Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

Zed's Build Thread....

Very nice indeed, some serious effort with worthwhile results. Shame you got rid of the TT comps, one of my fave wheels for the C, which is why i've got them on mine :)

The TT comps went to Gav at the time and were put on his old red vr6 (now owned by Shaggy).

Im going to take the leather cleaner to the rest of the interior at the weekend and condition the fronts.

I like that pic too. That's "Wedge" next to Zed - my hubbys old vr (before he got his "wedge" status)

You know I was looking for a 'Zed build' thread a few months ago and could never find one! Now I know why :lol:

Awesome to see the build from when you got him as a shell, through to now with the creamy cream leather! Bloody good work Nik! Always liked him! 8)

You know I was looking for a 'Zed build' thread a few months ago and could never find one! Now I know why :lol:

Awesome to see the build from when you got him as a shell, through to now with the creamy cream leather! Bloody good work Nik! Always liked him! 8)

aw, thanks beigey :oops:

Decided to not dye the rest of it. It all looks fab as it is :)

Still on the look out for a beige sunroof surround seal though (the only part you cant actually dye to match! lol)

well, Ive now cracked the exhaust manifold so will be changing both of them just to be on the safe side plus the front and rear engine mounts and the radiator has seen better days.

always at christmas huh??..................typical......

well it cracked before xmas but ive already got some of the parts.

Im not annoyed or anything as I knew the mounts were on their way out and the radiator had seen better days-will just do it all in one go really.

well, Ive now cracked the exhaust manifold so will be changing both of them just to be on the safe side plus the front and rear engine mounts and the radiator has seen better days.

The hubby is swapping over the exhaust manifolds and front and rear engine mounts today for me. Also noticed that the downpipe was cracked too :lol: good thing we have a spare.

He may also have found out what was causing Zed to throw a fit starting when you have only driven for a short time-two of the maf wires are bare. He will get some tape on them and we will see if it's done the trick.

Shweeeet! I reckon you could prolly space them out a bit front and rear. It's surprising how much more obvious the flaring on the rear looks with the steels on. Brilliant winter wheels though. Gav said yesterday that the Schmorbets hadn't held up very well against the salty road of the past month. Gives you a chance to give them a quick DIY refurb though. Mine were looking shocking too.

Shweeeet! I reckon you could prolly space them out a bit front and rear. It's surprising how much more obvious the flaring on the rear looks with the steels on. Brilliant winter wheels though. Gav said yesterday that the Schmorbets hadn't held up very well against the salty road of the past month. Gives you a chance to give them a quick DIY refurb though. Mine were looking shocking too.

The rear already has 5mm spacers on! But yes, they need spacing put more :)

Wow... I love that car... think it's time I approached the bank man. for a car loan! Life without-Corrado is pretty crap!

aw, thank you :D

what do you think?

wow this car has seen some changes.. love the steelies, you going to get them banded??

thanks guys. I was going to get them banded so they were 7.5 at the front and 9 at the rear like the borbet a's but then realised I'm unlikely to have the money to do it anytime soon.