Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

nice one, thats what I was hoping you'd say...... am gonna try and fit the same intercooler as you before i go to a track day at the Le Mans circuit in August, I have just located one locally for £40 so guaranteed not be damaged etc.. What hosing/elbows/diameters did you use? 8)

Also, do your Borbet A's have a ET35 offset or ET30??

I think the offset's 30 but I'm not too sure.

As for pipe work, I'm still running an RSR outlet so it's 80mm bend from there. I'm still messing around with the pipes trying to find the best/neaest combo, but it's looking like an 80mm right angle, onto a reducer(80-70mm) then a reducer right angle (70-50 mm). For the outlet side, I jut got several angles and made the pipe up really. But I'm still waiting to hear back as I'm getting a quote to have to whole outlet side made in a single alloy pipe that'll be pre bent and include the peice for the o2 pot

I'll try get some pictures of the pipe work sorted.

As for sizes, will you running an RSR of standard outlet? an RSR is 80mm and the intercooler has a 51mm inlet size. Outlet size is 51mm again for the intercooler and I think the TB was 63 but I'll double check.

I dont think those kits have many useful bits in TBH. I used a couple of places, Viper-performance online and a company local to me, Roose motorsport.

I've also fitted a slimline fan, due to the routing of the pipes it runs close to the fan, and if (like me) you pop a hose off and jam the fan they have a terible habit of smoking lots and fail to work! :nuts:

Do those 1000 words include "You need to tidy up the pipe work" and "your engine bay needs cleaning"? :lol:

After much thought and careful calculations I've decided I can keep my corrado :clap:

Although she may be off the road for 6 months. Changed my mind after taking her for a quick spin this afternoon :norty:

Well, spent a while trying to get the car looking nice, only I now realise how baad the bodywork is really looking. Have to start saving for a respray when I've moved house.

Here's a few pictures I took earlier, planning on taking it somewhere else for the next set of pictures :lol:

Corrado92.pdfSSA50084.JPG[/attachment:299ayq65]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfSSA50088.JPG[/attachment:299ayq65]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfSSA50090.JPG[/attachment:299ayq65]

And I've just managed to get some snaps of the vulcan flying round!!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC01178.JPG[/attachment:299ayq65]

DSC01173.JPG[/attachment:299ayq65]

Big geeky but I worked on the re-wiring of it so felt pretty proud

WOW.. thats really weird, I haven't been called slim shady for ages!!! just normally slim!

Pipe work still needs tidying up a bit, especially between the cooler and the throttle body.

I'll get there eventually :D

Looking good slim, Vulcan looks impressive too 8) is that the vulcan that bombed stanley during the falklands conflict? (bit geeky but its interesting :D )

How much is your car lowered by? looks absolutely spot on :notworthy:

Unfortunately the flying vulcan is 588 the one that bombed stanley was 607, however I do run past the one that bombed stanley every morning as it's parked on RAF Waddington (where I work/live)!!

I think next week weather pending that I'll take my car round for some more geeky photo's that'll feature the vulcan!!!

I'm not sure how much my car is lowered by I kept winding the coilovers down til I was happy with how it looked!! I'll have a measure up next week and see how low it is :D

Shit so they got that thing flying again. Probably the most haunting noise Ive ever heard when that thing takes off, never been so slack jawed in my life by the noise. Did I mention the noise!!!! :clap: Is it doing the show's this year?

Nice car as well.

Ah cool slim, have you read the book V607? very good story of how they achieved a very lonely bombing run for one vulcan crew!!! involving about 30 in flight refulings!! they even had to re fuel the refueling planes numerous times!! :lol:

Is it right the Vulcan will be fit for flight as soon as its been "passed" for air worthyness? hope to see it in the sky some time soon when it does

The vulcan should be dong it's first display this weekend at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire, if any of you are around and find me on the gate I do great discounts 8)

It should also be doing more displays as they have managed to secure sponsorship to help funding.

You are such a nerd slim! :lol:

Anyways, whats news dude? Likeing the Borbets by the way! I thought you were at Coningsby anyway??? You seen Jed lately??

good to hear from you too stan :p

I got posted to the AWC at Waddo when the Jags folded. Saw Jed the other week when he was on guard but dont really have much contact with the rest of the camp/real air force!

How's warton? I might be up there later in the month. So you not back in a C yet then stan?

You working with Tina and Elaine then? If so then you'll be visiting the same place I work in mate.

Still got the 4mo and Cupra, but thinking of changing the Leon for a beemer for the Mrs and putting some more effort into the 4mo for me ;)

Having just spent some time out of the country I'm glad at be back on sovereign soil. I was also glad to get home and lay my hands on the keys to my rado. Although she may have looked a mess being covered in manky rain water and dust as soon as I'd jump started her I realsised just how much I'd missed that sound :D And to drive :luvlove:

Just needed to say this,

your truely,

a very happy rado owner pleased to be back in the saddle :norty: :cheers:

Well another quick update, since getting back I've been busy moving house and then with xmas and new year the corrado has sat there unloved :(

I wasn't really surprised when I went to start her that the battery was completely fubar'd. £60 later and she's running like a dream once more :D

Over xmas I was talking to a motorsport place as I fancy going down the 1.8t route this year. He then offered me something a little unique, a 2.0 20v alloy audi engine, along with a turbo/supercharger, so I'm now saving my pennies for this. Hopefully later in the year work should start :D

Also I'm having a rethink about the TT seats, well the rears anyway. I'm not sure I'll ever get them to mount safely so think I'm going to get a standard rear bench recovered.

Apart for that it's just been general husbandry tasks as the MOT is due ths month, guess I'll be sorting out the handbrake again then :lol:

Hi Stan :wave:

I've got the choice of either, but probably go for the supercharger 8)

I'm not sure what car it's out of, maybe a 90 :shrug: it was one he was going to use for his mk2 1.8t but it's now twin charged.

So how's warton then? Back in Corrado yet?