Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Has anyone else led underneath their car while running?

Tonight after fitting injectors I was lying under the car with the engine running, listening out for a funny noise I can just hear.

Has anyone else done this? How about pressing your ear up to the sump and gearbox? Ever been surprised by the funny noises, and how loud things seem?

Am I just over thinking and worrying myself about things that aren't really an issue?

Tonight after fitting injectors I was lying under the car with the engine running, listening out for a funny noise I can just hear.

Has anyone else done this? How about pressing your ear up to the sump and gearbox? Ever been surprised by the funny noises, and how loud things seem?

Am I just over thinking and worrying myself about things that aren't really an issue?

dude.

You can get cheap flights this time of year.Holiday might be a good idea. :lol: :lol:

While laying under the car, you didn't happen to inhale a lot of exhaust fumes did you Tom?

I think I'm just wavering on the precipice.

:cuckoo:

Just wondering if anyone was a bit too anal, like me, and sat listening to things. :tongue:

nowt wrong with that at all mate, agree with supercharged, there's plenty of old skool mechanic's use their ear's and a stethoscope to anticipate and diagnose problems :)

i did spend some quality time under mine a while ago with the engine running looking for an oil leak.

Not broke out the stethoscope yet though.

Doctors and nurses with my g60.hmm.

I think my girlfriend would draw the line at that.

This made me LOL after spending all day under my C today replacing the power steering pump and a rear caliper etc. But seriously Toad you have got to get out more!

This is the best post ever :lol: You're my hero!

But seriously Toad you have got to get out more!

You've obviously not 'had the pleasure'... I really don't think we want to let the Toad get out more than he currently does!

But seriously Toad you have got to get out more!

You've obviously not 'had the pleasure'... I really don't think we want to let the Toad get out more than he currently does!

Coooooeeeeeeee!

Bled, sworn, broken things, sworn some more, thrown tools. I've done it all. But I've never led before either. I've certainly never led under a car whilst running. I don't like running. It makes me feel like I'm going to die. :lol:

Just so you know Tom, YouTube pulled that video of you that I uploaded and sent me a formal warning for posting offensive content. I was torn between being annoyed at their lameness, and the hilariousness of it all!

I just used a big screwdriver, tip pressed onto the top of the engine or the block, handle to your ear,

you hear some mad noises doing that, sounds like it's running with no oil in at all :)

I just used a big screwdriver, tip pressed onto the top of the engine or the block, handle to your ear,

you hear some mad noises doing that, sounds like it's running with no oil in at all :)

I was just going to suggest that....

Just so you know Tom, YouTube pulled that video of you that I uploaded and sent me a formal warning for posting offensive content. I was torn between being annoyed at their lameness, and the hilariousness of it all!

HAHAHAHAHA. "Morning". :lol:

I was just going to suggest that....

Yes, I can imagine that... I think that would push me too far. :cuckoo: