MK1Campaign

VR6 Timing Chain Kit - Cheap Supplier From USA

im thinking about ordering a kit from them also, but cant understand how you dont pay for it getting hear (import tax). can anyone explain this?

i second that above, really need a set of chains and guides! why is there two seperate sets listed on the web page, 2 of the same timing kit?

i always get stung on import duty tax!!

i'm also looking for a set soon, what if we all pay together and get it all sent to one address?? if its all sent to my place i can send it all out insured via UPS for about a fiver.

i'm also looking for a set soon, what if we all pay together and get it all sent to one address?? if its all sent to my place i can send it all out insured via UPS for about a fiver.

I'd be interested in this too Karl

ok then lets get this started then, anybody who is intrested in a timing chain kit put your name down and give it a month from today for numbers.

well just e-mailed them and seeing if they will offer discounts for a number of kits, when i hear back i will put the info on a group buy on here.

anyone in the uk supply the same kit..? or do you have to buy it all seperate...?

i think you can only buy it seperates from the dealer, no such kit exixts from vw as a genuine item. not sure about after market items. from other motor factors.

i think you can only buy it seperates from the dealer, no such kit exixts from vw as a genuine item. not sure about after market items. from other motor factors.

yeah dealers and gsf dont stock a kit, the dealer laughed at me saying they never replace the chains..??!!

is there a list of the parts then.. use`d the search but cant find one list of parts..

Agreed. Chains definitely stretch with age - that's the purpose of the tensioners! As volksworld13 says - for what they cost, and for the effort of getting in there and replacing them, you really should do them as well.

Difficult one on the chains. Personally I would, even though on the 12V it's not common for them to stretch or break.

The 24V is a different matter! The intermediate shaft pulley wears out and the cam chain definitely does stretch, especially in MK4 R32 engines.

Difficulty i have is that the clutch was done only 22k ago and the chains and tensioners were checked but i have not seen them myself or have proof..

Have had a good quote for fitting them so will have them done and fit my cams at the same time, just need to source the parts now

Late Golfs got a single upper chain but otherwise Golf and Corrado parts are the same. That kit definitley is as it's got the duplex upper chain.