Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

To sell or not to sell - Dilemma

Look at the Passat, and then look at your C. No competition. All the new VW's are nice, comfortable and refined and some are very quick, but tbh, they're all a little dull. I love our vRS- perfect for long family journey, quick, looks good etc, but the C is in a different league for character, looks and performance.

As the others have said, we all go through this stage of wanting a change for various reasons, but it really pays to wait a while. Your car is superb- the engine install looked factory at the RR day, would be a real shame to get rid of such a fantastic mota and replace it with some modern VW that you see in droves every time you drive. You'd defo regret it!

Look at the Passat, and then look at your C. No competition. All the new VW's are nice, comfortable and refined and some are very quick, but tbh, they're all a little dull. I love our vRS- perfect for long family journey, quick, looks good etc, but the C is in a different league for character, looks and performance.

As the others have said, we all go through this stage of wanting a change for various reasons, but it really pays to wait a while. Your car is superb- the engine install looked factory at the RR day, would be a real shame to get rid of such a fantastic mota and replace it with some modern VW that you see in droves every time you drive. You'd defo regret it!

I agree, the passat is no where near as sexual but if you do decide to sell i'll give ya £50 and a packet of jelly tots! :)

Stan.... I know where your coing from!!! Now you've injected all that money into it for the Dream!!! engine change... Its pushed it to a financial limit that your thinking... "Man this is starting to cost me serious money" ?????

These are the only reasons I haven't done it.... I'm happy with the Vr the way it is, don't get me wrong I'd love to do what you've done but hey!!! thats the way the cookie crumbles...

If its the styling route ou want to go down..... p/x the C with someone whos still got a good example Vr and then with the spare change look at getting a daily mk4 Golf...... :)

Think we're gonna get a MK IV for the mrs, and that should satisfy my needs for a bit of modern and a bit of playing. Im gonna keep the C, and start the long old road to geting it looking how I want it, but it may take some time.

That syncro is appealing though :lol:

Sell it. You can always get another one. But get a MK4 V6, otherwise you will miss it. Sorry guys but the best thing I did was buy the MK4. Can't comment on the "normal" MK4's but the 4motion is awesome in many ways. Will give another perspective on it when the wheels/suspension etc.. are done.

The only thing I miss from the Rado is the uniqueness, otherwise the MK4 is better in every way.

Jay

If you don't want to sell it but want something different, you can always find a way to work around it.

One way would be to take it off the road so you won't keep paying those insurance b*stards and have a simple beater to move around in just until you are ready to get the Passat or whatever you had in mind.

Later on when you want to take the passat off the road, you'l be glad to have the C there and ready waiting for you.

Hope you will decide to keep it because it is a unique Corrado and by selling it, it might just end up in the hands of some rich kids first car.

Good Luck!

Sell it. You can always get another one. But get a MK4 V6, otherwise you will miss it. Sorry guys but the best thing I did was buy the MK4. Can't comment on the "normal" MK4's but the 4motion is awesome in many ways. Will give another perspective on it when the wheels/suspension etc.. are done.

The only thing I miss from the Rado is the uniqueness, otherwise the MK4 is better in every way.

I agree the 4Mo is a good car, my mate bought this car from the dealers in mid 2005 for £11,000 and sold it to another friend only months later for £9K he kept it a few months and let it go for £6.5K inc new tyres on Santa Monicas, the car had leather Recaros, climate everything and was low mileage too. Plenty of car for the money but not as unique or involving as a Corrado.

P5080039.jpg

Jay

Now that has put the cat amongst the pigeons!!! Think I may need a test drive Jay, that way I can really decide!! ;)

I wouldn't discount the Passat.

More car (metal) for your money, you only have to look at the Passat Forums to see how good they can look, arguably the best built Volkswagen of recent times, permanent four wheel drive etc.

I have driven a few Golf V6 4Motions and agree that they are a damn good car and pretty underrated - by the same token I wouldn't say that a Passat Syncro / 4Motion drives any worse - the Audi V6 doesn't sound as good as the VR though

Don't get a Golf 4motion STanners - thats way too old for you mate! I've yet to see a nice looking one too. Get the Mrs a Schmolf, keep the rado and stop being gay :)

Final offer for the rado if you do sell - 50 quid, 3 mars bars, a comb, half a toilet roll and a packet of tootie fruities? :)

Don't get a Golf 4motion STanners - thats way too old for you mate! I've yet to see a nice looking one too. Get the Mrs a Schmolf, keep the rado and stop being gay :)

Final offer for the rado if you do sell - 50 quid, 3 mars bars, a comb, half a toilet roll and a packet of tootie fruities? :)

Chuck in a king size snickers and I'l think about it :lol:

I was selling mine,got offered the money I wanted,couldn't decide what to do.Just left the raddo parked up,now im so glad I kept it.

This is my second VR and I regretted selling my old one that's why I have another :lol:

I was selling mine,got offered the money I wanted,couldn't decide what to do.Just left the raddo parked up,now im so glad I kept it.

This is my second VR and I regretted selling my old one that's why I have another :lol:

I'd think 10 times before selling a motor like yours.... A Corrado on steriods.... :lol:

I saw daz's Passat and its lovely, but Ive seen a nice 4mo for te same price to.

I sold my last C (VR) and regretted it, which is what would probably happen again. I think Im sticking with it, unless someone offers me good money which I cant refuse. ;)

Been in this situation lots of times. The g60 ownership has been a love hate affair for around a year now. Thought of selling it and getting a cheap a4 1.8 or v6 tdi - but then you lose so much in driving enjoyment, depreciation - and eventually you'll just start fixing the things you've likely already fixed in the Corrado. I wasn't convinced it was a way to save money at all. In fact, the best way to save money was to stop spending soo much on mods etc on the Corrado full stop. Since then I decided to keep the Corrado (SORN'ed and not used for around 6 months now) and run a cheap estate (bought for under £300) and that has done me 6 months already. Sure it's not exactly pimp, but when all you pay is diesel fill ups who cares. In 12 months I will have saved enough to a) pay to get any niggles with the corrado fixed to stop annoying me and b) consider replacing the cheap estate with a decent daily driver. The misses could potentially drive the daily driver and you don't lose your 24V "toy" (that you really want to keep so you can tinker with it).

In summary I think you should keep, take it off the road to save cash and buy a cheap runaround till you are 100% sure.

Chuck in a king size snickers and I'l think about it :lol:[/quote:3ed13]

PMSL :lol: :lol: Nutters :lol!: well funny!

What I do not get is people going on about "losing all the driving enjoyment of the Corrado" etc...etc.. and then in the same sentence saying get a 1L Diesel Estate car for a daily...........erm where is the driving enjoyment in that exactly?

Fair enough you could enjoy the rado on a weekend hack or whatever, but why not drive something nice everyday and get 700% more enjoyment out of it.....

Jay

isn't it due to money issues over actually wanting to get rid of the corrado? if he wants to get rid of the corrado regardless then the conclusion is pretty straight forward. owning a pos car like what i said above would buy you some time to get finances sorted out then enjoy the corrado every day again.

Its not lack of money, just lack of money to throw at it and make it like I want it to be. Guess I just need to be a bit more patient!!

whats better - having it the way you want it (if it takes 6-12 months then does that really matter?) or having an alternative car. thats the question then... i want all sorts for my car, it'll take another 2 years to pay for it all, but until that goal is no longer what i want, i'm happy to wait. same applies...

It doesnt actually "need" anything, bt Im sure your car didnt "need" a schrick, know what I mean? Its just things I'd "like" to do to it.

From what i've seen people i've spoken to about the corrado and people that have owned one, have always said they would buy one back in an instant or completely regretted selling it.

Now what car can you honestly say will do everything on the level that a corrado does? No car today is as good as the corrado in all honesty. Its all electronics.

If i was you id be patient with it, because you could regret selling it a lot, and finding something else to be just as good you'd only dissapoint yourself so save yourself the dissapointment and hold onto it ;)