Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

looks mint on those rims mate, what width are they? 7.5 or 9?? :) sits really well also. how low is it?

Not sure how low it is, but they're 7.5's all round. I might measure it theis weekend to see how low it really is

they look really good, are they any different to the ones on M15 VW corrado?

something seems different

They're probably in worst condition :lol:

I THINK hers are wider on the back giving a deeper dish.

Looks ace on those rims mate :D

I THINK hers are wider on the back giving a deeper dish.

Looks ace on those rims mate :D

Cheers, I'm really chuffed with the the way it look 8)

However having just driven it for the first time with the new wheels on it would appear that I'm now rolling my rear arches this weekend.

Looks good... have always thought these rims look better with flat center caps though ;)

Flat center's will be ordered once I've refurb'd them!

Need a quiet month as I spent a small fortune last month and also got the wifes birthday too so I need to shower her with gifts and not my car :(

I plan on starting to refurb the borbets this weekend but I need peoples help.

Should I just have them plan alloy colour? or should I go for something more daring? I've thought about doing the spokes gunmetal colour in a similar style to Riley, or perhaps the whole wheel including the dish.

Whats peples opinions on this? :shrug:

Cheers

Picked up the frames today from reaper1_3 to fit my TT seats. Unfortunatly I haven't been able to finish them so here's just a quick picture of the drivers seat in.

DSC01119.JPG[/attachment:30iku4v1]

More pictures to follow, as well as news on the TD5 intercooler pipework when I hear back about it :?

m15 vw's are 9's ont he back and 7.5's on the fron t with flat caps. looks sweet though mate, i like a lot.

Gav

seats look really nice mate, were they a chew to fit or was it just a case of adjusting the frames slightly? :)

Thanks for the comments peeps.

the fronts were fairly easy but I had the added advantage of getting my hands on some pre-made frames that the back of the seats bolt to. These sit in the runners and the front of the seat bolts to a cross beam.

The rears are gonna be a pain in the :censored: I think. :scratch:

wheels look good mate, im surprised even 7.5 Borbets width catch your arches, god knows what im in for when im lowered with 9`s all round! (my rears are already rolled though :wink: )

Not so keen on the seats myself, but it looks a nicely done install

my 7.5s were catching on the front but thats because of the daft offset they are. lol i got the arch lip flattened and its all sorted now :D

seats look really good mate.... the rear bench is easy its just a straight swop! have you had a look at if you can bolt the rear backs in am sure that is the best way togo!

seats look really good mate.... the rear bench is easy its just a straight swop! have you had a look at if you can bolt the rear backs in am sure that is the best way togo!

Not sure if the rears will bolt straight in, the feet seem to be at the wrong angle. I've not really had a proper look yet thou but should hopefully get round to it this week. really hope I can get the rear seats to have the seat belts built in.

After that I'm not sure what to do next? Haven't really got many more plans for her :(

Give me a shout when you are doing it more than happy to help...as always!!! maybe you will have todo what i did using an old rado seat back... let me know cheers :D

After that I'm not sure what to do next? Haven't really got many more plans for her :(

There are always things to do - take a look at the gallery and you'll think ' i wish i had that in my car' - there's your next project (s)

:( Looks like I might have to sell the rado :(

I had an offer excepted on a house so need all the pennies I can spare at the moment. At the very least I'll have to take her off the road.

I couldn't bear the thought of her sat there being reglected when someone else could be getting as much enjoyment from her as I have over the years.

It really is a tough call, she's worth more as bit's but could never have the heart to do that.

Looking at the sum's by taking her off the road I should just be able to save enough, however the extra money would be handy with moving into a new house.

:( :( :( :( :(

oh dear.Well at least you have your priorities straight.You can't live in a car.If you think you might one further down the line then you might want to reconsider and tough it out?!? :shrug:

Unless you'd like a change anyway?

Anyway..

Goodluck with the move anyway. :salute:

I know I'd be back in a corrado in the future, that's why I'm swaying towards just taking it off the road.

Have to see how far my existing funds stretch with the house, think if I'm not driving the C around I should save a fortune :D

Hi slim,

Do you want to sell your wheels?

Also, what improvement did the TD5 intercooler make to your car over standard? You fitting looks good and am thinking on doing the same considering the price of these intercoolers...! :)

Thanks

Andy

yer I think it was a discovery one, I brouht it off ebay for the grand sum of £50!! The difference I've noticed is it seems powerful all the time. I think the std intercooler suffered for heatsoak really badly(especially as mine was missing the air deflector). Over time the car would feel under powered but now it doesn't.

As for the wheels, I've only had them a few weeks!! I'm not definately selling up yet, but if push comes to shove and she has to go I'd consider selling the wheels seperate.