Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

How Much?

What d'ya reckon a late black valver is worth? Its in mint condition, low mileage (sub 100k), full VW history (last serviced in Jan) low owners, recaro interior, all electrics work, taxed and tested.

So, what do you lot reckon is a realistic value in the current market?

Jesus, now the Mods are asking stupid ambigious questions :roll: :lol:

OK, What reg is it, what mileage is it, is it 1.8 or 2.0 16V..... jesus christ man, pretty basic info!!

And you know full well it's only worth around £1500, so why ask?

Jesus, now the Mods are asking stupid ambigious questions :roll: :lol:

OK, What reg is it, what mileage is it, is it 1.8 or 2.0 16V..... jesus christ man, pretty basic info!!

And you know full well it's only worth around £1500, so why ask?

Here we go again, whats your problem now you moaning old feck? :tongue: :lol:

Read the post again, all the info is there :wave:

Fifteen hundred? It may be minty fresh, but even VRs are struggling to go for over 2.5k atm.

Personally I think we're keeping the valver prices artificially high. If people want to pay that they will, but I wouldn't. After all it is a 16 year old 2.0 and I paid 1100 for an absolutely perfect H reg about 3 years ago.

What d'ya reckon a late black valver is worth?

What a buyer is willing to pay for it...

And i'm trying to establish that figure, by asking a group of people that have an interest in the market? :confused:

I'm really starting to wonder why the hell I bother.

What d'ya reckon a late black valver is worth?

What a buyer is willing to pay for it...

And i'm trying to establish that figure, by asking a group of people that have an interest in the market? :|

I'm really starting to wonder why the hell I bother.

Yeah why you bothering LOL :wink:

I would like to revise my previous valuation to £1.8 to £2k :grin:

I'd say more - £3-3.5 if it really is Mint.

Recaro cloth, low miles and low owners are rare these days and full VAGsh too!!

It's true Corrado's don't go for much now but there are some real dogs out there - good once are worth more than they were a couple of years ago IMO.

It's true Corrado's don't go for much now but there are some real dogs out there - good once are worth more than they were a couple of years ago IMO.

Yeah I agree, I think people see dogs going for next to nothing and assume ALL corrado's aren't worth much. If it a good example with all the goodies then there's no reason why you shouldn't ask for good money for it!

C'mon Walesy you of all people should KNOW what its worth,you have done a bit of part time car trading in the past afterall,maybe I'm hitting wide of the mark here but its sounding like something that you have just picked up and are wanting to get a feel what enthusiasts will pay before marking the price up

apologies if this is not the case but to me it sounds too much like a FEELER for sale more than a genuine enquiry

If that's true ^^^^ Excellent! Mine just jumped in value by about £1.5K then! :clap:

Walesy... can ask what they want.. will probably get £1.5k, max, I'm afraid... there's a lot more car out there for £3-3.5k these days... VAG or otherwise, and the 16v is always seen as the "poor relation" of the VR/G60... how many times do I gat asked if it's a VR (even with a 16v badge on it!)

Forgot about the Recaros Im back up to £2k! :grin:

At the end of the day valvers should make quite good money at the moment really. People want mpg over power, hence wht VR prices are so low.

What the hell is wrong with you lot? 3.5k? You're all mental. No way is it worth that much, doesn't matter if its got recaros and good bodywork. Its still an old banger at the end of the day, and its only a proper proper enthusiast who wants a trailer queen that would consider paying that much. Would you pay 3.5k for a mint 94 Civic with nice seats? No.

So stop dreaming and get realistic, have you seen the state of the car market at the moment? :cuckoo: :grin:

C'mon Walesy you of all people should KNOW what its worth,you have done a bit of part time car trading in the past afterall,maybe I'm hitting wide of the mark here but its sounding like something that you have just picked up and are wanting to get a feel what enthusiasts will pay before marking the price up

apologies if this is not the case but to me it sounds too much like a FEELER for sale more than a genuine enquiry

Yeah, yeah got me, caught me red handed.

Offers by PM only.

Cheers.

Sorry Walesy but :lol: what did you expect from this mob? You should know by now never to ask a simple, honest question :grin:

Anyway, sounds like a nice motor - get yourself back into the fold matey.

Sorry Walesy but :lol: You should know by now never to ask a simple, honest question

Well I did laugh myself tbh, A 'stupid ambiguous question' appartently! :lol: - either that or i'm trying to punt a car out on here at a raise, by bending the rules? Jesus! :lol:

Its obviously a difficult one to value as you can see from the answers in this thread! £1500 to £3500!! :lol:

I'm going to look at it either later on or tomorrow evening, I dont mind paying over the odds if its a genuinely nice example but i'm not paying anywhere near £3k for a valver!

I've got no pics mate, theres none on the add :)

Booo

Oh well good luck with it. Sounds nice.

Give us all a report on what you think it is worth tomorrow :wink:

Sorry Walesy but :lol: You should know by now never to ask a simple, honest question

Well I did laugh myself tbh, A 'stupid ambiguous question' appartently! :lol: - either that or i'm trying to punt a car out on here at a raise, by bending the rules? Jesus! :lol:

Its obviously a difficult one to value as you can see from the answers in this thread! £1500 to £3500!! :lol:

I'm going to look at it either later on or tomorrow evening, I dont mind paying over the odds if its a genuinely nice example but i'm not paying anywhere near £3k for a valver!

Get it for £800 and seel the Recaros.. free car! :nuts: