Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Anyone made their own switchblade key with an OE immobiliser

Thanks exturbo2003.

Any idea WHERE I can get my switchblade key reprogrammed to activate my Logic 900 Alarm ?

Dealers quoted £40 to reprogram but I assumed that was for the transponder programming.

the new switchblade can be programmed to your old immobiliser

basically the new rolling code transponders will also do the old non rolling but not the other way round

work charges half hour to recode

you can do this with vagcom but you need a code from milten keynes and it only works for one day

there is a date code in your brain which changes daily so part of the code does, its a mathmatical calculation of chassis number, immobiliser no and date

The vag-com thing you mention - isn't that the procedure you use to re-programme the immob to work with new keys (which as far as I know you can't do to the Corrado's immob).

But you reckon you can programme the transponder in the switchblade to emulate an old non-rolling code Corrado one? Sounds promising...

Brookescourt: I have a contact within Audi and he mentioned a box of them in his office ... I'll see how much they are gonna go for ...

as far as i know its only cliffords that can be programmed to activate and disarm via the VW remote :cry:

Do tell more!! So you can reprogram the switchblade key to operate, say a Clifford Concept XXX alarm for example?

If you can, then I'm ordering a brand spanking new Transporter key :lol:

On a slightly different, but related note, I had a new standard key cut yesterday at VW and you won't believe the difference a bit of grease in the lock barrels and a new key can make!

K

On a slightly different, but related note, I had a new standard key cut yesterday at VW and you won't believe the difference a bit of grease in the lock barrels and a new key can make!

you use your lock barrels and key to enter the car????

"... you won't believe the difference a bit of grease in the lock barrels and a new key can make!"

I think he may have been referring to the ignition lock

you use your lock barrels and key to enter the car????

Its true, I've actually witnessed him walking up to the side of the car and putting a key into the door handle and turning it, fairly unbelievable i know but why would i make such a thing up??

Any more info available about reprogramming a switchblade key to operate Clifford alarms??

There are a few of us on here with a Clifford who might be extremely interested in a switchblade key if it is possible.

Did anyone find out about using the switchblade with a Clifford alarm? Would love to have a flip key thingy and my clifford working from the buttons on the remote.

Sorry to dredge this thread up but it sounds like a pretty awesome little mod. Has anyone actually managed to get it working?

I have the standard C blade machined into a three button flick key and was just thinking about butchering an autowatch fob (they are v.small) to get the internals in there. If I can just get a clifford alarm and programme the VW key to it, I'd be a very happy bunny! 8)

my effort :)

I didn't do the weird hook thing on the end, instead I made it the same as the original, with a groove to seat the securing pin in, using a dremel.

all went very smooth, and took me 5 mins :)

what do you think?

flipkep1.jpg

flipkey2.jpg

flipkey3.jpg

main bugbear is getting it reprogramming the fob to work with Clifford alarms :(

gimme the bits and its no problem mate :)

the programming is supposed to be easy

ummmz, I only took pics afterwards, and it'll be a c*nt to get apart again :(

I'll do my best :)

['H3R4POR]gimme the bits and its no problem mate :)

the programming is supposed to be easy

does that mean you havent programmed yours yet?