Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

Very nice mate, got rid of your 4motion then dude?

It's freezin here too, at least I'm not working on a cold line anymore :wink:

Get into the car last night and notice the carpet on the drivers side is a bit wet, think my windscreen might have a leak and drive home.

Get home and find the carget VERY wet now and smells like coolant :(

Further investigation finds this very nice split in my heater matrix.

DSC01355.JPG[/attachment:1sutvqmf]

Guess what I'm doing this weekend........?

my god, must be the time of year mate quite a few people having problems with the heating! me included - good luck!!! are you going to take the dash out to do it

my god, must be the time of year mate quite a few people having problems with the heating! me included - good luck!!! are you going to take the dash out to do it

I left the dash in to do it, bit fiddley but managed to remove the air box in a couple of hours, just missing some skin on my hands now.

I left the dash in to do it, bit fiddley but managed to remove the air box in a couple of hours, just missing some skin on my hands now.

Just like working on the mighty Cat mate ;)

Just like working on the mighty Cat mate ;)

Yer, the good old days :salute:

Here's a pic for you

Been a while since I've updated here.

Not much has changed really accept the TT seats have been sold to make way for some cloth Recaro's :dance:

Thanks again Baz (bristolbaron), the seats are awesome and good luck with whichever direction you take with your new interior.

Corrado92.pdfDSC00094.JPG[/attachment:3khd1moa]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00095.JPG[/attachment:3khd1moa]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00100.JPG[/attachment:3khd1moa]

Other than that I just gave her a good wash and polish this morning

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00103.JPG[/attachment:3khd1moa]

DSC00104.JPG[/attachment:3khd1moa]

Bodyworks starting to look tired now so be getting hold of some new panels and bumpers then getting it alll resprayed 8)

Yer I like the Borbets too, wouldn't mind getting some 9's for the rear but as I use her daily for work I need to factor in practicality now too :(

Still, not buying wider wheels will mean I have more money to spend in other places :D

Well I think I've lost the love for her. I dont seem to have the same passion as i used to, plus I'm commuting further now and it costing a fortune in petrol.

I'm really gutted that this time has come but i'd much rather she went to someone who'll enjoy her more.

i'm going to get a couple of bit s of bodywork sorted and then start writing the for sale add. :(

Shame mate, surely you can just buy a cheapo diesel runabout and use the Home to Duty to your advantage. Looks really nice now, I remember seeing it when you were still on 6 when it was pretty stock. Made me miss my rado even more, grrr... lol.

Did you have the polo whilst I was at Coningsby? I cant remember seeing you around? Was I talking to you on the gate when you were on guard?

I've thought about getting a cheap deisel, but dont really have the room for 3 cars, maybe if I could get a bay in the motor club I might try keep her.

Had the black racer kept in the motorsports club at woodhall whilst doing a full rebuild and up spec, til I mothballed it to buy a house. Had a green wide arch caged up green mk2 polo g40 on base though (the one in pvw mag polo shootout), and ran around in Richie k's old white G40 for a while, when he had his toy-yawn-ota. I was on crash gate 5 when I saw you, cant remember when though. Think you'd not had it long though. Im on 41sqn.

I use a sh@tbox astra diesel (the thunderbus i call it) i got for £400, still using it 3years later and ive put 75,000 miles on it, lol (75mile round trip a day). My next corrado project will be a 2l 16v turbo track day car so my sacrifice is not having a decent daily car.

Really good to see what its like now, proper transformation! Really nice g60. Im sure you'll find the love again, just go have a drive! Good luck on whatever you decide.

Do you know Jim Bucanen-Smith then at the AWC, he got his tapes and went there from our place about 2- 2 1/2years ago.

Yer I know Jim. He works in a different office but I see him around. Do you know Ian Hurst?

Richie's polo was crazy, I keep kicking myself for not buying that off of him. At least he saw sense and sold the gt4 for another dub.

I'm really undecided as to what to do, I really dont want to sell it. I'm half tempted to put a smaller intercooler on to get some of the punch back as it has lost some of it's kick since fitting the td5 one.

I went out yesterday down to Norwich and when I wasnt stuck behind traffic on the A17 it was fun.

Slim if you do get rid (not that should we all go through these phases) then 1st dips on the interior :)

Slim if you do get rid (not that should we all go through these phases) then 1st dips on the interior :)

Yer i'm sure we can work something out.

I'll know more next week as to weather I have this posting to Cottesmore, if not and I have to stay at waddo then she'll probably be staying.

I'm sure I offered a 'money back if you decide you have lost the love for your car within the next 12 months warranty' on the Recaros!!

Baz have you not found a replacement yet? I feel quite bad now knowing your cars sat there seatless.

Well Yanards asked first, but baz need seats, there's only one way to solve this........FIGHT :D

Baz have you not found a replacement yet? I feel quite bad now knowing your cars sat there seatless.

Well Yanards asked first, but baz need seats, there's only one way to solve this........FIGHT :D

:clap:

I think she's staying, I took her out today and found a lovely flowing road, first time I've had fun in her for a while.

I think that having just driven to work and back I'd forgotten how much fun it could be and how great that noise is with the windows down :D

Decided to spend more money on her too :norty:

Stopped off at a place to ask about intercoolers too, he's going to change my td5 one for a smaller unit, mounted higher up, just behind the grill.

He said he will be fabricating a Rallye style u bend, and that if it is successful on my car would be interested in doing a group buy on them.

haha.. Yan wouldn't know what to do back down here.. his lungs would fill up with toxins again before he got to Birmingham!

the cars in a garage now so can sit patiently.. it'll be on the road by next March. Possibly. :lol:

haha.. Yan wouldn't know what to do back down here.. his lungs would fill up with toxins again before he got to Birmingham!

the cars in a garage now so can sit patiently.. it'll be on the road by next March. Possibly. :lol:

Damn it Baz, you are probably right :epicfail:

Glad you have found the lurve again Slim.

Cheers Yan, me too. I made a deliberate point of coming the long way home tonight, just to drive it a little more and on different roads.

I think I'd just grown into the habit of getting into it, driving to work, having a :censored: day then driving home, and not driving anywhere else.

I felt the same way a few times about my R6. It's an awesome machine and i feel great after a good spirited ride, but when you use it for commuter duty even that gets old.

Glad you found the :luvlove: