MK1Campaign

VR6 Timing Chain Kit - Cheap Supplier From USA

Amazing Value, funny how parts made in Germany can be shipped to America and back and still be cheaper delivered to your door than it is to drive several miles to a VAG dealership and buy them there. Quite tempted by that, thanks for the info.

Amazing Value, funny how parts made in Germany can be shipped to America and back and still be cheaper delivered to your door than it is to drive several miles to a VAG dealership and buy them there. Quite tempted by that, thanks for the info.

I expected it all to be Febi Bilstein stuff which is good but had a nice surprise when i opened the box.

ive just bought a full engine build kit shells,all gaskets,chain kit the lot and it came to 360 quid deleverd,just ordered it now so hearing it from you gives me a smile :D

thanks for the tip, now my cars back on the road, the chains and guides are on the next to do list

Nice link mate, I've been thinking of using these myself but hadn't got around to it yet. Good to here it's all good stuff.

Did you ring them or order online?

Thats wcked.

Think i'll be making a purchase on that .

Did you have to pay any import duties?

Thats wcked.

Think i'll be making a purchase on that .

x2

where is the best place to get the chains fitted and how much will it cost roughly?? don't want to do it myself as i want the engine to run again :lol:

thanks terry

Ah nutsacks. I've just bought all the aforementioned bits plus a whole bunch more from TPS for considerably more than that.

If they're genuine VAG parts, that's an absolute bargain though! The timing chains alone cost more than that here...

Ah nutsacks. I've just bought all the aforementioned bits plus a whole bunch more from TPS for considerably more than that.

If they're genuine VAG parts, that's an absolute bargain though! The timing chains alone cost more than that here...

H8RRA said he managed to get discount from VAG which got the prices close to the USA figure.

Im not sure how when one chain costs about £60.

is there a seal between the block and the chain covers, can't see one listed in the packs from fourseasons?

is there a seal between the block and the chain covers, can't see one listed in the packs from fourseasons?

Isnt that an actual tube of sealant that you buy from VW?

Isnt that an actual tube of sealant that you buy from VW?

Yeah, you just need a thin layer of sealant.

There is a little O ring in between the chain cover and the block which seals an oil way for the chain tensioner most people just reuse it, as said above there is no main gasket as such...just use some sealant.

Hi

Thinking about ordering a timing chain kit for my VR6 from FOUR SEASONS in the U.S.A, anyone had any experience of there kits and if they had any problems with them. They just seem like such a bargain.

cheers

paul