Sign in to follow this  
metz

what mpg?

just wanted to see what mpg i should be getting in the g60 around town?

at the moment in 2nd/3rd gear around town i'm getting between 28.8 - 29.8 mpg

Just checking if thats about right...stage 4 charger, chip n 68mm pulley and stainless steel exhaust.

Make more difference how long your journeys are and how you drive than how big the pulley and exhaust are mate.

my valver gets 22ish

must have lead in your boots mate... my VR gets about that....

Well i've long thought my valver has a drinking problem.. but I see about 21-24MPG on my 9 mile drive to work. I guess its the stop / start mixture of traffic that does it.

Well i've long thought my valver has a drinking problem.. but I see about 21-24MPG on my 9 mile drive to work. I guess its the stop / start mixture of traffic that does it.

Don't worry Jim, mine's got the same drinking problems.......it's the 5 o'clock rust that often gives it away.....

Valvers are terrible on fuel in my experience. I easily get over 30mpg from my G60 every time I go out.

If you do a search, you'll find alot of threads with people saying the same :?

Yeah, very very very frequently talked about. When mathematically worked out or when switching my MFA into the test mode it does actually work out at around 30 - 33MPG on motorway driving, which still isn't great...

These threads always come back to the same point...don't take the normal MFA readout as the truth, take a note of how many gallons you put in, reset your trip metre and do the maths the next time you fill up...

do you reckon valvers use the same fuel because the engine has to work harder than a vr6 to move the car?

Not sure about this.... As my old KR 16v Golf GTi used to have very good MPG much better than my G60, I used to get 550+ miles out of a tank of Optimax, I struggle to get 400 out of my G60 :-(

But I still love her! :-)

G60 i can understand using more fuel as its a small engine burning more fuel to get the performance, whereas a VR just using lots because its so big

i would of thought the 16v should get alot better mpg than the others, 22mpg seems rubbish, just get a VR :lol:

lol @ drinking problems. Yep, I get a readout of about 5 to 10mpg while leaving Brum, then hit the motorway and see it rise to a more healthy 28. Then the country roads make it fall again to about 26 ;)

Some of you are lucky. My VR does between 21-23 around town and 27-29 on motorway.

I struggle to get 250miles out of a full tank of optimax, though i live closer to work then 9 miles and i do do alot of stop/start driving. I do suspect overfuelling though.

My VR usually works out as about 28-29mpg over a whole tank, although that goes down rapidly if you start being a bit over eager on the old go pedal.

But my general experience with all Corrados is don't buy one if you want to save the planet!

i used to get around 23 MPG (average) in my G60, but get 28-32 MPG out of my Supercharged VR6 Golf (2.8). even if i hammer the VR when its warm its hard to get it below 25mpg. and thats really hammering it, which i very rarely do....

having read this i wish i hadn't as all i seem to do now is look at the mpg and think 26mpg wish it was more .

But with me being in love with my C i guess i will just have to live with it lol

:)

Wish I could find out what causes the dire economy on 2.0 16v's... other types of valvers don't seem to suffer as badly! :(

"having read this i wish i hadn't as all i seem to do now is look at the mpg and think 26mpg wish it was more ."

I dont sit there wishing it would was more. But, i keep looking to see if its going up and try to keep it increasing. (oh err...). Gets really annoying at time, i do it as a habit now.