Sign in to follow this  
diamondblack

"Crap Corrados R Us" part II -Now with new improved Crapness

More crapism for connoisseurs of crapology everywhere.

corradobeyondbelief2.jpg

corradobeyondbelief3.jpg

corradobeyondbelief.jpg

corradobeyondbelief4.jpg

There is something so brain-twangingly twisted about this that I think it goes all the way around the dark side of sanity, sits in a room flipping its bottom lip, and then comes out the other side and actually becomes a work of genius. Albeit by someone you clearly wouldn

dragster C is cool IMO and the owner has posted on here in the past.. the gold one underneath doesn't look that bad either (ok apart from the gay rear bumper diffuser type abortion) and that last yellow one is a photochop based on the Seat Leon - as for the rest, yeah they are pretty poor... :lol:

Actually, I do now agree with Phil K, to a certain extent, about the dragster; it does have a kind of 'does what it says on the tin' coolness. So let's exempt the dragster.

I've got pics kicking about somewhere of two horrific (I believe American, I know at least one was from NY) monsters of Corrados that I saw in Canada.

One was a black, completely standard looking valver on steelies... apart from the airbrushed manga character down the side. Then inside all of the plastics had been painted (badly) primary blue or yellow... and it was peeling off...and the seats were ripped to hell.

The other was also black with the world's worst bodykit, purple-tint windows and vents all over the show. Sadly it also had nos in it so went like the clappers. The owner had a beard.

IMO the dragster is pretty cool. :lol:

I think its all fibreglass anyway. I remember seeing it at Autosport International at the NEC in January 06.

Remainder: unspeakable!!

Sorry but I flat out disagree with the OP's comments about the Dragster. Thats an awesome car, and the guy that built it is a top chap. He's posted on here a number of times and kept people up to date on his progress with the build. Nothing on there is is "stick on tat" that defines a crappy car.. its an absolute beast!

And i've always liked the Rieger kitted Corrado's.. personally..

The second model down (gold/bronze) makes the front end look like a Morris Marina LOL. Never mind, each to their own.

Spencer Tramm's corrado dragster called "Quantum Leap" is nearly all original metal, it has to be to run in the class its in I think the only thing thats fibreglass is the bonnet, which isnt surprising as it has a 555 cubic inch chevy in it which wouldnt even fit under the bulged vr bonnet :lol:

even with the old 400 and something cubic inch engine it was still running an 8.7second quarter mile :shock:

I hate wing vents, bonnet vents and now after see this pic side skirt vents :scratch: you might as well tattoo chav on your forehead.

:lol: making your headlight look the same size as your fog/indicators is not a good look, the dick! I see that the two of them in the background are discussing how bad the rear bumper looks, the guy on right is saying "oh yeah I see what mean it does look crap"

That bonnet vent stinks of p*ss! He's offset it to oneside to make it look like it has a purpose the tit.

Sorry but I flat out disagree with the OP's comments about the Dragster. Thats an awesome car, and the guy that built it is a top chap. He's posted on here a number of times and kept people up to date on his progress with the build. Nothing on there is is "stick on tat" that defines a crappy car.. its an absolute beast!

And i've always liked the Rieger kitted Corrado's.. personally..

I agree, I was wrong about the dragster. I didn't 'mind the gap'. If it was a road Corrado that had been made to look like that, then it would be crap; but as it's a dragster that's been made to look like a Corrado (or as near as it feasibly can), then it's pretty cool.

(Still fond of the 'Dawn French arse-width pills' line, though...)

I thought Only good cars came out of Holland! That 2 tone thing is plain awful!

Readily available hash + car custom scene, does not always a good combination make. But then, without it, we wouldn't have cars like this.

Nice to see someone likes it :) Just to quash all rumours it's a completely standard Corrado bodyshell with the arches stretched forwards 2 inches to get the wheels in. Other than that the only replacement part is the bonnet as I needed to get an airscoop on it.

Car has run 8.60 @ 156mph and at the end of September we became National Champions beating all of the "beadstead" traditional "dragster" looking dragsters. The first car with doors to do so in 4 years.

Spencer

I remember seing the Corrado dragster at santa pod a few years back- I think you manged 9. something- awesome car..

- especially the way you'd had to move th driver position back to fit the engine in!