Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

G60 now starting fine but running problem! !! AAHHHH!

i had problems starting with mine, turned out to be the oil pump. the pressure relief valve in the pump was sticking. symptoms werent quite the same as yours but its something to bear in mind

hi all update fitted ignition switch today ok all fine car starts everytime now!

but started her up after about ten mins she started idling like a bag of sh*t!

sounded awfull and engine shaking! took isv off and idled a bit better put it back on and idled like a bag of sh*t again

so took her for drive round the block and was running awfull in lower revs!

got back listened under bonnet sounded like the knock sensor was knocking of the spark plugs was tapping any ideas anyone?

If you unplug it and measure resistance that will tell you if you have a short or completly dead injector (values are in the Bently manual)

But - mine checked out ok and the loom is completly shot, burnt, cracked and falling apart and I suspect it's shorting out intermittently...

You really need to get it out the car and have a look, it's held on by 2 allen head bolts but the are awkward to get to as it's above the rail and below the inlet...

Hi Mate,

Glad its starting properly now mate :-) so whats the deal now? Can you confirm that from cold it starts fine every time and runs for approx 10 mins before the idle goes tit's up. Also have you checked all your vac hoses double check the 1m from the TB to the ECU, although it sounds temp related so probably your best bet would be to buy (or blag for a test) a blue temp sender from a working G60.

Hope this helps

Dan