Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

Gave the old girl an oil service today (off for a week so thought what better time) 175,000 miles on car and 14k miles on engine, new passenger side headlight glass and all new bulbs installed. Also installed the 8mm red ht leads i got off ebay.

Well done on the pass :)

I have washer bottle and coolant tank envy looking back at those pictures (they are not available now)

How did you get on with the 8mm leads ? were they from mr Retro ?

What coolant tanks are now discontinued no way. Yeah the leads were from Mr retro off ebay, all well up to now the clips on the holder needed to be filed down a bit to accommodate the 8mm leads but apart from that all fine.

Next on the list is sill repairs (nothing serious) and a possible respray, looking a bit tired in places.

Just to keep this updated. Fixed my broken window regulator on the drivers side with a good used one. Note to self the mech comes out and goes in anti clockwise and make sure the bit that connects to the window is all the way down (makes the job so much easier). Nightmare of a job now to chill with a glass of vino hiccup

Thanks to illfuzzer on sending one over super fast 👍

cf9ceb854269f9799fc30b84fc996298.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Jon_vr6

Just to keep this updated. Fixed my broken window regulator on the drivers side with a good used one. Note to self the mech comes out and goes in anti clockwise and make sure the bit that connects to the window is all the way down (makes the job so much easier). Nightmare of a job now to chill with a glass of vino hiccup

Thanks to illfuzzer on sending one over super fast

cf9ceb854269f9799fc30b84fc996298.jpg

Good tip, i need to do mine at some point too.

Amazing to see another storm... IN STOCKPORT?! Surely not? Got my vr6 in dragon pearl green getting full respray on 23rd.

Theres two me and my bro have one each in mystic

Where abouts you based. I see some corrados knocking about but not seen a storm per say. Im in offerton area and run mine daily. Unless it was you when i shouted "corrado buddies" at someone rather predictably filling up in their rado

Haha im in cheadle hulme and bro in bramhall. I use mine daily too as they should be driven and enjoyed.

My my.... we will have to meet some day. Itll be great to see some. Although mines currently out of action due to a bump in new mills which took out my sump and oil pump. And then on the 23rd itll be gone for 2 weeks getting resprayed and storm wheels getting refurbed.

Mine is getting some much need under body attention in the coming weeks. The joys of running them daily.

Yeah mine is getting a little scabby. I dont help it tbh with my foot welded to the floor. Cant help myself when it sounds so good. Got a militek cat back. One of the best sounding cars ever made. How much was your stealth rebuild if you dont mind me asking and what sort of results have you got?

Around the 2.5-3k mark i think but my bill was a tad more than that as i had a host of other parts fitted (brake lines/bushes etc). The reason i had the rebuild was because well it was getting old so wanted the whole bottom end rebuilt but whilst doing that they found that the previous head rebuild hadnt been done properly so more cost to the total rebuild. As for results i dont know yet i have 263 cams with a 263 generic remap but im planning on getting it rolling roaded to get the most out of it. Ive got a jetex exhaust with a bmc cda air filter sounds awesome on full chat.

Thats mad. Gonna have my car for a long while and im in the stage of ironing out problems at the minute and dont want to get anything done in the performance area yet since im only 19 and insurance would cripple me. Already spent a fair few £'s on her but i think its only the start. Just been reading through the post and i love how its your diary of owning the car. And sorry to hear about your long absence from it while getting engine done as i know it hurts. I think rebuild and turbo in not too distant future but on 130k so not urgent.

Yeah good on you having a VR6 at 19 i got mine at 21. Start up a members thread of your own and get some pics up mate.

Yeah im paying for it but worth every penny. Yeah going to when paints done. (Laquer peel and lots of stone chips and what not rather embarrassing atm). But yeah hopefully many fun times to come

Yeah im paying for it but worth every penny. Yeah going to when paints done. (Laquer peel and lots of stone chips and what not rather embarrassing atm). But yeah hopefully many fun times to come

Get a members gallery going now, warts and all! It'll give you a good history of how your car has come along. Don't be embarrassed by it, have a look at page 1 on my gallery!!!! It won't be looked down on, folk aren't like that on here. We're happy that you're saving another car rather than it going to the big scrapyard in the sky.

Gives others a little motivations sometimes too, to start getting theirs on the up when they see others making good progress. :thumbleft:

Hi guys this thread hasn't been updated in a very long time. I'm happy to say Jon's old storm is finally back in a good and hopefully permanent home. It's now done 30k since the rebuild a few gremlins to sort to get her back to the standard Jon kept her in.