Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Used Microfibre cloths for the first time and...

5 pages about bl00dy cloths??!!

Detailing a car is just as important as fixing it :D

Really don't like that word too bloody American, its fecking cleaning!!

It only just about comes in as an appropriate description of the process in the dictionary ' treatment of or attention to items or particulars'

Got myself a megs synth chamois thingy the other week, really impressed with it so far - much better than a chamois.

(As this is a thread about cloths I figure a dictionary reference fits in with the rest of the content nicely ;))

Agreed! Detailing is painting intricate models and figures for example.....

Washing and waxing a car and rubbing a bit of rubbery plastic over the paint is not detailing :-)

I think the reason its referred to as 'Detailing' now is because valet isn't enough as now you can go down the road and pay the kosovans £3 for a 'valet' so to me spending all day with numerous products and using correct equipment etc is better than just a 'valet' so therefore detailing sounds better.

The less time spent cleaning, the more time on the road having a laugh

Well - don't get me wrong, i'm not exactly out there cleaning the car on a daily basis but I like show that I take pride in my car by keeping it reasonably clean :)

I can only afford to fix so much anyway.. its a slow and gradual process on my Rado.. and there is so so much more I need to do!

Well you'll get the last laugh Jim when my car turns into a decrepit, rusty old pile and yours continues to gleam into the year 3000 8)

So this is the active thread at the moment then?! :-)

I'm not that slack really.... I actually shoved a load of Collinite wax on the car last month but kept quiet about it :-)

I think the reason its referred to as 'Detailing' now is because valet isn't enough as now you can go down the road and pay the kosovans £3 for a 'valet' so to me spending all day with numerous products and using correct equipment etc is better than just a 'valet' so therefore detailing sounds better.

Dunno I am still happy to say that I spent all day cleaning and polishing/waxing - detailing like I said before, just sounds too American for me. Even valet is a bit of a naff word.

Well you'll get the last laugh Jim when my car turns into a decrepit, rusty old pile and yours continues to gleam into the year 3000 8)

So this is the active thread at the moment then?! :-)

I'm not that slack really.... I actually shoved a load of Collinite wax on the car last month but kept quiet about it :-)

lol - you're kidding right? Your car has more new bits than old now mate! If anything I guess the body might start going eventually but all your spangly new engine and drivetrain stuff will still be going strong - you'll have a sort of Ariel Atom type thing going on ;)

Don't forget the Hygenic interior departicalisation (Hoovering) and the Crystal glaze finishing (wiping the glass).

Ah, the reinvigoration, hydration replenishment and firming of the interior posterior receiver is vital too. (Feeding the leather!)

Don't forget the Hygenic interior departicalisation (Hoovering) and the Crystal glaze finishing (wiping the glass).

Ah, the reinvigoration, hydration replenishment and firming of the interior posterior receiver is vital too. (Feeding the leather!)

Lmao :lol: