Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

What to expect from a rolling road tune for my g60

My g60 is ruuing a jabbasport chip/pulley,and has had a stage4 re-build.

The car hunts a bit now,which I guess is to be expected to a certain extent with the new chip etc.

A friend recommended that as the car is now non-factory that i should get it tunded on the rolling road.

When I went to an establishment in Slough they said that there wasn't much in terms of tuning they could do?!????? :?:

So..my question is,

Do you think I should get my car tuned and if so what should I expect that they will achieve from this?!

In terms of tuning there isnt alot they can do really..

Your prob better off booking your car into a place like G-werks and let them Give the car a health check and maybe fit a different chip (SNS)

They will make sure everything is working as it should.

The jabbasport chips are renowned for over fueling, i would reccomend getting someone to fit an SNS chip instead as these chips are much better.

Together with a new chip and a health check the car should run spot on!

I can second Mikes suggestion. Jabbasport chips are notorious for dumping in too much fuel.

I had Darren and Steve at G-Werks write me a custom chip for mine, and it is very, very good. One of the SNS standard ones should be good for you.

As for what to expect - depends on which rolling road you take it to (according to the Performance Tuning rag anyway). I've used the Surrey Rolling Road (in Longcross) before at a couple of CF open days and they are a nice bunch and realistic about power figures. Along with power and torque they can also have a look at boost pressure and have a wide band AFR - although that is stuffed up the exhaust. With your mods, probably around 185 bhp ish at the fly.

id put the money towards a sns chip

the RR will only confirm what the mixture is and maybe they might ajust your timing, if the mixture is bad through the revs theres not much they can do about it

I think I'll fit a new chip first and then take it to a place in Reading I found 2 check what numbers she is making and maybe ask if they can check the timingetc.

What to expect from a rolling road tune on a G60?

Well from experience mostly immense butt clenching as your pride and joy is thrashed to the red-line and screams like a banshee, while you start to believe in god and pray nothing goes POP! :shock:

rolling road TUNE, or rolling road REMAP? Two VERY different things which will result in two very different outcomes with differing costs...

Rolling road tune up will just check that the fuelling is not overly rich/lean and that the timing is about right and give you a print out of power and torque curves.

Rolling road remap will create a custom chip for your car with the fuelling and timing setup correctly for your engine all the way through the rev range.

If it's the first, then I'd go with the guys above and get an SNS chip for your engine which will show an improvement over the standard or Jabba one...

If it's the latter, then you'll end up with the best possible power out of your engine for the mods you've had done (depending on the talent of the mapper!)