Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Tame "VW Dealer" and decent prices - UPDATE 30th Apr

Following something that was raised at the AGM, I have had a couple of conversations with a VW dealer that I have a good relationship with to see if I can set up a deal to get Corrado and general consumables at a decent price.

The dealer in question is very keen to do something even though I stated that my starting point would be to negotiate something as close to possible as "cost price plus 10% for everything we want", this would hopefully include things like oil, filters etc..

Might not mean much of a saving for smaller items or items that are going to incur big postage costs but I'm happy to progress things to a proper sit down meeting if everyone thinks it is something worth pursuing.

Items would need to be ordered and paid for by me but I'm happy to do this and package things up that need posting.

As per sig.

Sounds good though Andy - anything you could organise would I'm sure be appreciated! :salute:

Thanks Andy, I'm sure if you get anything near those prices then theres plenty of room for you to take a cut for your time and effort.

I will be most interested in the summer, I've got a full VR rebuild to do with a lot of suspension components etc

I'm liking this thread very much, thank you :D

I will be buying all the bushes for my car this summer and would be happy to buy VAG at that sort of price...

Quick update - got a meeting with the Brand Manager and Aftersales / Parts Managers on 29th of the month - hopefully have some good news after this :D

sounds great :notworthy: .be nice if all dealers would understand that keeping older vws looking and working well helps sell the brand immage for reliability and that can only help sales

Had a meeting with the Brand Manager yesterday and its definitely a goer - been put in touch with someone in the parts dept. who is keen to be the main point of contact - I'm meeting him next week to sort out a discount structure and then it will be all systems go.

Hopeful of getting some good discounts, I'm sure some prices will be better than , hoping to get a very good price on oil but can't promise anything.

My thoughts are to order stuff on a weekly / fortnightly basis as demand requires so that things can be kept as simple and straightforward as possible for the dealership.

Andy where are you based?

Would you be offering a stop-in shop for those ordering parts through yourself or would you be able to offer some basic postage service?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hi Andy, if you're at the stage when you can ask yet then I'd still be interested in the price for a dealer VR clutch.

Cheers!

John

Hi Andy, if you're at the stage when you can ask yet then I'd still be interested in the price for a dealer VR clutch.

Cheers!

John

John dealer VR clutches are usually Valeo so id get one from your local factors. £120 vs £70.

Stealth have had loads of problems with VR clutches just recently and have started using Valeo.