C488ADO

That Rado..............

Absolutely awesome, mate! Your hard work has really paid off. Anything left to do/future plans?

funniest quote i have heard for a while . just spoke to nath and he said the drivers seat squeeks like a f'';''d up hotel bed lol , needed a laugh today ,thanks mate .

thanks guys yes of course there are future plans!! lol its a bloody rado!

got it up to scratch today so itl be easier to keep this way now i just couldnt be botherd to put in the hard work! lol

re-tint rear lights

clean engine bay

strip a,b,c pillar plastics want to gaffa tape the clips to stop rattles and put thin strips of felt? between plastics to stop rattles

fit stereo and speakers (all the wiring is in now)

timimg chains and tensioners

stem seals

supercharger maybe some cams lol

the list is endless but alas my pocket isnt......

keep thinking i need to sell her really but what would i do then? just buy another car and do the same!

i need a pair of left hand drive headlights late spec

taking it back to germany next weekend so on goes the gimp mask to protect the paint!

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

yeah i stripped down the drivers seat to refurbish and when i put it back together i couldnt get the wire back in the clips properly as i drive down a bumpy road it sounds like a hotel bed all squeeking and noisey ****es me off yet another job to add to the fix list!

lol

Hi Nathan,

if my tt sells soon i will be in touch about your corrado, just a couple of questions first though, what was the cause of the compression loss in cylinders 1 and 3 and was it rectified?? and also on your above post you said you wanted to do the timing chains/tensioners and the stem seals, is there a problem with them then??

karl

hi karl

never got to the bottom of the comp thing got one of those handy micro camera's from snap on and had a look around the bores none are scored my garage couldnt find any particular reason

timing chains tensioners etc i wanted to do because evrybody talks about them theyve got to be done blah blah blah i was just following the crowd ! lol

they have not been replaced iirc ever, they arnt noisey i just thought it was the next step in the project tbh i was going to follow rams 's guide on hoew to do them myself...

the stem seals i wanted done because evrynow and then on over run not all the time it puffs a little smoke but clears straight away only does it if you overrun for about 1.5 miles though and again doesnt do it all the time

i guess it was just whats next really maintenance wise as ive replaced just about everything you can replace on a rado at some point

out of interest what TT is it?

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

some updated pics from this evening

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Always been one of my favourite Corrados Nath. Its a credit to you. :D

Though wouldnt blue smoke on start up be more a indication of stem seals as opposed to on over run?

im not sure both maybe?

dont know ive always understood it to be over run then boot it at the bottom of a hill then if it puffs its seals...???

not sure

anyways its not bad and it doesnt happen all the time not really to worried about it as it is 17 years old now!! lol going to happen sooner or later and there are lots of options available to sort it if needed....

After a week of getting messed about by the buyer one druken 1 am phone call and a no show the car is still very much for sale!!!

Not one viewing yet so come on folks if you want a clean rust free rado come get it!

After a week of getting messed about by the buyer one druken 1 am phone call and a no show the car is still very much for sale!!!

Not one viewing yet so come on folks if you want a clean rust free rado come get it!

Have you got a link to an advert, or can you post some details up? :)

Nath, hello.....

My car has been doing the same, has happened twice only that I know of, both when friends were behind me at the time. He told me there was a bit of smoke coming out the exhaust and then it just cleared and didnt do it again, booting or not booting. I wondered if its something to do with the lamba sensor being that I used the original corrado one but the plugs were the same. I forget now if you changed yours to OBD2? I believe I was going up hill when it happened or when my friend noticed it. Also, please forgive me, I never sent that RAM filter. I did a job today where I collect lots of boxes so I can box it up and send over tomorrow. Eitherway, Its yours. I am still happy to send it to you even though you are selling the motor. You could add it in as an extra I suppose. Shame, who am I going to call when they bring out OBD3! LOL

Have you got a link to an advert, or can you post some details up? :)

Hi there the advert is in the cars for sale section fella

Ramsey!!!! Lol how you doin?! That would be very kind of you sir!

What happened to this car? Is it still on the forum? And indeed in one piece???