Sign in to follow this  
junkie

The "Whats your winter plans" thread

Well now the cold days are truly upon us and many Corrado's will be taken off the road for the winter, what are the plans you will be doing over the months of winter?

Hopefully i am going to get the bodywork freshened up with a flash over/respray subtle smoothing, wheels refurbed, generally get it looking as good as she goes. These are probably just pipe dreams though :lol:

My plans are to build my 16v turbo engine, hopefully! Not sure if the funds will allow completion over winter though :?

Planning to get rich and retire... as for the car, a re-map is on the cards and once the cab is sold (prob in the spring) I'll be gettting some coilovers 8)

if i started writng my plans, i'd probably make the forum crash....

We all would i think.

Seriously though realistic plans for this winter only.

You only have 1 plan and thats get the damn thing back......a definate feature/cover car in the making.

I will hopefully get my engine bay painted and tidied, but while the engines out I might have to do something :D , depends on time and budget tho...

Maybe some different wheels, i do like mine but im not sure if i want them on for the show season coz there a bit rough now.

Graham

Mine will be getting put to bed in a couple of weeks until after the winter...

Plans are Mk4 rear brakes, repaint calipers all round, powdercoat all suspension parts, driveshafts and some plating of various under the bonnet and replace all bushes...

I think thats enough to keep me going for the coming months....

To go Ice Driving in Sweden in a Ford Focus, M3 and 911 for a day and a half and in the evening Snow Mobiling !!

Can't wait !! :D

Hoping to get a daily driver in the coming months so I have a bit more time to take the Rado off the road and do jobs i've been meaning to sort for ages, and try and further my mechanical knowledge a bit.

Dunno if i'll make it this year though so the old Rado has another tough winter ahead of it!

paint the car matt cream and get some black recaro's

also get the engine out and start the transplant

great fun over winter :?

I don't have the luxury of another car yet but i'm getting my wheels refurbished next week i can't face them anymore, they're embarassing.

Yep.. it's just the Rado as she is for the winter months... am just entering my third month (!!!) of trouble free driving!!!! Hoping winter won't be too hard... she my daily car afterall!!!

Hibernate......

Oh, and if I ever get round to measuring up for some callipers spacers, new, bigger 2 piece AP racing front discs (on order, woo hoo), a peloquin in a G60/VR6 box (please Santa, please let me have a Peloquin - the box is all ready for you), and a four branch manifold (please Darren).

trust me it will be happening one day, just not at xmas :) say by february?????????????????????????

Rather than lay my car up for the winter and polish it, keep it warm and look at it, I plan to get my car back from it's current rebuild, run it in properly, get the Emerald installed and mapped, and then drive it as hard as possible as often as possible.

A Corrado is a driver's car, and it's there to be driven hard in my opinion. I don't know how so many of you guys can consider putting them away for the winter!

John