Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Snow stops play for driving C but i'm still a happy bunny!

Walked to work due to snow and not wanting to chance the C getting hurt, and found these had been delivered!

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Now im happy! Just gotta wait till next weekend until top mounts come!

cheers greeny,

herisites, i cant wait to get them on! how much should i wind them down, i want it low low low, only use car at weekend so compfort really doesnt matter that much.

Well i wouldnt go TOO low until they are bedded in really. I would just set them quite low and leave it for a few weeks until they are bedded in then go as low as you want. They do go very low which is good 8)

Yeah but thats because i have them wound down quite far and have uber wide wheels with stretched 40 profile tyres :lol:

Neil said he's not bothered about comfort, i drive mine every day so just wondered if there was a way of making it a bit more comfortable but im not fussed now, gunna get all my bushes etc replaced and de-rattle/soundproof interior which should make it a bit better. Plus the majority of the comfort issue is the sodding roads round my way, they are terrible :x

Anyway regardless of comfort they hold the road superbly!

herisites, what size wheels do you have and did you need your arches rolling? I'd love some wide dished alloys but not sure what arch work i might need to do?

Ouch well if you wanna go low then be prepared for some arch work mate! I have 9x16's all round, the fronts are et30 with 3mm spacers and the rears are et15. The fronts are under the arch and dont catch with the arches rolled. The rears however stick out past the arch and are a cnut, i have angle grinded the rear arch lips down (and re-sealed them!) but they still catch like a bitch so i had to raise mine up a bit which looks gash. So my only options are to either flare my arches which will mean respraying the rear quarters (but does look fantastic!) or mill the centre of my wheels down 5-10mm or so which is what im going for but i just gotta find somewhere that will do it :(

Ouch well if you wanna go low then be prepared for some arch work mate! I have 9x16's all round, the fronts are et30 with 3mm spacers and the rears are et15. The fronts are under the arch and dont catch with the arches rolled. The rears however stick out past the arch and are a cnut, i have angle grinded the rear arch lips down (and re-sealed them!) but they still catch like a bitch so i had to raise mine up a bit which looks gash. So my only options are to either flare my arches which will mean respraying the rear quarters (but does look fantastic!) or mill the centre of my wheels down 5-10mm or so which is what im going for but i just gotta find somewhere that will do it :(

I really wanted to go for 9's at the rears of mine... but all of above said! Its the reason why just can't do it.... Really wouldn't fancy skimming the inside of the wheels off, Dont sound very safe!!!!

Well you could just buy the wheels with the right offset :lol: these just come up for the right price near by so took them otherwise i would of bought the rears et30 as well and spaced them out a bit. The guy who i had them off (Bendy) has flared arches and now has 9x17 Keskin KT4's which look uber cool 8)

Nice one, I know the feeling, as I had the same experience about 3 weeks ago, when I received a big box at work with brandnew shiny chromed Koni coilies in there.

They're fitted now after some aditional work (rear beam bushes replaced), along with new top mounts all round.

Can't wait till it's April, when I'm finally starting to tax my Karmann coupes again.

Tempest

They were very nice coilies indeed Eric.. your Corrado is looking raaather low at the front! Did you get it all back together again? :)