Sign in to follow this  
big ben

vr6 rotrex charger questions

As long as it's a C30 model charger and not a bigger model like C34 then it will fit the bracket as they are all the same casing, just different internals.

I'll need to weigh up my options first mate see what the best thing to do is, I'd be happy to just get shot of it as quick as really as it's just been sat in the garage for so long. See what TTS say, tell them you have an SP30-74 which seized up (bearings gone) and are looking to upgrade to a C30-94 and see what they offer you.

yeah ok mate, will ring them this afternoon and let you know...

herisites you've got weitecs havent you ? ......seen in other posts......do you think putting a supercharger on requires suspension upgrades or will standard be ok ?

I have yeah. It's not necessary, but imo it's best to prepare the car for more power so I renewed as much as possible. Coilovers aren't necessary unless you want a lower, better handling car which is what I wanted.

....not sure why but I cant PM you Herisites :scratch: !!!

what do you think of the weitecs ? - sorry off topic but Big Ben said he was cool with it.

is that the bracket for the rotrex i take it karl??

yeah i think i will be on here asking the odd question, like where do i find the engine haha :D

Have a word with Joni re bkts - he's recently hit & resolved all the probs with them.

The issue's I had were as follows:

Head need's a great chunk grinding out as you probably know.

The hole for the tensioner pulley was not quite in the right place.

One of the mounting holes was not quite in the right place.

The locating pin was a shade too long.

I also needed to cut a few screws down.

So the equipment you will require is:

Lathe.

Milling machine.

Grinder.

stupid question probly, but did you do the work on a bench or in the car? i was under the impression you did it all with the bonnet up?? dont know a lot do i haha

i think im goin to have to rent a lock up garage for 6 months, have a rebuild and fit a rotrex etc at same time...

ok, just come off the phone to TTS, he reckons i should just throw the SP series in the bin?? rekons cant get parts and wont part ex....

He also says i will need all the oil resevoir and filter etc, as debris could be in the system and it would be contaminated... what do you guys think???

£1420 plus VAT for the kit off them, its $2095 from the US, which works out say £1300 at the min, plus delivery etc...

Need to know what you guys think, is he trying to sell kit, or should i just buy the kit for piece of mind???

herisites you've got weitecs havent you ? ......seen in other posts......do you think putting a supercharger on requires suspension upgrades or will standard be ok ?

I have yeah. It's not necessary, but imo it's best to prepare the car for more power so I renewed as much as possible. Coilovers aren't necessary unless you want a lower, better handling car which is what I wanted.

....not sure why but I cant PM you Herisites :scratch: !!!

what do you think of the weitecs ? - sorry off topic but Big Ben said he was cool with it.[/quote:12nld138]

The Weitec's are good if you don't want to spend a lot of money, better than buying cheap brands at least as they are owned by KW so you get good quality. For example the threads are coated so they don't rust up like cheap models will. I got the Hicon GT's which are only height adjustable, I wish now I had spent that little extra and gone for the adjustable ones (think they are TX's) as could have made them tad more comfortable, but then when I got mine I had my wide wheels on which caught the arches so needed firm ride plus the roads where I used to live weren't that bad. Where I am now the roads are appauling and the Weitec's are just too crashy for me (400lb front springs!).

Generally they are good quality and reliable but my 2 front shocks are both slightly leaking fluid, I discovered the other week when installing my MED top mounts. I think that's purely down to where I live and the roads I take to work (bad condition town roads and very bumpy country roads) and the fact that these are designed for german roads (nice and smooth!).

When I come to replace them I will be doing it properly and getting some KW V3's, fully adjustable, comfortable and better quality! But you pay for it.

I got the Hicon GT's aswell......I will be fitting them in the next few weeks.

I had heard they were a bit hard/crashy, oh well see how I go once there on I suppose.

Leaking already isnt good, how long had you had them for when they started ?

I had heard they were a bit hard/crashy, oh well see how I go once there on I suppose.

They're not too bad in London...obviously what wheels you are running also will affect the crashiness. I've never had a complaint with them round town, they have kept up with a 911 hoofing round the Wandsworth 1-way system, but in the faster corners - 60 and above I find they induce a bit more body roll than I'd like.

Overall, they are a great medium priced set of coillies.

You live quite near me don't you Danny B? (crystal palace) If you want to take mine for a test run round my way you're quite welcome.

They're not too bad in London...obviously what wheels you are running also will affect the crashiness. I've never had a complaint with them round town, they have kept up with a 911 hoofing round the Wandsworth 1-way system, but in the faster corners - 60 and above I find they induce a bit more body roll than I'd like.

Overall, they are a great medium priced set of coillies.

You live quite near me don't you Danny B? (crystal palace) If you want to take mine for a test run round my way you're quite welcome.[/quote:7iyk2rak]

......Yeah I live in West Dulwich 'Darling' :camp: , the roads around here are dreadfull but I dont use the car much really so not too worried, also running standard speedlines which should help ride I'm thinking.

Mite take you up on the offer of a test drive, I will drop you a PM.

I have had them on for about 2 and a half years and by the look of it have not been leaking for long!

I have had them on for about 2 and a half years and by the look of it have not been leaking for long!

I think thats a bit pants really, I know there not the most expensive units but they still aint cheap :?

I think thats a bit pants really, I know there not the most expensive units but they still aint cheap :?[/quote:15wf61sq]

Yeah I'm not terribly impressed either. The Weitecs only have 2 year warranty whereas KW's have lifetime so even though Weitec are owned by KW it's pretty obvious they aren't the same, regardless of how many people keep saying they are at the end of the day.

stupid question probly, but did you do the work on a bench or in the car? i was under the impression you did it all with the bonnet up?? dont know a lot do i haha

i think im goin to have to rent a lock up garage for 6 months, have a rebuild and fit a rotrex etc at same time...

I did all the work in my garage, it is quite big though. I got the bracket modified by the machinist at work in his dinner hour, I now owe him a few pints!

And I rebuilt the head on a bench I have in the garage, but basically I've done all the work with the bonnet up. Removing the sump is fun when it's inches above your face.

I did all the work in my garage, it is quite big though. I got the bracket modified by the machinist at work in his dinner hour, I now owe him a few pints!

And I rebuilt the head on a bench I have in the garage, but basically I've done all the work with the bonnet up. Removing the sump is fun when it's inches above your face.

ahh ok, thanks for the "heads up" haha...sorry couldnt help it!! have to see what happens, my car is in the bodyshop and looks like its been dragged out of a river and used as the shop dustbin!! going to be a few weeks yet before i decide how im going to deal with it...