Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

Which lamin-x colour to match tinted light covers

measured my lights today

13.5" x 5" for headlight

and 14" x 3.5" for fog & indicator combo...

so which bit of film do i go for?

i just got two sheets of 12x16 (i think..) Did the lot with some to spare if you make mistakes or fancy doing side indictors etc.

30012010718 (Large).jpg[/attachment:130yevw0]

Compare that with my sig. pic and you can see the subtle tint difference, the blue looks bluer when it's not so sunny!!

Makes me happy to see protected Corrado lighting :D We all know how badly the Corrado's lights are for becoming damaged, so you simply can't beat a product made for the job with years of motorsport backing.

Money well spent Colin? :salute:

Neil.

Money well spent Colin? :salute:

Indeed yes! I had a bit of a crack in the drivers lens which was why I originally got the plastic protectors.

Having taken all the light assembly apart to clean and Lamin-X I had the opportunity to glue up the crack for strength and then seal it good and proper with the Blue optic.

I had my brother in the car early the other evening, twilighty, and flashed someone coming the other way and my brother was convinced I'd left my mainbeam on :lol: - as I've said nice and white 8) :clap:

:lol: Good stuff.

It's funny...sometimes the odd person is actually disappointed that the OpticBlue dosn't give off a blue light!

All of the light protection films we offer allow a perfectly legal light colour of course. :salute:

Neil.

I did mine Gunsmoke in the end:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00094.JPG[/attachment:2cf9ynce]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00095.JPG[/attachment:2cf9ynce]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00096.JPG[/attachment:2cf9ynce]DSC00097.JPG[/attachment:2cf9ynce]

Did any of u guys have a bit of trouble with some of the corners? I also found on the indicators where the writing (Hella etc) is raised it left small bubbles, but hopefully that'll go away :D

Did any of u guys have a bit of trouble with some of the corners? I also found on the indicators where the writing (Hella etc) is raised it left small bubbles, but hopefully that'll go away :D

I cut the writing off with a very sharp/flat blade and smoothed with some fine wet&dry.........only did this as i remember that being the advise when i did my rears :D

I really like the idea of this stuff, but I'm wondering about the legality of it come MOT time? I have the tinted covers that were available here for a while, but I took them off the the MOT as I didn't want to fail for something so easy to remove. Does smoking the headlights affect the already terrible night use? In my head I imagine it doesn't but just wondering really.

It's a legal and above board, there are regulations for tinting which this stuff meets, but I've gone for the blue on the headlamps (which still looks a bit weird :lol: ) because it really does improve the colour for night driving 8) 8)

Has anyone tinted the inpro fogs/indicators?

33635.jpg

I've obviously removed the orange bulb in mine, I'm using the inpro black angel eyes ... just wanted an opinion on tinting the fogs/indicators to match ...

36351_1.jpg