KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Well finally got round to finishing off my lights, had to use a couple of changeover relays because the projector unit only has one filament in it, and the high beam is simply a shutter being moved..so now I've got 3 micro relays per side - low, high, and change...

Here's a pic from my driveway, what this doesn't show is just how good the sideways light dispersion is- it's awesome! Also the light is really even with a great cut off. In all its a massive improvement in lighting, a different league to the original ones with a loom. Well chuffed

fae24876d00e21b4778e29b1fea22e2b.jpg

2ffade77142aedb015030bc589f1cacb.jpg

1e74c5973b17c633796b0536700492cb.jpg

Edited by KipVR

I've got the high pressure pump for my washer bottle (mk1 golf diesel bottle I think) and the headlight motors (with manual adjustment at the moment), but I still haven't got the little potentiometer that fits to the rear beam, when I have one I'll fit it all in one go..

Seriously impressed with these lights! Having driven back from deepest Suffolk the other day and even with the uprated loom it was terrible so I'd love a more effective solution

It's well worth the effort Mic, just been out driving in it, and the lights are now fantastic.

Managed to knock my rear view mirror off when working on the sunroof and it took a divot of the glass with it, going to go to a windscreen place and see if they can glue it back on tomorrow. Whilst I like having the alarm led and the auto dimming function, I find the e46 rmirror too big for the Corrado, so I'm going to try and find something a bit narrower, maybe the oval M3 one would be better.

I found out pretty quickly that the e46 mirror fouls the passenger sun visor. Do you happen to know if either the 1 series or mini use the same attachment point? There are some good mirrors from those 2 cars and they don't command the 'M' money.

Here you go Sean. Just been out and snapped a couple of pics for you. Interested to hear about this.

DSC_0144_zpsoniz3hqz.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsofuydg8c.jpg

Does it have a rubber gasket between the plastics and the screen Sean? I wonder if they do it in a non windscreen wiper form? That would keep the plastic size down. I've changed my metal screen mount to a BMW version so hopefully they keep it the same between all their vehicles!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Thanks for the pics Sean, does the one series com without rain sensing wipers? I can remember looking into the options years ago and I went for the e46 one but I can't remember exactly why, but it might have been cause of the rain sensor.

Bugger, sorry guys I completely forgot. In Plymouth with the Corrado now so won't be back to the Bimmer til Saturday night. I'll check for you then Sean. kip, ours doesn't have rain sensing wipers, although I'm not sure if theyre all equipped with the function tbh? I'll get some dimensions if you like too.

been looking at these mirrors lately and the peugeot auto dim look quite small

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221626762821?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm just waiting for an answer from the seller for the width of it

amd they seem to be cheap :)

oops, link changed to be pug 307 mirror

Edited by rado20vT

Got some dimensions, all approximate.

The base is H90 x W70 x D40 increasing to 80mm at the bottom where it curves outward.

Mirror itself is H75 + 15 for the alarm light at the bottom x L230 x D38mm.

The screen is at quite a sharp angle like the corrado, and the bottom of the base to the flat face of the mirror is 100mm.

Sean, I couldn't see a gasket between the base and the screen, although there is a slight gap between the two so its possible. I didn't want to attempt to remove it as there's no obvious grub screw or anything so think it clips into place. Obviously don't want to try unless I have to for fear of breaking it!

If theres anything else you need let me know. :thumbleft:

Cheers mate, I was only seeing if there was a gasket as the standard screen masking on the Corrado is small and if that is the only shaped Base for the 1 series, I didn't want to be able to see into the case from outside of the car.

If for any reason you ever want to remove it. It's held on with a spring clip. SIMPLY rotate the body of the mirror 45 degrees anti clockwise and it should pop off. The plastic behind should be in 2 halves which should simply pop apart so you can access the plug.

Thanks for your help Sean, the windscreen guys managed to glue it back on again without much problem which is good. 20vt thanks for the link buddy, but I've put my E46 one back on for now!

5. USB charging points. I've got rid of the cigarette lighter and put USB socket in its place, so now if I'm charging something I don't hit the cable when I change gear

387a0b914633ad59c3d02cc5d49a6be8.jpg

Looking great as ever.

Dont know if you've found the same or not, but my charging sockets dont really seem to charge the phone at all, even the 2.1A socket. That said the phone does beep when connected suggesting its working but the level is just the same, if not slightly lower after a drive. Any thoughts there?

Not sure buddy though I must be honest I've not really plugged my phone in and looked at the levels, I'll check it out.

• Like 1