V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

Glad you couldn't let Huw go, the rado is a hard car to replace and most owners who sell seem to buy another one six months later!

Those cups have a big lip on them so a chrome edge will stand out nicely, i had lepson's do my rx2's in light anthracite but they do a darker shade of it so worth checking out.

When i was there last they had a set of bmw wheels in what i can only describe as a high polish titainium had almost a petrol on water quality to it looked very smart.

I know, feel really bad contemplating it!! Must have been partly due to the Winter months though and a couple of niggles that I need to get sorted owwwwt.

Yeh I know, that's what I'm after really. Was down Lepson's earlier today and the only method would be to have it diamond cut - they don't offer any polishing service and for obvious reasons u can't really powder coat a 1 piece wheel 2 colours....

Nice any pix mate? Actually saw ur 'rado yday at that pub near Bowood, around 9-10am ;) What shade of lamin-x is on ur headlights, is it the gunsmoke?

Liking the idea of the high polish titanium mate, I want the lips to shine, but have the centres darker. Or the whole wheel a dark shiney colour....

It's a regular fixture up there if you fancy an easy rado spot. The lamin-x I think is gun smoke it the darkest one they do have spare fogs to alternate the colours.

I think my thread has a picture of the light anthracite if not I will try and post one later. I originally wanted a kind of dark anodised effect but i think it would be hard to replicate in paint and i don't think anodising is tough enough for car wheels.

Just a quick photo at my mates garage before I took the rims off, they're off to be re-furbed tomorrow - gonna try and get them done all in a dark chrome effect if poss!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54797[/ATTACH]

I think we all go through that at some stage. Huw certainly does look good :D

Looks really good on the RHs. Look forward to seeing how they turn out. Think I'll get mine returned by lepsons soon too.

Thanks guys - wheels went in today, having them done in a very bright smoked chrome, should be picking them up nxt fri :D

Looks sick man! What's the spec of the new rims?

Thanks buddy!! They're 16 x 7.5's, et53 or something, came with adapters that are 30mm, need to get hold of some 20 or even 25's I reckon. Had to raise the back quite a bit in order for them not to rub, but a nice 5 or 10mm tuck should mean they clear the arches nicely :)

Just a quick photo at my mates garage before I took the rims off, they're off to be re-furbed tomorrow - gonna try and get them done all in a dark chrome effect if poss!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54797[/ATTACH]

The stance here looks spot on! Is that with the back raised?

Yeh it looks pretty good I reckon, that's with the back raised yeh man! Needs to go up a bit more tho, in the process of trying to source some thinner adapters and play around, pain in tje arse tho they're RH specific!

Nice Corrado mate, love the RH cups. :thumbleft:

PS: Just found some of the fitting adapters here for ya > http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=147974 There may be cheaper/more readily available ones somewhere, that was just a quick search.

Edit: Ah you're after thinner ones. Doh! Can't remember what size I got with the 9x14's...May have a check when I'm next up at the unit just for info.

Neil.

Good to hear you decided not to sell! Looking good and be interesting to see how the RHs look when you get them back... bet you can't wait! :)

Nice Corrado mate, love the RH cups. :thumbleft:

PS: Just found some of the fitting adapters here for ya > http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=147974 There may be cheaper/more readily available ones somewhere, that was just a quick search.

Edit: Ah you're after thinner ones. Doh! Can't remember what size I got with the 9x14's...May have a check when I'm next up at the unit just for info.

Neil.

In fact, they do actually have the 5x112 to 5x100 in 20mm :thumbleft:

In fact, they do actually have the 5x112 to 5x100 in 20mm :thumbleft:

Thanks mate! Had actually found that site, I'm waiting for a few people to get back to me from eBay.de, I can get 4 brand new ones for 200 Euros, or 4 used for 150. $105 for each adapter plus shipping is a bit more expensive than I can afford :(

---------- Post added at 7:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:50 AM ----------

Good to hear you decided not to sell! Looking good and be interesting to see how the RHs look when you get them back... bet you can't wait! :)

Rh's look cool mate, ride height looks good too.

Thanks guys! Yup, counting down the days til Friday :D

Right then got the wheels back from refurb back 2 weeks ago, absolutely chuffed with the finish!! :clap:

Fitted them same day, but unfortunately was still rubbing after raising it so I've been waiting for my 20mm adapters to arrive from ze German ebay. They arrived 2days ago and everything was fine, 1 pair looked same condition as the ones I have with the wheels, another pair looked almost new - awesome u'd think!! Then under closer inspection noticed they are cheap imitations, even though they've been stamped with the same product number as the original RH ones! :scratch: I'll let the pictures doing the talking, I'm sh:eek:cked this guy has sent me this one pair to be honest as they're shagged beyond belief and a danger!! Some insane fractures plus there's pix showing how warped they are from over-tightening I guess, they're not very straight at all!!!!! Plus the difference in how much metal the bolt has to hold it secure is laughable compared to the original!

So anyways fitted the original pair of 20mm's onto the rears and it is perfect, lowered it a few turns but not as much as I'd raised it, clears the arch nicely now. :thumbleft: The fronts weren't a problem so will wait til I find another decent set of 20mm's on German eBay to fit them. Been talking to my mate who used to panel beat for the local VW funnily enough so come this summer gonna get him to roll the rears and get a local guy to paint the rear arches, bumper and hopefully blend it into the rest - anyone have any experience of similar paint work with a rough price?

Next up is to get a shopping list consisting of gaskets to get my polished inlet on, some track rods for the subframe re-furb and a mk2 diesel gearbox mount, plus some general air and fuel intake refreshment and cleaning, and some wire wrapping.

Anyways, pix of the wheels when I picked 'em up, and compared to the 5th spare rim I got with the set (this was the best condition one I kept btw, others weren't too pretty), a pic of it with the 30mm spacers on the back at my mates workshop, some pix of the wheels on with 20mm spacers on the back u can see the difference!! (Car is absolutely filthy btw!!) and finally some pix of the extreme damage to one of the adapters sent :eek:

Looks superb mate! But damn, you need some money back for those spacers, you definitely can't be using those.

Thanks guys! Yeh Neil, those adapters are crazy bad!! Just trying to get a response off the guy atm, translating everything into German that's actually understandable is a nightmare! :(

Yeh mate used Lepson's in the end, the whole wheel was powdercoated a very bright dark chrome :)

Alright Andy! Been a while mate, how u been? Thanks just awaiting another decent set of adapters now, unbelievable indeed!! Funny thing is it took him less than an hr to respond when I was obtaining his banks details, now it takes him over 2days to reply!!