quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

If I had a surf board I would put it on. 8)

I've spent most of today working on the Audi engine, took the manifold off ready for it to be stripped, rubbed down and painted. Took the manifold cover off and started to sand it down ready for the polishing stages.

Also started to clean the mucky subframe and will be off to VW to order new bushes etc for it, I'm sure that will cost me a fair bit!

ha ha ha, Ive taken them off now. Just wanted to see if they fitted ok etc

I guesse you wont be happy when I tell you I have a tob bar to try on next lol :nuts:

A TOW BAR !!!!!!! :eek:

If you carry on like this I am going to have to take your C away from you and make u drive a corsa !

Wooo glad to see your making progress :D Cant wait till youve got this done its going to be awesum!!!

Don't worry, the tow bar and roof racks will only go on when needed. Would be funny to pull the horse trailer with the corrado, not so sure it would be safe mind.

Cheers Chris, maybe you can lend a hand if I get stuck?

Anyway, just purchased some H&R 20mm spacers, that should help the stance out a bit. Got some tinted headlamp protectors and am in the process of buying a 6 speed r32 box (just need to confirm that mk5 r32 boxes are the same as the mk4)

Here she is ...

DSCF2184.jpg

It's raining at the moment so can't really do much on the subframe and rocker cover :( so will head over to B&Q and get some parts followed by a trip to audi and vw to getted bummed

As I was taking the manifold off I had to remove the dipstick tube, this caused oil to poor all over the garage floor"" The missus will kill me when she finds out! :bad-words:

i love the rack on the roof...just stick a surf board on there :grin:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Love it mate, looking very well.

Cheers Chris, maybe you can lend a hand if I get stuck

If you need a hand give me a bell mate, not sure what id be useful at doing but im willing to learn lol

Nice one Chris.

Heres the little lot from VW which came to almost £300 consists of;

2 x 191411314 - Mount

2 x 1Ho407365 - Ball Joints

2 x 535411315 - Connecting Links

1 x 191419811 - Tie Rod

1 x 191419812 - Tie Rod

1 x 191422884A - Rubber Mount

2 x 191411334 - Clip

2 x 1H0501541A -Mount

[strike:2okxvb3l]2 x 1J0407181 - Rubber Mount[/strike:2okxvb3l] turns out these are the wrong ones should be 2 x 8N0407181B

2 x N90484004 - Screw

2x 357407182 - Mount

Interior Parts

2x 823819679 - Clip

2x 3578671694FB - Cap

You wouldn't think it when you see them spread out

DSCF2205.jpg

Started to clean up all the subframes ready for welding/shot blasting and powder coating. Also did some work on the manifold and rocker cover, still some work to do as you can tell.

DSCF2197.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

Collecting the 02M gearbox this week hopefully.

Just fitted the H&R 20mm adaptors, wow where these light! Makes the rear wheels look as they should. Just been looking at buying a mig welder, think I'll be needing it for the conversion.

Really Exciting stuff Sam. Whats the time line on the engine going in?

Also did you paint the inlet yourself? If so what did you use?

Stu

I don't have a set time for the engine going in, just want to get it done right first time. I hope that it's in before sumer next year because I will be going on a road trip around europe and may go down to s.france to see family.

I am just using matt black spray paint to do the inlet manifold. I figured it should be ok to stick to the original paint after keying it. Still need a few coats though.

Bought a mig welder the other day to help with any welding needing needed ie front mount etc. Plus will come in very handy when I attampt the 4wd conversion.

Just got myself the 6 speed gearbox:

DSCF2598.jpg

DSCF2599.jpg

Will either make or order the mounting bracket that allows the O2M gearbox to fit to the rado subframe.

Does anyone know what this is? It appears to be broken and I can't find anything to do with it on ETKA. It looks like it controls the release bearing to me. Can it be easily replaced?

DSCF2600-1.jpg

here are all the parts cleaned ready for modification and powder coating

DSCF2603.jpg

DSCF2602.jpg

done some more work on the rocker cover, this isn't as easy as I had hoped but I'm getting there plus its my first attempt at polishing

DSCF2605.jpg

still needs a few more coats and the badge repairing/sticking down

DSCF2601.jpg

You should come Nurburgring ring with us lot next year if you have it done in time, would be good to see what sorta times you could set :D

With the amount of track experience I have, I don't think I will do very well. Plus after all this hard work I dont want to prang it on the first corner lol

Hows your coming on Chris? You got a link to it on this forum?

Getting exciting Sam! Cant wait :)

Do you still want those clips by the way? I think ive still got a few of them kicking around my desk somewhere...

that's all looking nice sam - tastefully done as well which is nice to see!

have you got an ETA yet on completion?

just to let you know by the way pal, i have an absolutely mint set of mk5 cats for sale if they're any use to you...

was after £100

Getting exciting Sam! Cant wait :)

Do you still want those clips by the way? I think ive still got a few of them kicking around my desk somewhere...

Ye, let me know where I can pick them up from bud.

that's all looking nice sam - tastefully done as well which is nice to see!

have you got an ETA yet on completion?

just to let you know by the way pal, i have an absolutely mint set of mk5 cats for sale if they're any use to you...

was after £100

I haven't got a set date, just trying to do it when funds and time come up. But hopefully ready for the road trip I've got planned next summer. If all goes well I guesse Feb? But this mainly depends on sourcing all the parts, esp' the ecu to interior loom!!

Thanks but I'm going decat anyway pete, don't need cats on my year of corrado :-) still need 2 more lambdas becasue according to Vince at stealth the mk5/audi engine trims the fueling and the rear bank helps. Any one else know this? I thought the rears just checked the cats where working?

so far the budget is increasing almost on a weekly basis.

I still haven't finished the lights, but done this today

From this:

DSCF1314.jpg

To this:

DSCF1313.jpg

Wheels are BBS LM Reps

i have these wheels and i was not sure but i guess the bolts come out and what did you use to replace them with ???

and also what hub caps are you using as i cant seem to find a suitable bbs cap ????

With the amount of track experience I have, I don't think I will do very well. Plus after all this hard work I dont want to prang it on the first corner lol

Hows your coming on Chris? You got a link to it on this forum?

There was a few who came with us this year who had no experiance with track days at all, they just done a few laps with people who knew the ring, was a good laugh even for me as a passenger :D

My car goes into Jabbasport on Tues/Weds to have a new engine fitted then i just need an mot and tax. Im pushing it but im hoping to make Edition38...just hope it doesnt fail the mot!!! There is a link but ive not updated it recently...

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 11&t=68422

The studs on the LM reps simply pull out with a bit of force. I used some big plumbers wrench and carefully pulled while twisting back and forth. I've replaced them with some cut down stainless steel bolts, but it's possible to use replacement studs.

The caps I managed to get them on ebay ages ago, the guy who i boght them off was doing a few for sale, but he is no longer on ebay as far as i can tell. They aren't proper bbs caps, they are similar caps to what came with the wheels but have a good copy of the bbs decal stuck on. I've seen others using lm reps on the forum with bbs caps, not sure where they got them from so it may be worth sticking up a post to see if anyone else can help you better?

Really struggleing to find a suitable loom that goes from the ecu to the interior! Any body know if other models have the same part of the loom? ie would a mk5 diesel or mk4 r32 have the same setup??

Otherwise, been quite, was away for a week travelling around the UK. Ended up in NW Scotland but the bad news is I was travelling as a passenger in my friends rado vr6 when he lost the back end and wrote the car off! I was ok ish but was karted off to hospital on a stretcher as a precaution!

will give more details when I'm not so tired.

I was travelling as a passenger in my friends rado vr6 when he lost the back end and wrote the car off! I was ok ish but was karted off to hospital on a stretcher as a precaution!

will give more details when I'm not so tired.

nasty .... hope you feel better soon m8 x