Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Besides your Corrado...

basically, yeah.

it'a blatantly obvious that they all hit the trees still as there's a huge rectangle shape cut out of the branches on every tree through town!

Prehaps they should fit one of those bars all the way accross for the incompetant drivers who drive off route and hit low bridges :wave:

HiAsAKite

Ah, you have my planned 'next car' combination. As has JonRB, I believe.

Drove my Boss's Chim 400 a while back. It was everything I wanted from a TVR, other than lacking a little in the neck-snapping thrust department. No question, it'd outdrag my Corrado quite convincingly, but I think a 450 or 500 will be the way to go.

Am still getting used to it at the mo but as you say its not 'neck snappingly' quick....though I suspect it has some of the same 'is actually going quicker than it feels' that the VR suffers/benefits from due to its progressive NA power build up.. its only the 400 however... ...

Basically spent last 3 years putting a bit away every month into a 'TVR' fund so that the money was there and ringfenced for when I could finally afford it..(making sure the fund also had an 'emergency fund' in case anything comes up that needs doing... - ... last thing I wanted to do was to overstretch myself on this and not have anything left to be able maintain it properly! (especially as the VR isn't exactly that cheap to run either.....though to be fair I've had most of the expensive stuff done on it now.)

Yup, JonRB, Pau1 and ReekieVR also have one too..

Anyway...good luck, save and one day you'll find you can do it :-)

Apart from the Corrado which hardly gets drove as i walk to work

i have my dads laguna which to say the least is gash

and my girlfriends starlet turbo which is good fun :p

My other ride is a '72 Cortina XL Auto which my girlfriend has now claimed as her own!

It's not quite as quick as the Corrado though...

That looks pretty cool in the retro way though.. ... shame its an auto I guess.. (he says, having no idea how good the auto boxes are in these)...

That looks pretty cool in the retro way though.. ... shame its an auto I guess.. (he says, having no idea how good the auto boxes are in these)...

You're exactly correct! The autobox is a bit of a pain in the a**! You have to know how to 'drive' it to get it to change up gears.

It's great on the motorway though, extremely comfy!

My 'weekender' is a Mk1 Eunos, an ex-track day car, I actually had to RAISE the suspension ( luckily adjustable Koni's) by nearly an inch to make it sleeping policeman friendly.

Seat 2.0l Tdi Leon - company motor

This is my most recent toy

n509138691_413009_2341.jpg

My long termer - 7 years and now with 2.0l 16v engine running on digifant, shortly coming out of the garage for MOT and running in. Pic mid project:

n509138691_94324_7828.jpg

Every day car is this E46 M3, good fun but the Corrado is as good fun in its own way. Obviously slower but easier to drive hard!! :D

Seat 2.0l Tdi Leon - company motor

This is my most recent toy

n509138691_413009_2341.jpg

My long termer - 7 years and now with 2.0l 16v engine running on digifant, shortly coming out of the garage for MOT and running in. Pic mid project:

n509138691_94324_7828.jpg

Golf looks cool.

Any more pics?