Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

Yer I'll keep plans of the pipes I use. I think it's going to be trial and error as I dont think a TD5 intercoolers been fitted before (I couldn't find it on a seach).

Looking forward to see if I'll notice a difference in the performance.

looking at the size of it, it's a bit smaller than the sprinter intercoolers and depending on your other mods, most people see a 20bhp increase with the sprinter FMIC's. Either way it will definetly be more than the standard damage prone and poorly ventilated original. Plus will look cool :norty:

Looks ace, bet your neighbours love you :lol: :wave:

Looks ace, bet your neighbours love you :lol: :wave:

He's pretty understanding, he's just gone a brought a mk1 golf GTi 8)

:clap: thats cool then, i love my mk1, you can take them to bits together :lol:

Shout out for the TD5 intercooler, got one in my shed that i've been meaning to size up for ages, what are they like to physically fit? Much cutting involved? i'll be interested to see how you get on with the pipe work - keep us posted.

Looks like it's going to be a really nice fit 8)

I offered up the slam panel last night and it looks like I might have to cut off one of the eyelets where the slam panel mounts to the car(the one beside the battery) and also have to cut off the intercooler front mounting points(the drop down thingys), but I'll post up pictures of this.

Other than that It's looking good, just waiting on the arrival of my other pipes now to get it finished.

Sounds good, I hate cutting up cars but it sounds quite minimal from what you're saying. I'd be interested in some pipes for it if you can get them.

The intercooler is pretty much finished, just waiting for the final pipe to arrive before I can finally finish it.

But hopefully by the time I've finished it my new TT seats should be here ready for me to make a start on them 8)

When all the pipe works finished and sorted I'll get more pictures and spec of which pies I've used for those interested.

Still waiting for the final pipe, looks like it might be another week or so :(

However I've just taken delivery of my half leather TT seat :D managed to get a bit of a barin with them too, £57 for front and rear seats, all door cards and other bits of random trim including the glove box :D

So at least I've got something comfy to sit on whilst I'm waiting for the pipe :lol:

I've drilled a hole in one of the pipes and sealed it in there, probably not the best method but I was slightly drunk when I decided it :?

Well after a day of tinkering I've managed to finish fitting the TD5 intercooler.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00988.JPG[/attachment:7e625sgk]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00989.JPG[/attachment:7e625sgk]

I'm gonna take it apart again tomorrow to make sure everythings fine after driving it up the road, so I'll be able to take pictures and confirm the pipework.

So now thats done I can move onto the next stage..

DSC00990.JPG[/attachment:7e625sgk]

TT half leather seats. An ebay bargin as I only paid 57quid a complete interior, front seats, rear seats, all the doorcard, and loads of other bits of trim!!

Pipework wise I used 2 80mm 90' bends, , reducers and a 51mm 90' bend onto the intercooler, then a 45' bend on the cooler outlet, a straight pipe, reducer and another 45' bend. Thats just a rough list, I had to cut some of them to get to fit nice a tight, but relatively straight forward :D

Can you get another set of pipes made up at all? I would be very interested in a set if you can

I made the pipe's up myself by buying silicone bends and alloy pipes off the net as the guys who were going to make them quoted 7 weeks!!

These were just pre bent ones that I've chopped to suit 8)

I am however waiting to get a price from another comany for a pipe that will go from the outlet of the intercooler to the T/B which will include a slot for the CO2 pot.

It also look slike my wallet isn't getting a rest yet either, as I have just purchased a set of Borbet A's :clap:

They're in need of some love but for the price I'm paying I cant complain!!

More pic's to follow 8)

Borbet A`s on an Aqua Blue rado 8) good lad :wave:

Well my borbet a's arrived earlier today and I couldn't resist trying them on!

Quite please with them, they need a bit of a refurb but I cant complain for 200notes.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC01002.JPG[/attachment:3vm5b82h]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC01003.JPG[/attachment:3vm5b82h]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC01004.JPG[/attachment:3vm5b82h]

DSC01005.JPG[/attachment:3vm5b82h]

looks mint on those rims mate, what width are they? 7.5 or 9?? :) sits really well also. how low is it?

they look really good, are they any different to the ones on M15 VW corrado?

something seems different