Sign in to follow this  
Musicman

Scirocco Mk3

its a polished concept drawing again, not worth getting excited over. When its in the metal I'll pass judgement - I am pretty sure its going to look good, keeping the stance of the golf gti with a less bus like side profile

Exactly. It looks ok to me though...

i like the sound of the twincahrged engine being pepped up to 210 brake that will be nice i a mk1! as far as the car goes it just looks like a focus rs to me. its just not low and sleek enough to warrant another look but id have a 4x4 r32 engined one definately over the golf if it cost the same.

really not sure what to make of that, i'm not blown away by it, but then as has been said new VW's arent really aimed at fans of the classic models. I dont think theres a new car that pushes the right buttons for me, save for outlandish supercars which are totally out of reach, and maybe thats the issue. people who have around 22k to spend on a new coupe arent looking for something that harks back to the days of the original scirocco, they want something that keeps up with the styling of the new civic, astra, focus et al and this does that pretty well. I'm not sure I'd buy one, but I'm not in the target demographic as most of us arent... otherwise we'd be on a mk5 golf forum.

also - does the rear quarter remind anyone else of the old fiat bravo/brava (whichever was the hatchback) in this pic?

1-volkswagen-iroc-concept.jpg

also - does the rear quarter remind anyone else of the old fiat bravo/brava (whichever was the hatchback) in this pic?

1-volkswagen-iroc-concept.jpg

Marginally

bravo_n04.jpg

More like the Stilo in my opinion, or a combination of the two.

fiat_stilo_xxl.jpg

Persoanlly while I think its ok as a hot hatch, in my books its no coupe, its just another varient of the mkv gti / audi s3 / leon et all, if we are honest though VAG have the TT, it would be unlikely that they would launch another coupe to compete against themselves for market share.

I think its pretty good and interesting for a modern car, remember our coupes weren't big sellers so they won't regard them as a blueprint for sales success.

1st thing's first.

My affinity with VW in general,lies solely with the Corrado.

I think most people that frequent this forum have their default setting at 'will give a new model from VW every chance,especially if it be a Scirocco,Corrado or Golf.'

I was willing this to be good myself-and I'm ambivelant towards 'roccos.

It's shite.

Ok,it's only a concept.Let's see how much it changes.I'm guessing not much.

It's non-descript,they couldn't have picked a worse colour to showcase the brief.

Hope my gran gets one.

I think its very Alfa Brera as well, its not a bad looking car but i think it could of been alot better, it just looks like its going to be another clone car! I still think the corrado can never be beaten for looks :D

Alfa_Brera2.jpg

Yeah but didnt Jezza say that about the vauxhall astra and he ended up eating his own hair in an omelette because he was wrong :lol:

From the pics I have seen I'd not be surprised if it looked very close to the concept, externally anyway.

When I worked with Ford, I often saw the Strretka concept - when you got up close to it it was obvious it was handbuilt, the quality just wasn't there, the finish on the IROC makes me think the tooling has been signed off - perhaps Jim or Tempest could enlighten us

That's the trouble with modern cars, they're all starting to look the same.

While this car looks quite futuristic it's still got lots of parts on it that look just like other cars.

Don't think there's another car out there that even slightly resembles either the original sky-rockets or the C. Old, in my opinion, is definately better!!

More disappointment then:

Not only have Audi doen a very similar looking concept car at last year's Japanese Motorshow, the Shooting Brake, but Skoda are presenting their almost similar looking Joyster concept car at the Paris Motorshow later this month.

All part of the same group, so part- and body-sharing here we go ...

Tempest

It's non-descript,they couldn't have picked a worse colour to showcase the brief.

Well I think the choice in colour is to show recognition to the origonal Mk1 Rocco which came out in ths colour way back in year dot.

Im liking it and the shot from beind looks like few other cars on the road.

The origonal Mk1 rocco was squarely based on the Mk1 chassis and this one is as close as dammit to the same as a golf chassis.

Also the blame for cars all looking the same lies squarely with the consumer. These cars are what the public want. round, safe and economical. few car manufacturers have the strength over their market to dictate what sort of cars they will be selling. it has to be the other way around, If VW started to make the kind of cars we as Rado drivers would want then they may be out of business faster than you can say Rover.

I like it-way better looking than the Brera! I recon it would look very menacing if one of those had to show up in your rear view mirror.