Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

whats this anyone....??

Can someone tell me what this is......found it today, the round rubber disk has sheared from its mount onto the engine and making slight hissing noise - when engine running obviously.....will i do any harm while driving like it in this state ??[climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPICT0017.JPG[/attachment:752a3]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPICT0018.JPG[/attachment:752a3]PICT0019.JPG[/attachment:752a3]

the infamous PCV valve.

You can get one from Ford rather than VW as VW will want to sell you the whole intake tubing and everything for £80.

Ford only want £25 for it as they use the vr6 engine in the Galaxy. the part number you need is 7364573.

tbh mate, the valve on mine is missing completely, and only has a pipe going from the head to a plug then connects into the air intake. Doesnt seem to be affecting anything.

uhmmmm, thats strange, it must be doing something......a bit unerving having the hissing noise though.

Its a vent off for any gas around the rocker gear, it doesnt do any harm being like that, i think it had happened to just about every VR..

it wont do any harm, but it could spit oil out over ur manifold which wouldnt be too nice.

Better to get it fixed as i did then you know everything will be ok ;)

thanks guys for the replys, was also thinking superglue mite be first port of call....see if that sorts it for a bit at least.

looked like someone had tried to super glue it before so thought trying again wouldnt be the best....bought new one from ford (£24) and actually makes quite abit of difference to performance (felt quite flat when broken), possibly has something to do with the fact that without it the MAF has an extra air feed and thus probably confuses fueling......so quite pleased i got a new one now.

looked like someone had tried to super glue it before so thought trying again wouldnt be the best....bought new one from ford (£24) and actually makes quite abit of difference to performance (felt quite flat when broken), possibly has something to do with the fact that without it the MAF has an extra air feed and thus probably confuses fueling......so quite pleased i got a new one now.

Hmmm in that case, i may go out and get one, see if it makes a difference. Mine is missing completely HA.

if you havent got a valve but the system is closed,i.e. theres a black hose replacing the valve, then you probably wont feel any difference....however, if your system is open to the elements like myn was when the valve was broken, then a new one should make the engine feel better.

the infamous PCV valve.

You can get one from Ford rather than VW as VW will want to sell you the whole intake tubing and everything for £80.

Ford only want £25 for it as they use the vr6 engine in the Galaxy. the part number you need is 7364573.

Nice one Jamie. The VR's awoken and she's not happy coz this thing is dosed!

Mike

Fixed mine with supreglue, still OK seven months later.

The cyanoacrylate in superglue will cause rubber compounds such as the piping to become brittle and crack over time.

But if it's working it's working! :salute:

the infamous PCV valve.

oh crap i bought the vw one 76 pound later :(

Mine was all dosed up too after my car being in storage for 2 years. Never was that good to begin with but I'd managed to cobble it back together with some duct tape.

New one from Ford £53 with the link pipe.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfSPAREPHOTOS037.jpg[/attachment:2zi1vafk]

SPAREPHOTOS034.jpg[/attachment:2zi1vafk]

Don't forget the link pipe too!! Part No: 7364575. Doesn't come with the valve and will need replaced too!

Cost me a return trip to Ford.