Abdul

A comeback is looming...

mmmm...shiney shiney....wanna see it all done....come on pull your finger out...haha

The whole cars been hit with Menzerna Intensive polish now, just going to go over a few bits with final finish as i have a few small swirls left. Then sealant and wax and PICS!

Im hoping to finish off the engine bay tidy up this weekend along with the inside of the arches. Need to try and unseize the coilys too so i can get it sitting lower!

Thanks for reading,

Abdul :D

Cant wait to see pictures, love your detailing shots, always look so fresh.

Nothing happening at the mo dude, just driving it and thats about it. Getting married around Feb so saving for that.

I haven't even finished detailing it lol, got busy with work and now i have a bit of time its bloody freezing!

Make a readers ride dude.

On a seperate note, i seem to be getting a good 25-30 mpg on average which i reckon is pretty good. MFA saw 36mpg the other day some how.

Abdul

Cornetist one, the g60 or he soon to be 1.8T?

Rather keep them to myself, people can enjoy them when I bring them out : )

Congratulations dude!!

Ollie

Both bro, just stick up a shed load of pics with your plans lol. I still don't know why you're getting rid of the G!!!

Thanks brother, i appreciate it... I think with the VR, im just trying to stay on top of maintenance, id rather not mod it untill i know i can properly ie. bare shell spray, proper rebuild etc.

Abdul

Well if the G isn't gone soon it will be undergoing a transformation!!

Engine out, bay smoothed and shaved all colour coded and back together again. Least then I can say we gave it a go at making what I think a Corrado should be like

Then there is the 1.8t to sort .........

Ollie

Feck the G, do the 1.8T lol. What brakes you got in mind? Oh and what you going to do sump wise?

Ha ok ok

Well wasn't sure what to do about that really, 1.8T sumps are quite low??

Could raise the engine on the mounts??

Ollie

Yeah but rado's have naff all bonnet clearance lol but you might get away with a 10mm spacer. I'm pretty sure awesome do shallow sumps too, after that it's sump guard and pray for the best lol.

Are the valvers leathers heated? If mine don't go soon I'm just going to furniture clinic them and try to source the loom and switches. It's bloody horrid to sit in ATM...

Righto, the VR's gone now for a few different reasons but the main ones are the fact that i just missed my old valver so decided to replicate it! lol

Anyway, the Vr's in good hands with Jake (swompy), here's his thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100813

A few pics of it the day before and on the day of the px...

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

24012011045.jpg

24012011047.jpg

Ok enough of that... Valver here now, not many pics tbh...

A few of it from Jake's thread (no badgeless grill now) and my smoked tail lamps from my old valver/vr are back on...

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

And a couple outside mine...

28012011061.jpg

29012011063.jpg

It will look like this again soon just to remind those who cant be arsed scrolling back a few pages!

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

No good pics of the car in general at the mo but i'll have some before and after shots when i start detailing it soon, it does need a repaint but then most corrado's do so thats on the to do soon list, need to buy a daily first as that was part of the point in swapping the valver to free up cash..

Right so i've bought a full grey leather interior which i'll tidy up a bit and put in for now, going to dye it later a different shade but thats later...

30012011074.jpg

Bought these doorpods/cards off Baz (bristolbaron) that once resided in Sukh's VRT showcar! Tbh, im not after the show at all, im more interested in the midbass responce... N yup im really into my sounds lol. They'll be getting dyed grey before going in...

29012011069.jpg

I've also been playing with paint finishes lately and thought i may aswell replicate the crackle black wheels i had on my mk3 (also a few pages back)...

So far all the badges are getting the treatment as is my 50mm splitter which will be going on soon.

Sneak preview:

29012011067.jpg

Oh and i need to refit my projector headlamps and hit the car with the lowering stick as its sitting with some reverse rake at the mo which doesn't help the wheel spin issue either.

Engine wise Jake had KR cams put on and the ecu mapped by DG... I've got plans but im not sharing them right now lol.

Next update in a few weeks once all the above is on/in. Maybe some new wheels too.

Thanks for reading,

Abdul

Righto, the VR's gone now for a few different reasons but the main ones are the fact that i just missed my old valver so decided to replicate it! lol

Anyway, the Vr's in good hands with Jake (swompy), here's his thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100813

A few pics of it the day before and on the day of the px...

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

24012011045.jpg

24012011047.jpg

Ok enough of that... Valver here now, not many pics tbh...

A few of it from Jake's thread (no badgeless grill now) and my smoked tail lamps from my old valver/vr are back on...

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

And a couple outside mine...

28012011061.jpg

29012011063.jpg

It will look like this again soon just to remind those who cant be arsed scrolling back a few pages!

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

No good pics of the car in general at the mo but i'll have some before and after shots when i start detailing it soon, it does need a repaint but then most corrado's do so thats on the to do soon list, need to buy a daily first as that was part of the point in swapping the valver to free up cash..

Right so i've bought a full grey leather interior which i'll tidy up a bit and put in for now, going to dye it later a different shade but thats later...

30012011074.jpg

Bought these doorpods/cards off Baz (bristolbaron) that once resided in Sukh's VRT showcar! Tbh, im not after the show at all, im more interested in the midbass responce... N yup im really into my sounds lol. They'll be getting dyed grey before going in...

29012011069.jpg

I've also been playing with paint finishes lately and thought i may aswell replicate the crackle black wheels i had on my mk3 (also a few pages back)...

So far all the badges are getting the treatment as is my 50mm splitter which will be going on soon. Got a spare inlet and rocker i'm going to do to...

Sneak preview:

29012011067.jpg

Oh and i need to refit my projector headlamps and hit the car with the lowering stick as its sitting with some reverse rake at the mo which doesn't help the wheel spin issue either.

Engine wise Jake had KR cams put on and the ecu mapped by DG... I've got plans but im not sharing them right now lol.

Next update in a few weeks once all the above is on/in. Maybe some new wheels too.

Thanks for reading,

Abdul

Hey Adam, thanks mate appreciate it. This time i'm going to take my sweet time and do things right how i want it the first time!

All being well it should look pretty well in a few weeks...

Did you sell the E36? Lovely car that was!

No mate, a speight of overtime has seen some AP coils and some Style 5's (BBS RC090's) land in my lounge with the bodyshop being sourced this week, thought i would keep it for a while longer!

Buy those Brocks back off Ollie!!! Hahaha!

I might just do that lol. I do fancy some mesh wheels though and i don't want it the exact same as before...

Are the style 5's staggered yeah? If so, you're onto a winner buddy! Just get rid of the spoiler imo, get a thread up for it!

Looking good mate, was sad to see if go but know its gone to a good home.

Liking the plans for it so far :D

Will be watching this thread like a hawk :lol:

Looking good mate, was sad to see if go but know its gone to a good home.

Liking the plans for it so far :D

Will be watching this thread like a hawk :lol:

Likewise buddy :lol:

Ice Grey Violet rulez.

Welcome back Abdul!

8)

Cheers mate, it does indeed... 8)

I went to Auto torque/torque exhausts today who i've been using since my 1st rado. The valvers exhaust is blowing just after the cat and the backbox is pretty much ruined so booked in to get a cat back fitted on tuesday but with only one box as the car will no longer be a daily driver after may so i can live with the noise in the mean time... :grin:

Edited by Abdul

Looks great! Still miss my valver :( Will check back to this thread regularly :salute:

Nick

Looks great! Still miss my valver :( Will check back to this thread regularly :salute:

Nick

Thanks buddy, there will be some nice changes over the next few weeks so keep an eye out!

Sorry to read about the little niggles with it mate, never noticed it myself :brickwall:

Sorry to read about the little niggles with it mate, never noticed it myself :brickwall:

No worries, im sure you'll find some evil lurking around the vr lol. :eek:

No worries, im sure you'll find some evil lurking around the vr lol. :eek:

Its a Corrado so its inevitable :lol:

Righto, so been racking up the miles, want a new clutch and lightened flywheel but not sure which clutch to go for....

Went cadburys world last week with the mrs and managed this...

02022011105.jpg

I was sitting at 70 though as the roads were bumpy and the coilys are super stiff and she gets motion sickness lol.

New exhaust happened yesterday...

Got to Torque exhaust/Auto torque as they're now known in enfield (my usual) to find this in need of repair, they do pretty much everything here...

04022011111.jpg

It needed a new dash due to airbags which to my delight meant 911 turbo dash for me to buy in case of future dash conversions but they'd already toss'd it lol.

Anyway, my tips were fabb'd up

08022011118.jpg

Was going to go catback but Jake had already got rid of one of the silencers so decided to go from there backwards, less shiny but who cares lol.

08022011122.jpg

Last bit of welding...

08022011121.jpg

And voila... (yes i did forget to take more pics)

08022011123.jpg

It's a one box 2 inch system, quite noisy tbh but it won't be a daily in a few months and its quiet at 60-70mph so im happy, sounds nice and raspy too when you give it the beans...

More pics soon, stance work tommorow lol.

Sorry for the seperate posts... lol

Edited by Abdul