Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

You'd be able to spend loooads of time together... under the car covered in oil.....

Maybe not a good idea ey. :lol:

Whatever yanks yer chain! :norty: :norty:

Well, next Thursday is crunch time. I'm just praying it's just a dodgy pump. I hope nothing has come loose and been sucked up by it. I'm really fed up again. I just want it back. :(

chin up chap - you'll soon get back into the swing of things and get "the bug" again once you get stuck in and start sorting it all out :D

Got the oil pump off today and it was completely fecked. We had to get it in a vice to get it to turn at all and even then it was stiff as hell. The bearing was shot completely. At least I now know that it is just a poorly manufactured pump and nothing stuck in it.

Spending my day off tomorrow at work with it on one of the ramps putting it back together. Again. Got a new oil pump, new distributor, and a new woodruff key for the intermediate shaft as we suspect this has been sheared given that there is no damage elsewhere. Haven't taken the sprocket off yet though.

Who knows, I don't really want to say it, but it may even be running tomorrow....

Bl**dy Corrados!

It wants to work. It really wants to work. Because if it doesn't I can't be held responsible for my actions. It should count itself lucky that it's not insured at the moment because there a plenty of flammable liquids and sources of ignition in our workshop.... :lol:

Cheers guys.

can't wait to have my first run out in it! :lol:

You've waited long enough! I think Dukest is the only person on here I've taken out in it thinking about it.

Cheers guys.

You've waited long enough! I think Dukest is the only person on here I've taken out in it thinking about it.

and the beast will return i'm sure :wink:

Cheers guys.

I've seen it working! Driving on a motorway no less.. :lol:

Good luck with the fix Joe, I mean Mary, fingers crossed (but not holding my breath lol) :salute:

At last! And it's pretty smooth bar a few teething problems. Think there is a boost leak somewhere as there is a whistle at high revs. Can't believe I've done it! Just needs a bumper, a bonnet, and some headlights and I can drive it!

2hr1f9f.jpg

9ktqhv.jpg

Cheers guys. I feel like I've just breathed a huge sigh of relief! I'm knackered too. Worked 9 till 5 on it.

Want to do another one now though! :lol: Anyone want me to do theirs for them? :lol:

glad to hear it! been watchin this topic hoping it would get there! its the best feeling in the world turning it over and firing it up!

Cheers guys. I feel like I've just breathed a huge sigh of relief! I'm knackered too. Worked 9 till 5 on it.

Want to do another one now though! :lol: Anyone want me to do theirs for them? :lol:

would you want paying? :D

Wonderful news. Bet you feel great (though knackered).

Want to fill the space on the Elsecar stand 25th April then. I'm sure loads of people up here would be pleased to see it.