swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Right, seeing as im supposed to be doing college work i thought this would be a good time to start a members thread. I been meaning to for ages/years and i just keep forgetting.

My previous car was a red 1.8 16v in my signature that i loved/hated with a passion. It broke every other day, must have gone through 4 engines from various different non wragging related incidents (cracked head, water pump going bye bye, oil pump, snapped cam belt etc etc.) but i still loved driving it when it was working. I once changed a cam belt in a layby to get me home. anyways pictures of said car...

251120071295.jpg

251120071293.jpg

then bought some new wheels, after a giant scare with spacers and longer wheels bolts

Image233-1.jpg

260820071152.jpg

Image116.jpg

So i read up about r32 conversions and thought, hmm... ill have a piece of that and bought a corrado with a blown VR6 engine and bought the audi 3.2 engine to throw in it. Then i had a rethink, its a 100% standard car, standard brakes, standard suspension, paintwork needs attention and im wanting to chuck 250bhp+ through it... not a good idea and i really do not want to throw all my money at it straight away. So that engine went to fund some coilovers

Anyway, enough of that, heres some pictures!Touch wood been an absolute pleasure to drive since i got it on the road, few little niggles but other than that im absolutely chuffed to bits with it!

Can't find the day i picked it up but day i got it in my garage, theres hundreds of pictures so im just going to put up a shortened set.

P6020090.jpg

P6020092.jpg

work started

P7160109.jpg

engine nice and pretty after cleaning etc

Photo006.jpg

off to my dads where he has a little more room to work on my car than my garage lol

Photo011.jpg

engine back together!!!

Photo040.jpg

havn't got any pictures of it all back together before KW's happened :D

Photo128.jpg

and as it is now :D

Photo178.jpg

Photo187.jpg

next on the list is a proper detail, but it has come a HUGE way from the pink i bought it as.

few plans for it but i just want to get it running 100% and replacing every little part thats rattling etc

enjoy!!!

Edited by swiftkid

think you've seen me once phil, i was at the ketch meet ages ago in my old corrado. was going to come over and say hello but wasn't sure who you were lol

cheers for comments, just trying to decide on wheels over winter but i like how the speedlines sit a bit too much

when i bought the car it had standard shocks and cut down springs so i replaced them with coils which strangely enough rubbed on the tyre so i had to get spacers to run the wheels. put them all on and one day as i was driving my wheel started to vibrate more than usual, so i pulled over to find 2 wheel bolts loose, 1 missing and one actually sat on the wheel itself... i think it was partly my fault for not getting longer wheel bolts

i did love the mille's but the previous owner absolutely ruined the car and had hit a curb and buckled em so they had to go.

Nice motor mate, always look good in red and impressed with the work and commitment you're putting in.

Top work! :salute:

Not much done for a while, nobody seems to be selling the wheels that i want at the moment! So rather than shell out £200+ for a new set of tyres when i was hoping to change them soon anyway, i bought some cheap mk3 golf alloys for now. Had them sat in the garage for a few days and i got bored so i sprayed them and they don't actually look that bad. Although the only problem i have now is that i needed to put one wheel on the car straight away as my tyres were that bald so didn't spray that one, so instead of having odd coloured wheels on one side, i have one side of my car with 2 silver speedlines and the other with 2 black golf alloys lol

Anyway I have a list of things to do seeing as the weather is getting better but wheels are a priority!

edit: excuse the AWFUL picture quality, i really need to get myself a proper camera!

Photo228.jpg

Unfortunately that side appears to have had a respray, well i say appears... has had a respray. you can see the colour change near the rain drain things on the roof. Which is a bit gutting really because i am hating those side strips more and more but i just know the idiot that sprayed it will have left the side strips on and masked around them, its just my luck!

The other side i would say is original but it most definately needs a full respray for my standards, but i can tell its going to cost me. I'll end up saying "while your spraying that you might as well smooth that... and while your smoothing that you might as well do that" :lol:

Will try get some decent pics in the sunshine and once i've lifted the rear a bit, the coilovers settled quite alot and i didn't really have time to sort it out tonight. Hopefully have some wheels soon, if i ever make my mind up!!!

well im extremely embarassed by that garbage photo i put up yesterday so i'll probably take it down once the forum is sorted. buttons all over the place at the moment lol! but heres a better pic.

Photo229.jpg

the black on red wheels there actually look really good.. is it the corrado your going to big bang in?

It is indeed, hopefully by that time it will have all 4 matching wheels lol. the other side are still silver speedlines!

Well back from an amazing weekend at santa pod for big bang, she ran all the way there almost perfectly, got there and had a squeaking noise from tensioner pulley but i couldn't do anything about it so ran it and put in a 15.6 at 91mph which i was very chuffed with!!! was amusing how most cars had me off the line then as soon as the VR really kicked in it just disappeared.

then on the way back home was cruising along and a loud squeaking noise started, though oh crap better pull over and then went away... so continued. Got to my mates house to find bits of plastic lying where my air box was, the pulley had literally ripped itself to bits. Drove home and needed to go to work the next day, had no choice tried taking it easy but then more squeaking, white smoke, bad smell and then the battery light came on :(

pulled over before it got hot so thats tonights job to do in a carpark between work and my house lol! managed to source a second hand pulley and tensioner for £10 as apparently you can't get the pulley on its own and the tensioner is £60!!! i bet the pulley is only worth a fiver!

But was a brilliant weekend, will get some pics of her up in action once my mate uploads them. Was nice to see a few corrado's around and about and another one doing the strip!

Well not much to update really, just put some 288mm brakes on with green stuff pads. Waiting for them to bed in to see what they are like but they do feel a bit better at the moment.

Had MOT last month and she flew through first time. I was extremely chuffed with that! especially seeing as i was totally skint!

Went to Santa Pod and on the way back had a mini corrado convoy with Philuk, so pictures needed to be taken and im soo chuffed with how my car looks on the move, sits perfectly imo and the colour looks amazing. Just need to get a couple of bits resprayed whilst im on holiday in august and i'll be happy. Oh and some wheels, although to say im picky would be a huge understatement! Well heres a couple of pics anyway :D

DSCF0388.jpg

38273_419438446164_507641164_4746487_5102071_n.jpg

38124_419439161164_507641164_4746517_2157227_n.jpg

What wheels don't i fancy more like! i think of a set i like then can't find any sets for sale then change my mind. I've considered porche d90's, compomotive mo's, bbs rc's, going back to my speedlines, keeping my current wheels, schmidt modernlines, bbs lm reps, some variation of rota's, RH zw1's...the list goes on!

I think wheels will have to wait till later on in the year or till next year, would really like to get the paint sorted first. bodywork has been bugging me for some time!

Well I'll try and update this thread for anyone that is interested soon because soo much has happened but havn't been bothered taking pictures but for now i'll just place this here

272637_10150247506227048_510937047_7402999_4948655_o.jpg

Looks good mate will look even better with a full respray

Will have to try make the monthly meet again sometime soon but im really crap at remembering it tbh haha

Post some pics up when its done

Well I still havn't bothered doing a write up of what I have done to this car yet but I've been working hard to get it how I want it. I now have 4 different sets of wheels to choose from, a set of speedlines, a set of black mk3 golf alloys and my 2 favourite sets which I am deciding on.

The plan is to have it ready for big bang at santa pod in April, one of my favourite shows of the year, anyone that hasn't been I would seriously advise it as its a cracking show!

Anyway I'll let the pictures do the talking

Both my cars together, the swift was getting towed to my dads to finish off my GTI conversion, my mate said he has never been so scared getting towed, I could barely tell I was towing anything and a 911 decided he wanted to overtake me...

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

OBD2 time... I said to myself never again but it needs to be right and I don't like the way the wires sit. Its not 100% so they will be coming back out...

IMAG0096.jpg

Found a hole in the windscreen, just underneath the seal. Its crazy how bad it had got before it even started to show on the exterior. So now I have no rust hole! Couldn't believe how solid the car is though! only a couple of bits where the water has built up over the years.

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

I cannot wait to get it back and drive it but I have told myself I won't be driving it until the weather gets better, no point ruining the paint after I've spent soo much money on it.

Looking good ! couple of questions -

did you have a water leak thru the screen ?

are your headlights tinted ? lamin-x ? does it diminish the light beam at all ?