Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Confession from a G60 owner to all VR Boys

I just have to say that being on this forum form a while now every time a newbie comes on all they ask is what do i get g60 or Vr?

Me being on the G side for the whole time untill now!

all you VR boys and girls bang on about is the bloody noise your vr makes and i always think your over exagerating every time i just think thats nothing on a g-lader at full chat! and allthough the g60 sounds awesome.

i think the raw size of the engine at about 4k under full load it is just immense and has put the biggest smile on my face!

so confession over vicar!

the vr is imo the best sounding car ive ever driven or been driven in! and i drove a 355 and rs6 on my driving day and i think with the induction kit it eats em for breakfast!

Cheers Andy

lol got to agree with u mate

im on my third vr conversion in 3 month at the mo and we where all sitting there one night and turn round to the guys and said

"u ever wander once the VW engineers had this engine up and running on the rollers did they ever turn round to each other and say damm this thing turned out sound amazing"

It sounds like every other V6 on the road, nothing really magical about this one (though the narrow angle V probably slightly alters the sound). The only magical thing is that it's in a "normal-ish" car, that normal people can own.

Strangely enough, I love the sound of my Boggo standard 2.0 16v on full chat too... No filter no xhaust, just how VW intended....

But then I'm sure the engineers actually go taht little bit more to make them sound different, if you know what I mean...

Now how many V6 Galaxy/Alhambra owners agree with you? ;) :lol:

lol greeny you need to get yourself a inducted vr lump mate sound so smooth you going up to the stealth rr day! if you are you can take her for a quick once round the block if you want!

deviant = that made me laugh a alhambra driver :lol:

narh,not goin stealth rr day,to tell u the truth been thinkin of gettin a vr golf meself,after i saw this on e38,maybes next year.there seems to be a few nice ones about for not to bad a price

Just wait til you hear the sound of an inducted 24v with stainless on full wwwhhhaaarrrrpppp then :lol:

I'll be at Stealth btw ;)

Strangely enough, I love the sound of my Boggo standard 2.0 16v on full chat too... No filter no xhaust, just how VW intended....

But then I'm sure the engineers actually go taht little bit more to make them sound different, if you know what I mean...

Now how many V6 Galaxy/Alhambra owners agree with you? ;) :lol:

Got to admit i'm the same. My 1.8 16V has a standard filter and exhaust on, and at around 5-7k i think it sounds bloody wonderful!

It sounds like every other V6 on the road, nothing really magical about this one (though the narrow angle V probably slightly alters the sound). The only magical thing is that it's in a "normal-ish" car, that normal people can own.

Only if you stick a Shrick on it - it sounds noticably different without it. There's much more of a warble type noise to it when it's got a normal inlet or VSR.

The funky inlet paths on the Shrick even it all out so it just sounds like any other old V6... which isn't an unpleasant sound by any means, but it does lose that VR character.

good analogy dom

struan i have sold due to costs and price! plus the main reason is i need more of a daily plus a motorway muncher as im going to live in bath soon for new job!

good stuff stan i look forward to seeing her at stealth!

The VR sounds nothing like "any other V6 on the road", LOL!

Ford's Duratec V6 for instance sounds flat and subdued. Vauxhall's GSi V6 sounds like a "V6" with an induction on it. The VR noise is totally unique.

And Alfa's 3.2 GTA V6 engine.....my god....now THAT is a proper V6 sound ;-)

Glad you're enjoying your new car Low_Corrado mate.

I hate to throw a spanner it the works, but I love the sound of an Audi 5 cylinder on full chat, especially the 20v turbos!!

Also I have to say that I loved my mates Golf Rallye G60, it was like a little fluffy pussy cat around town, but open the throttle and it leapt into life at any engine speed. Really awesome torquey stuff. 6 speed quaife box, great!

Can't wait for the sound of a VR turbo. Guess I might get a sneak preview from Kev at the Stealth RR day. Fingers crossed!

Glad its not just me.. I love that noise too.. went out in an old Audi S4 avant fairly recently with the 2.2 5cyl turbo engine and it sounded amazing. But even a Golf V5 has the same sort of sound track - and its superb!

Once you've heard the noise of cars with >4 cylinders its hard to enjoy the noise of a 4 cylinder again! The soundtrack from the VR6 with an induction kit is just so intoxicating!

V8's aint bad either.. they're more just an out and out ROAR though than that sort of offbeat noise that you get on the 6 cylinders :)

Have any of you guys heard the 2.5 Focus ST? I was pleasantly surprised! Sounds quite different to its Volvo sibling. Agree with you regarding 5 or 6 cylinder Jim.

Glad its not just me.. I love that noise too.. went out in an old Audi S4 avant fairly recently with the 2.2 5cyl turbo engine and it sounded amazing. But even a Golf V5 has the same sort of sound track - and its superb!

Once you've heard the noise of cars with >4 cylinders its hard to enjoy the noise of a 4 cylinder again! The soundtrack from the VR6 with an induction kit is just so intoxicating!

V8's aint bad either.. they're more just an out and out ROAR though than that sort of offbeat noise that you get on the 6 cylinders :)

Your so right Jim, when I bought a Golf VR6 in the mid nineties I loved the sound but after about a few weeks wasn't really impressed with the rest of the package - took me another few years to find the perfect package in the Corrado - well worth the wait!

This is a small clip of a Golf V5.. I think this also ticks the 'good soundtrack' box :)