CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

yea sorry but there are all gone and i will have to reload them all at some stage and that will take some time :(

It will be good to see your thread about your motor Swiftkid...we need more fresh threads imop. :tongue:

yup.

we need fresh meat. :)

or metal .

It was a St James's then we got mooved onto spillers down the tyne,was cool 60+ cars driving to spillrs :grin: you need to have a look out next time bud as corrados are thin on the ground. :(

will do chap gis a shout next time its on :salute:

Good good, i love the effort and work gone into your car!

Got some pictures of it out of the driveway today, at private land trying to get the thing to run right, its just not having any of it though :( pretty cool picture of the cat glowing and the exhaust smoking :)

Putting my raddo on the rollers for the first time tommorow as i want to know what sort of bhp its got.

But the car started to play up...typical,one new Bura Coilpack and Bosch lambda and shes all good to go.

So come on.....Any guesses on what the power will be running 17psi? :norty:

I Think its going to be around the 370-380 mark.

anyone else?

i recon somewhere near the 350bhp mark with around similar torque, maybe a touch more...

(forgotten what turbo you're running now - is it a gt30 or gt35? - guessing a 35...)

looking forward to seeing the graphs afterwards! :norty:

aren't the coilpacks made by a companny called Beru?

i thought you were running less than 17 psi by the way - i now have boost envy! just fitted a gauge to the evo this weekend and i'm making about 12.5 PSI (which is a fairly halthy standard figure) - i recon that's going to have to go up before long!

all these numbers! :lol: cant wait to find out...it was running 14psi for some time,but you get used to the power...so i turned it up to 17psi and it has more to come! :norty:

Yes its Beru Pete...forgot the spelling! :wink: still it was £117.30 !! and the bosch Lambda at 60 quid!!! and ive bought a Peloquin diff tonight !!!!! god im spent up! :(

Its still a T70 with a 1.06 hot side...not ideal but it works.

Tommorow will be interesting :norty:

and ive bought a Peloquin diff tonight !!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: great stuff - be getting all that power down properly at last then!

i have to confess i don't actually know that much about the numbers on turbos. i know how they work, all the different variables that affect them and how there are put together, but other than gt30/gt35/gt40 etc i'm a bit lost!

i must find out asap as the turbo is obviously the heart and soul of an evo!

Im going to say 365 now your running more boost then.

Pete you will have something like a TD05 or 04

Dont think i will get the 400hp mark...i can turn the boost upto 20-22psi but its mental on the road and i wont go that high untill ive built my new box with diff and then i will have it RR again to see how much bhp its got. :tongue:

It a local classic car/morgan dealer i did my apprenatship with years ago.... Mac Donald Racing.

Its also costing my a pint! :lol:

Its a very hot day today,intet temps are around 39deg flat out,ex outlet air temp 180deg flat out ,engine oil around 102 around town and 96 flat out! ,ambient air 34 deg! :brickwall: not good for a RR !

Well ive got a total of 0 Bhp! :( as we could not get grip once the turbo spooled up....tried to strap it down as best as and to sit on the front but still no joy :epicfail:

The tyres were starting to blister and the inlet temps were 59 deg :shock: the humidity was so high in the dyno shop everything was so dame hot!

oh well,best find another rolling road....... :shrug:

Jebus, you scared me then!!! 0bhp... i was thinking oh no, whats blown up.

I gotta say that is pretty impressive you can't get a result because the rollers couldn't handle the power hehe, or at least thats what you should tell people :lol:

Well 0 bhp as you couldn't get it to grip is better than nothing or a disappointing result, at least you know it must be kicking out quite a fair old whack.

They are used to cars with no more than 250hp so this was a little more powerfull than they are used to :lol:

Still would be nice to see what power its got but it also sound good ta brag "it was to powerfull for the RR " :norty:

ontheRR-1.jpg

doh,been checking this thread all afternoon.

Disappointed I am.

Anyway looks like whatever it is kicking out is healthy.

that's crap mate - no wonder you are disappointed. at least you know the car is making good power! :)

Fitted my roll cage today....swine to fit! but looks the part,will look even better with stripped out rear,bucket seat etc 8)

Picture002.jpg

Looks well mate shame about rr. When were you an apprentice at mc d's cause you prob work on my dads Mog!