Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

Which lamin-x colour to match tinted light covers

Right i've order a set of tinted headlight covers through the forum, just awaiting delivery.

I also want to protect/tint my front fogs and indicators with the lamin-x product, has anyone else done this?

I'm hoping to get the tint on both as close as posible but don't know whether to go for subtle tint or the gunsmoke for the closest colour match!

Cheers Andrew

Thanks for your reply but is that subtle on the head lights and fogs/indicators as i want to match the lamin-x product to the clip on headlight covers bought from here !

Thanks for your reply but is that subtle on the head lights and fogs/indicators as i want to match the lamin-x product to the clip on headlight covers bought from here !

yup thats the subtle tint on all of them. :)

Andrew, pm'd you back.

Just to let anyone else know...Im always happy to send out samples. :salute: Always best to get a look/feel for the product before making a purchase.

Please do check out the Feedback here left by previous customers.

Neil.

Cheers Neil/Riley,

i've replied to your pm asking for samples of the subtle tint and also the gun smoked!

Once i've recieved my tinted covers and samples, i'll post my findings here for others to see as i'm sure others will be keen to go down a similar route as i'm planning!

Many thanks Andrew

Consider them on their way Andrew...Happy to help.

Here is the company car with SubtleTint on the headlights and GunSmoke on the fogs/indicators. As i said in pm, the size of the lights, size/shape of reflectors can vary the colour a little.

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252093.jpg

Neil.

Hi mate,

The face of the headlights can be protected with a single piece of 12"x16" (Cut into two 6x16 pieces)

It's a while since we did the Corrado fogs/indicators so im afraid I can't remember off the top of my head.

Best to have a quick measure up as detailed at:

http://www.Lamin-X.co.uk/shop.htm :salute:

Neil.

Consider them on their way Andrew...Happy to help.

Here is the company car with SubtleTint on the headlights and GunSmoke on the fogs/indicators. As i said in pm, the size of the lights, size/shape of reflectors can vary the colour a little.

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252093.jpg

Neil.

That's a mean looking C Neil - what's she got?

You can get 10% if you buy before noon thursday (well today now.......better go to bed!!)

'merrylights' New Year discount code 8) :cheers:

Edit: Gods help me i got some optic blue, and suble tint for the fog/ind.s, i'm sucker for a bargain!! :clap:

Are the headlight covers some of you guys are fitting offering a different look or protection from the laminex?

Just wondering why you havent gone with the film everywhere...

Are the headlight covers some of you guys are fitting offering a different look or protection from the laminex?

Just wondering why you havent gone with the film everywhere...

Optic blue for headlamps - whiter light for night driving (I'm hoping it don't look too gay on a green car!!) and chip protection & clear for protecting fogs & indicators.

I can ditch my plastic covers then as they do get some crap behind them which is a pain in the arse! I'll keep my spare set with the beam deflectors for driving in europe. Easy 'on-off' on the train or ferry and you only pay once!

My paint work isn't really worth covering at the mo!! It's not really sh!te but it ain't perfect either.

You can get 10% if you buy before noon thursday (well today now.......better go to bed!!)

'merrylights' New Year discount code 8) :cheers:

Edit: Gods help me i got some optic blue, and suble tint for the fog/ind.s, i'm sucker for a bargain!! :clap:

I'm a sucker for not clicking on two lots of 18"x4" for my indicators/fogs (thought I did!)- that'll be my discount savings eaten up by the second lot of postage - W@NK!!!!!!

:censored: :mad2: :bad-words: :epicfail: :( coooooooock! :roll:

Now then guys - has anyone else actually measured their lights?

I have a late VR and reckon 14"x3" covers one side. [rather than 18"x4"]

So a 12"x16" [£15.99] sheet will do 2 cars.

18"x8" =£15.99

In addition going for 1 sheet saves £0.49 in p&p.

So you just need to buy in pairs to save £8 odd each!!

Sounds good to me bud! Ur on about the fogs and indicators right?

Was that measurement allowing for a bit of 'overhang'?

Yes - fogs & indics

No overhang or margin allowed - The ones I've seen done haven't included an overhang or drip strip - I'm thinking an overhang might permit weathering of the adhesive joint. And if you cut carefully, why have a margin?

The material I've seen doesn't tolerate much wrap around the radiused edges - perhaps 20 deg of arc tops before it forms wrinkles.