Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

Why do people remove mirrors

I found a lot of this recently, I do use ed38 and enjoy the efforts and time people spend on show cars. But, why remove the mirrors from a C, looks pants. I think the mirrors make the car look awesome especially from from on.

example

102_1611.jpg

It does look daft imo, however I think the original mirror glass is about as much use as no mirrors at all, absolutely dangerously bad.

however I think the original mirror glass is about as much use as no mirrors at all, absolutely dangerously bad.

:confused4: What do you mean? Do you mean the water getting behind the glass issue you can have, or something else?

Who ever owns that has taken, piece by piece, all of the good things about a Corrado's styling away....

Each to their own but that is mighty Fugly imho....... Being different for the sake of it....

Agreed, it looks awful! If TVR think Corrado mirrors are good enough for some of their cars then they're good enough for the Corrado :)

Agreed, it looks awful! If TVR think Corrado mirrors are good enough for some of their cars then they're good enough for the Corrado :)

and lister storm and mclaren f1

Why do people remove mirrors

102_1611.jpg

Because they are stupid, or they misjudged a small gap on the way. :cuckoo:

I have to say, that looks bloody awful.

I got some spare fogs/indicators :cuckoo:

Do you know the owner wants £4.5k

Really, that much? It can't be road worthy can it?

You can buy a good usable VR6 for £2k, who would pay £4.5k for one you can't use?

bought it, spent money on. fair enough. nice porka seats. fresh paint, went to a couple of shows, wants £4.5

i like some of the modded corrados having smoothed this and smoothed that, but people go too far sometimes... and why would you want a pink corrado?? thats basically what i paid for mine :confused4:

paint it pink and want £5.5k..surely he's making the market for his car smaller painting that colour

He/She has obviously spent a lot of time, money and effort making their car exactly how they want it, I don't really see the problem, i've seen far worse! :camp:

I've gone round the loop over the years and now much prefer standard Corrados, even down to the wheels and suspenders :eek:

EDIT - I'm talking about the grey one, not the pink one! :eek:

He/She has obviously spent a lot of time, money and effort making their car exactly how they want it, I don't really see the problem, i've seen far worse!

I've gone round the loop over the years and now much prefer standard Corrados, even down to the wheels and suspenders

EDIT - I'm talking about the grey one, not the pink one!

well they are both up for sale so they both only done them for attention in my opinion, brought them, spent loads of money making people look at them, and then got bored....

if they spent the money under the bonnet then maybe they wouldnt get so bored so quick :grin:

I've gone round the loop over the years and now much prefer standard Corrados, even down to the wheels and suspenders :eek:

have to admit, i agree :eek: i like mine looking standard because its actually different to most corrados out there :lol:

He/She has obviously spent a lot of time, money and effort making their car exactly how they want it, I don't really see the problem, i've seen far worse!

I've gone round the loop over the years and now much prefer standard Corrados, even down to the wheels and suspenders

EDIT - I'm talking about the grey one, not the pink one!

well they are both up for sale so they both only done them for attention in my opinion, brought them, spent loads of money making people look at them, and then got bored....:

That's not uncommon though tbh, especially with 'show cars' - again, I don't see the problem? each to their own :shrug:

Personally I think the best looking corrados are near standard, just a little drop in ride hight. VW really did hit the nail on the head with this car. As has been said already change for changes sake.

Anyone got a photo of the 'Pink' one?

i dont have a problem with it, i do think its slightly pathetic, but i like reading PVW each month when it comes through my door, so without these people it wouldnt be a good read/shows...