Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

Which lamin-x colour to match tinted light covers

I'm a sucker for not clicking on two lots of 18"x4" for my indicators/fogs (thought I did!)- that'll be my discount savings eaten up by the second lot of postage - W@NK!!!!!!

:censored: :mad2: :bad-words: :epicfail: :( coooooooock! :roll:

Big up for Neil@Lamin-X, Riley on here, who noticed my cock up via this thread and has refunded the extra postage I incurred and sent it first class too :notworthy: :notworthy: :wave: Cheers ol'boy

As for the 'wrap around' I did this on the mainbeam today and had no real problems even without bothering to heat the film.

The Blue Optic really gives a white light too

Blue optic Headlamp Film (Large).jpg[/attachment:1eb3wf61]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfBlue optic Headlamp Film (1) (Large).jpg[/attachment:1eb3wf61]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfBlue optic Headlamp Film (2) (Large).jpg[/attachment:1eb3wf61]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfBlue optic Headlamp Film (4) (Large).jpg[/attachment:1eb3wf61]

Oh and not all the different tints are available to order straight from the websight in all the sizes, although you could probably run it by Riley and see what can be done!!

I did my fogs and indicators today, i ordered a 12" x 16" sheet and i've got enough spare to do one side again which is handy as my passenger side indicator is a bit manky.

So to do a 1 fog and indicator you need a piece that is 4" x 16" if you want to roll it round the edges like i did!

Received by instant delivery my 16"x12" subtletint sheet today [for 2 C's fogs+indics], together with instructions, trimming knife and applicator tool - unexpected! :notworthy:

Slightly thinner than expected [about 0.2 or 0.3 mm], but certainly enough to provide the desired protection. Also should wrap round the edges better than installations I've seen previously. [maybe different material?]

Will fit tomorrow!

It's a commendable package all round!! 8)

definatly, i was highly happy with the look and finish of this product and have no doubt it is thick enough to protect the lenses it was easy to use and is very workable, a mod i'd definatly reccomend.. 8)

Well after a few hours of shouting and frustration, I now have both my headlights out so can look forward to tinting them. (middle screw was rounded and rusted on one side) The samples I received are .5mm thick

It'll be a doodle after get out your lights!! I wrapped my film aroung the edges by about 1/2" but on advice from Neil trimmed them to the groove the surrounds sit into so the cut is just past the surround edge. You should see what I mean with the surround off!!

Done the fog/ind's in subtle too, crap picture below!

Corrado Lamin-X crop (Large).JPG[/attachment:2dfh3uv9]

It'll be a doodle after get out your lights!! I wrapped my film aroung the edges by about 1/2" but on advice from Neil trimmed them to the groove the surrounds sit into so the cut is just past the surround edge. You should see what I mean with the surround off!!

Done the fog/ind's in subtle too, crap picture below!

Corrado Lamin-X crop (Large).JPG[/attachment:2go7uy8k]

Nice! Any chance of a long(ish) shot of them fogs/indics? Im not sure whether to subtle or go all out on them!

If you can wait till the weekend I'll have my subtle tint fogs in paired with the tinted headlight protectors. I think full tint would look too dark against green.

I found it relatively easy to apply but did have a couple of bits near the sharp corners that are not perfect. Unless your very close though there not noticable.

Just bought some subtle tint to go on my dragon green G, got enough to do the front lights, fogs and indicators :D

The cars with it on in this thread look really good, i to think anything more then subtle tint is to much on a green car, looks great on a black car though.

If you can wait till the weekend I'll have my subtle tint fogs in paired with the tinted headlight protectors. I think full tint would look too dark against green.

I found it relatively easy to apply but did have a couple of bits near the sharp corners that are not perfect. Unless your very close though there not noticable.

Sweet yeh, I know what u mean. After some imagery I can fully make my mind up tho :D Awesome news too, coz I have the tinted covers on my headlights, I take it you didn't tint the headlights then?

I'll try and take a better pic when the car's not, a) up against the front of the house, b)with the sun behind it, c) through a dirty window :lol: :lol:

Hopefully tomorrow! 8)

Here's a picture of my dragon green VR with the fogs/indicators done in subtle tint, my tinted covers have'nt arrived yet!

Not the best pic as i was losing light when i took it!

cybershot589.jpg

Here's a picture of my dragon green VR with the fogs/indicators done in subtle tint, my tinted covers have'nt arrived yet!

Not the best pic as i was losing light when i took it!

cybershot589.jpg

Mmmh - nice paintjob too Andy! :clap:

EDIT:

Hope everyones happy with the product and service anyway :salute: Feedback can be left on the site here. It's always appreciated, as are any pictures sent in. The racing guys don't tend to be too forthcoming with them.

Neil.

Consider them on their way Andrew...Happy to help.

Here is the company car with SubtleTint on the headlights and GunSmoke on the fogs/indicators. As i said in pm, the size of the lights, size/shape of reflectors can vary the colour a little.

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252093.jpg

Neil.

That's a mean looking C Neil - what's she got?

Thanks Phil, It's a G60 running 206 brake horse. :salute: Fallen out with it a bit lately...

g60radonewsilverborbets2.jpg

radog60chrispics6.jpg

newborbetafitted4.jpg

corradoborbetaselling2.jpg

A picture here of GunSmoke protection on all front lighting...More can be seen in the Gallery's at Lamin-X.co.uk/gallery.htm or Lamin-X.co.uk/galleryflash/main.htm

radovalverforsale.jpg

Neil.

Got mine today, did the indicators because i couldn't wait :lol: looks like good stuff, going to do the rest sunday as, can already tell its going to look great.

big thanks to lamin-x

measured my lights today

13.5" x 5" for headlight

and 14" x 3.5" for fog & indicator combo...

so which bit of film do i go for?