Fanjita

1993 Dark Burgundy Pearl R32 290.8 BHP!

Great stuff.

Out of interest what is a 250-300bhp corrado's 0-60 time? 5.x I assume or maybe sub 5???

Great stuff.

Out of interest what is a 250-300bhp corrado's 0-60 time? 5.x I assume or maybe sub 5???

I doubt it mate! I think it's incredibly difficult to get a fwd car sub 5! I suspect it may be mid 5s, never measured it....

That is absolutely fantastic power output, would be over the moon if I saw those figures from mine.

Out of interest did you sort that slight hesitation? Mine seems to be doing it while cruising at low revs (havnt got a tacho yet so don't know rpm), like you say it's like being on and off throttle causing a mild kangaroo effect.

Also what rpm converter are you using?

Vince was very surprised by it. He said he had to do a couple of runs as he did a 'double take'!

But yeah, he gave me the impression this isn't a common occurrence, and given that, I wouldn't be able to find another one like it down the line!

Still not sorted, going to do a process of elimination soon (with a friend helping with his own conversion that doesn't do it!)

Can m8, very good one mate! Just phone them and ask them for an analogue rpm converter.

great stuff.. good to see this still going strong!

Did vince just map the car or tweak anything else?

Are you still happy with the loom work swict did? I'm about to commit to buying OEM ecu etc for mine and need to contact Mark about dropping it all off to do the conversion stuff. Happy with the bits he did before, but wasn't full conversion that time, just tidying the mess caused by the others!

great stuff.. good to see this still going strong!

Did vince just map the car or tweak anything else?

Are you still happy with the loom work swict did? I'm about to commit to buying OEM ecu etc for mine and need to contact Mark about dropping it all off to do the conversion stuff. Happy with the bits he did before, but wasn't full conversion that time, just tidying the mess caused by the others!

To be honest Bristol, I'm a bit annoyed at swict... Mark caused me this mess in the first place!

I have contacted him and didn't seem to really get a resolution from him. Vince was the one that really sorted things. I would just get him to do the wiring.

good stuff!, "it didnt sell" funny how things work out, i bet if you tried to sell it now it wouldnt be a problem ;) whats your plans for it?

good stuff!, "it didnt sell" funny how things work out, i bet if you tried to sell it now it wouldnt be a problem ;) whats your plans for it?

This is very true!

I will keep it with me at my new home, and see how it goes.... I will be commuting in it, so there's that!

Are you based in Coventry now then? Where abouts? I live / work in Coventry too so will be looking out for you :)

Are you based in Coventry now then? Where abouts? I live / work in Coventry too so will be looking out for you :)

I am Jim!

Live in the north part by the ricoh, work at Coventry airport mon/Tues and Stratford the rest!

Will keep my eyes peeled for you! Rare I use the Corrado at the moment due to it needing a bunch of work doing, and having no money but if you see someone flashing their lights at you in a red Fiesta ST then you know who it is :) I'm in the Earlsdon / Tile Hill area.

To be honest Bristol, I'm a bit annoyed at swict... Mark caused me this mess in the first place!

I have contacted him and didn't seem to really get a resolution from him. Vince was the one that really sorted things. I would just get him to do the wiring.

Ergh.. Not what I wanted to hear! I'll get on the phone to Vince, just a lot more work trailering up there!

Cheers

Baz

Ergh.. Not what I wanted to hear! I'll get on the phone to Vince, just a lot more work trailering up there!

Cheers

Baz

If Mark actually works on the car itself, then maybe it will work out of the box. The issues I've had were completely avoidable had he have done the wiring properly.

It got to the point where I actually got the wiring diagrams and rewired my lambda sensors, which were all wrong. Maybe it was lost in communication (wired it for a mk4 when mine is a mk5).

There were other issues too. He might be alright now mate!

So about a week ago, I left the corrado parked outside. On my return it had decided to create a nice big puddle of brake fluid under the rear offside wheel.

Going to take the leap and upgrade to mk4 calipers.

Also my offside dipped and full beams have stopped working. I have the relay kit, is this likely to be at fault?

you've just gotta love the grunt of an R!!! very nice! but nothing sounds like a VR with lumpy cam and big valves! makes the hairs on your neck stand up...

It is very good! But yeah, nothing like an induction roar you get from the 12v...Sometimes you hear the 24v really open the taps fully and you get that roar! But then it doesn't last long, the ecu hardly ever allows WoT :(

Well,

That's all done! Mk4 brakes on, brake lines the usual challenge!

239c8d697adab81e0711c32b016184f5.jpg

Then I found this, evidence of water damage. For the second time! Needless to say I've cleaned it up and stuck my ecu in a plastic bag!

Pretty certain this was causing my pedal dropouts.

3e4cec7cc866e55bf909a7b95385f879.jpg

How much of the black sticky sealer is left around where the two halves of the ECU case go together?

I have some more of that sealant if you need some.

"pedal drop outs" i had a problem with my pedal intermittently cutting out after a set time, only way to make it work again was to switch engine off and it would work for a short period again but that period was dramatically reduced the more you restarted, , i hooked up the mk4 brake and clutch switch to ecu and that sorted that,