Sign in to follow this  
drunkenmunkey

What do you think? Opinions welcome!

I'm a newbie to the VR6 but have run VWs for years. I've just won this on Ebay for just under £2K, it has FSH with 161K but I would value your opinions on it before I go and collect it. Apparently everything works except the fan direction dial is stuck, which should be an easy fix.

What do you think?

Much appreciated!

Welcome aboard! Looks very nice but its a brave man who buys a Corrado on the bay without viewing it! :)

Any information on the auction whether its had its timing chains done? A 161k VR is quite likely to need them doing by now if not...

Thanks for the welcome!

It's a brave or stupid man that buys without viewing :) but I plan to give it a good going over when I get there, if no good I'll walk away.

The timing chains are the one thing I didn't ask about...doh! The reciept & history folder is HUGE though so I'm hoping it's been done. The seller reckons it runs flawlessly with no unwelcome noises from the engine.

Is 161K ridiculous mileage?

Result!

Welcome to the club. Take no notice of them, they're just jealous, I know I am, mine cost me £13K :mrgreen:

A brave, brave man, but just goes to show that if you throw caution to the wind every once in a while good things can happen.

a defo result there matey and WELCOME :D

Just for comparisons, i paid 2k last May for a 1990 1.8 16v with FSH and 117k and i'd just like to say i'm not jealous in any way, ahem! :wink:

Now I know it was Corrasovr6-nos' car I must admit to being a whole lot more comfortable about buying it, fingers crossed it doesn't blow up :) I'll let you all know how it goes!.

Thats the good thing about the Corrado community - there are so few about, most folks either know the car or know someone who knows something about it!

Its my old car, done loads to it.....PM me.

Chains are done at 145k

All those bills are what i racked up!!

Sweet, looks like you have yourself a nice buy then mr drinkenmunkey! :)

Bargain! Well done!

The engine looks sweet with the lead quides all silvered up. Only thing I don't like are the number plates!

Lovely looking car.

i bought one of ebay and did not view it. it had the same mileage as one in the thread. mine was bad news but i must say it does look tidy. good luck with it. would look at having the engine serviced if you do buy it.

i think youve done more than slightly well there bud!!

oh and mines on 140k now ont eh original clutch/chains/head lol and its blown, but hasnt blown yet lol.

am think of getting the big 3 done soon though. bottom end can wait another 100k ;-)

Good buy! I bought my first 'rado from eBay sight unseen & it was a beaut (until my friend rolled it down a hill...)

Good luck with it,

Tom

Looks very nice, paintwork looks great, although from experience looks can be deceiving. Sounds as if it's been quite well maintained though.

And it's just shown me how gorgeous the tinted rear lights look on the dragon green colour, up till now I was debating if it was worth changing em or keeping the originals. Think I'm convinced.

Lovely wheels too

You got it?

:D :D Just picked it up! It's not too bad - paintwork is still nice, someones taken a black marker pen to the DOHC indent part of the engine cover!?????? :?

One of the vacuum pipes had split - now fixed and there's a small amount of oil weaping from what looks like a sensor/sender unit situated in the front of the sump [there's 2 and it's the one on the offside - anyone know what it's called?]. Ahh yes and the heater is stuck on hot - bowden cables???

With a bit of luck I shouldn't have to do much more than a full service and a few repairs! The plan is to treat it to regular inspection and kiss it regularlyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Thanks to everyone for their advice- especially James [are you interested in photos of it now?]

Drunkenmunkey- Saw your car on sunday pulling in to halfords(stirling) was gunna come over for a chat but you must have left. Was my blue G outside!!

Anyways looks a beauty good luck with it!!