VAG-hag

VAG-hag's Corrado, beautiful addition

Cheers Andy, all there is to do now is pluck up the courage!

honestly m8 if you tackle it in an organised fashion & put all screws in tubs or envelopes & then next to their relevant parts it is pretty much step by step

as mentioned to VAG-hag - if you haven't got one already make sure you spend the few £'s on a hose clip tool. getting the constant tension clips back on to the feed/return hoses at the bulk head is made 1000 times easier with one

Took mine out yesterday and found 2 screws which I don't think are on the guide. They are in the lower section. Can take pics later. Also if anyone needs pics let me know and I'll take em for you will dash is out. Glad I took out dash as found rust which wasn't able to see until dash was out. No wonder the carpets were soaked.

Oooof , the other money pit (above sig) gorgeous car .

Yes! more details on the mustang Design380?

Yes! more details on the mustang Design380?

Thanks chaps, I imported it from Texas in 2003 nice honest numbers matching car, small block V8 289cui 4 speed manual, didn't need for much but that didn't stop me pulling it apart (why do we do that!) and restoring which took 6 years, seem to find myself in the same situation again with the Corrado! couple of pics below:

mustang_web2.jpg

mustang_web1.jpg

mustang_web3.jpg

Cheers - Paul

I think some wee just came out. That's absolutely beautiful.

Funny, nearly spat me cuppa out at that comment! thank you kind sir.

More wee from me too ! . What a stunning car . Always been a fan of muscle cars . That V8 sound is awesome to say the least . You must be very proud of it .

oh no! that sounds well harsh. I felt miffed with a tiny bit of surface rust by heater matrix hole :(

41fc977d94354f7d667225e9e5f3d294.jpg2d0e5915a54fd59eb392ae059eb7c3b2.jpg

I thought the matrix had gone and that's why the carpets were wet turns out the matrix is fine and very possibly been changed before but. Then I notice a spot of rust in the bottom corner of the screen so removed the screen (which was cracked anyway) and found the above.

Your not wrong. Just goes to show no matter how clean it looks there is always something lurking to spoil the day. All thanks to half an inch of missed sealant round the top corner.

Your not wrong. Just goes to show no matter how clean it looks there is always something lurking to spoil the day. All thanks to half an inch of missed sealant round the top corner.

I was expecting the worst with mine as I didn't think the screen was very well fitted. It was OK as it goes but again good to know it's now sound :)

I'm so rubbish at taking pics!!!

But today I removed the heater box, split it and cleaned it out. I then cleaned up the directional flaps, the old foam was more or less dust. I lined them with sticky back felt and now the heater box with new matrix is back in place.

Next is to tidy up the wiring, route my Vdo gauge loom and begin replacing everything. Not too bad a job so far I'm taking my time doing it :)