away and giving it a smoother torque curve the ECU seems happier and lets it have the torque. I don't know the technical details of what he's done but it's now a lot better and smoother to drive and I get much better fuel economy as I'm no longer spinning the wheels and kangarooing every time I pull off!

Vince also fitted a new clutch and sorted out some other wiring-in jobs the car needed since the install that I never got round to doing so engine wise now the car is running sweet!

As for the GAZ's they still ride fine, I've found that the car actually drives a lot happier with them turned down most the way, and if I stiffen them up too much it becomes a bit awkward and bouncy to drive! The rear adjusters are pretty crusted up now though and need turning with a pair of pliers or something, I can no longer turn one of them just with my fingers, bit of a design flaw maybe and should have been top adjustable, probs wouldn't be a problem for a fair weather car but mine's been in it all!

Sadly it's just starting to show it's age now and looking a little tatty in places :( people just don't respect cars these days so I can't be bothered with trying to keep an old car in mint condition if people are just going to open doors on to it and scuff it when trying to park :( I've got my Audi for daily use so I'm just gunna stick with the 1 car that I can run in to the ground and maybe get a nice car again in the future.

It is a shame, you have done an awful lot to that car.. Same line, as always heard on here, give it time, you'll return..

Cheers mate! Yep it's gunna be sad to see it go but needs must and all that. I'm sure I'll get another in the near future, I'll leave that one standard though I reckon ... ish anyway ;)

How about an engine swap first? I have yours and you sell your car with mine ;)

T'is a shame but I totally understand the reasons for selling mate :D

Now for sale, open to sensible offers for a quick sale :(

Email me [email protected] if interested. I forgot to attach photos to the listing as well so will try and get some asap, for the mean time, just go back a few pages to see how it looked before!

​Cheers x

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?80966-Blackberry-R32-for-%A33500-ono-in-Rushden-Northamptonshire

Sorry to hear your selling. Bargain price for it tbh.

Bring it along to the PDC event tomorrow. You might get some interest from it there.

Gates open tomorrow at 11am and is at the Peterborough Greyhound Stadium.

Plus I want to see it before it gets sold

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

just noticed the ad said SORN'd so guess you cant make it? :(

I saw on Edition mate didn't think it would hang about long for that money ttttttooooooo cheap :thumbleft:

You haven't seen it yet :lol:

Only kidding, it's a great car. Rob and I spent a goodly amount of hours on it and Rob still has the scarred ear drums from my clapping and yelping around the workshop :lol: