KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

So true! Had to raise it up a bit though, too many country lanes with pot holes!

I've just returned from a long wkend down the north west of England on way back had a little play with a 928 gts nvn928 near Lake District shocked him I think when I left him 😜

Good on yer!! A youngster in the garage thought my Corrado was a 62 plate the other day! He'd never seen one before and thought it was a new VW model he hadn't seen! Sorry pal it's actually 21 years old!!

d5f17016b4ab7be6865edc0c2817b89d.jpgb32b56be4bf2aee2732d4c5f6182cad6.jpg

Got an Roof rack for my bike, fits nicely, not the best looking but better than the oem ones imo.

Looking great as ever.

Dont know if you've found the same or not, but my charging sockets dont really seem to charge the phone at all, even the 2.1A socket. That said the phone does beep when connected suggesting its working but the level is just the same, if not slightly lower after a drive. Any thoughts there?

Hey fla, remembered to look at how it charges, and it's charging fine, especially fast in the 2 amp slot...

Quick update..

Cars always dirty these days, living out in the countryside on filthy farm roads means washing it is a pointless exercise... More worryingly though it's eating through front wishbone bushes at an alarming rate, it's wrecking a power flex front bush in 3 months, turning it to jelly, has anyone else seen this before? Thinking of trying out TT or R32 bushes, can I do front and rear wishbone bushes? It's the fronts I'm only having problems with really but I'd like to see a change on both.

Probably all that torque and huge wheels :)

I'd stick the R32 / TT ones in, or the Vibratechnics ones. Both of those proved long lasting for me with all manner of power levels and wheel widths. The reason you state is why I've always swerved poly bushes. They're well known to suffer from abrasion problems. Well, in these cars at least.

hi Kip

sorry only just seen your post

I do about 30 miles a day on old battered country roads. I run KWV1's with their standard spring rate & have OE front wishbone bushes.

I have done nearly 30k miles on the current ones without an issue so something must be not right with the power flex ones

I did consider putting R32 ones in but the KW's can be pretty firm already & I wasn't sure if the R32's would increase that

Thanks for the replies chaps, I'm running Bilstein coilovers which are firm but not harsh (using 325lb springs in the front 275lb rear as per Kev's recommendations) it's got plenty of travel, simply because the roads are truly terrible on my commute across the new forest. So based on your replies I'm going to try TT front ones and standard new rear ones and see how I get on, if it's too harsh I'll go standard all round, and prey they last longer than the power flex ones. I think it might be the extra torque, never ate through them on the standard VR engine.

I've got a black leather interior to fit soon, bought from a chap on the forum, it's in good nick, but still need to get my recaros retrimmed to match. I've also got to say the projectors in the headlights have been a godsend this winter, one of my favourite mods. Other than the annoying wishbone bush appetite, the cars proved a great daily.

But for all its virtues, I'm a little bored with it now if I'm honest, I'd like to get something RWD, so I'm looking at this tomorrow, just 5 mins down the road..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/351520616506

Edited by KipVR

Just been to drive the Z4MC, chassis felt lovely and tight, steering was excellent, gearbox was really notchy, engine felt really flat though, not zingy like my 330's 3.0, very disappointed tbh, felt slower than the Corrado for sure, could have been the vanos wasn't working. Nice cabin.

I find BMW cabins very bland indeed. We have a 118d M-Sport, and although it has a bit of silver trim, its very plastic fantastic. Its really well put together, but I just think they've been exactly the same for about 15 years now.

Just been to drive the Z4MC, chassis felt lovely and tight, steering was excellent, gearbox was really notchy, engine felt really flat though, not zingy like my 330's 3.0, very disappointed tbh, felt slower than the Corrado for sure, could have been the vanos wasn't working. Nice cabin.

Sounds like my experience of an e46 m3, hated the manual box, found the engine noisy and whiney and felt it was just over-rated. Much prefer my 330i sport auto :shrug:

Might be worth you test driving another though, there is a nice looking red one in Wesr Sussex on pistonheads atm.

I'll have a look thanks for the heads up, there aren't many being advertised at the moment, certainly not in my budget anyway.

Maybe I should try the 3.0 as well, there's more space in the boot for the dog, and many people say it's almost as fast. Certainly more comfortable.

Replaced the water pump today and had to drain the system and collect all the bits that had come off the plastic impeller, why do they use plastic ffs 4617e8fb49bad46d925e22466cbe02c2.jpg

Replaced with metal circulo pump.

Blimey! Never had that happen to me. The TT bushes aren't harsh at all so you'll be fine with those.

I agree with you on the M3 / Z4. You need a lot of space to enjoy an old school n'asp M car because very little happens below 4000rpm.

I've seen quite a few plastic water pumps fail, with teeth breaking off but I still prefer a good quality plastic one to a metal one. If the bearing goes on a metal one it's going to do some serious damage compared to plastic!