Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kits

Hi Perksy

At the moment all the kits will be fitted in our workshop, 2 reasons for this.

Firstly it's early days, we just want to ensure all installs fit perfectly, if there are any problems then we can overcome /correct them in our workshop. This may not be so easy for a DIY fitter?

Secondly, hopefully you will have noticed that our fitted price is very good? Trust me when I tell you that if we were to count up all the hours it takes to fit the kit + the cost of the bits it would come to quite a bit more than £4400. So the deal is good.

Therefore that leaves me with a bit of a dilemma, yes sure the DIY kit will be cheaper but at the moment costing the kit this way is my problem.

As things progress this may change but at the moment I can't give you any dates or prices.

I hope you understand?

Vince

a up vince i more than understand, its not a problem i do think the price is amazing to say that its fitted

tbh im not in any real rush, i was more thinking for the future at the min im in 2 minds in which way to go turbo , supercharged so at the min im just bein noesy and tryin to get an idea of the cost, but i deffo wana fit it myself when i do come to go forced induction

well i just wana say with them figures thats an amazing stage 1 kit, i look forward to future progress

and also i may need your services in the near future for a little remap on my N/A vr :)

I think a test drive of each may make your mind up for you 8)

is that an offer :D, if so when i come down for a remap ull have to take us out

is that an offer :D, if so when i come down for a remap ull have to take us out

Yes for sure, that is why we bought our own C, it's what's it's there for.

Also a very sneaky way of me getting my own Corrado VR6T 8)

Hi Vince mate mate was wondering if it was you that rebuilt his gearbox? The car in question was a 20vt syncro with a rallye box apparently the guy that done the car was called cam not sure of spelling

cheers

also I was wondering about re-maps for a turbo rado what do I need to do to book it in etc will it take a while or do I have time to come down and back in one day I am in sunderland north east of england. cheers

Vince - the kit looks very good and I'm impressed with your info and approach. Would adding the kit to a MkII Golf Vr6 conversion be any trickier? It's not my own work so I can' tell you the exact details of the conversion... it was a TSR job (sorry.... :eek: before I owned it...)

Vince - the kit looks very good and I'm impressed with your info and approach. Would adding the kit to a MkII Golf Vr6 conversion be any trickier? It's not my own work so I can' tell you the exact details of the conversion... it was a TSR job (sorry.... :eek: before I owned it...)

Yes I am sure it can with maybe a few minor alterations.

Hi Vince,

I have a couple of questions:

Would it be possible to route the inlet pipework through the carbon canister hole?

Any chance of some close up pics of the intercooler & where it sits?

Thanks, Chris.

I've got the itch too!!

What would it cost to get just the mapping done if I put the rest together?

I've got the itch too!!

What would it cost to get just the mapping done if I put the rest together?

Same here, what would it cost just to remap for a 5-6 psi install?

Rog.

Standard map rate @ £350+VAT I expect.

5-6psi won't amuse you for long. Everyone always wants more. Boost is more addictive than Haribo.

Standard map rate @ £350+VAT I expect.

5-6psi won't amuse you for long. Everyone always wants more. Boost is more addictive than Haribo.

Know what you mean Kev, I've been down that route before with CRX's, personally I was always happy with a low blow setup but I know most of the folk I helped build installs for always wanted more...lol

However, more costs more, its just not a case of upping the boost, engine internals need upgrading, clutch, drive shafts etc etc, hence why I'm aiming for a nice low blow setup, I should be able to keep the engine and running gear stock, I'm hoping 6psi should net me a 50 bhp increase with a nice healthy dollop of torque, also I should be able to use a smaller turbo (thinking something like a T28 ) and it should spool up nice and early... anyway its just an idea atm, I'd welcome any feedback though.

Rog.

Really wow - I thought psi and bhp were roughly the same but if you can get somewhere around 50 bhp from a stealth re-map may well be interested - do their remaps also improve mpg - lots of companies seem to claim you can improve mpg by around 10% with a remap when not driving mad.

So ... jobs on my list - Blistein B12s, Stainless sports exhaust as per Goldfinger - then a re-map - and it ends there - no turbo for me!

So ... jobs on my list - Blistein B12s, Stainless sports exhaust as per Goldfinger - then a re-map - and it ends there - no turbo for me!

thanks for the reminder chugs - i must do the exhaust videos this weeknd

PSi and 50bhp - im now thinking this is only if you have a turbo - am I right - and is my original thinking that a remap on a VR6 without turbo will only return 10bhp (ish) and if so will you feel much difference?

There's no way you're getting 50bhp from a remap on a na engine mate, 10 is a more realistic figure. You would definitely notice the increase, whether it's actual or psychological you would convince yourself it's improved

There's no way you're getting 50bhp from a remap on a na engine mate, 10 is a more realistic figure. You would definitely notice the increase, whether it's actual or psychological you would convince yourself it's improved

I think he's talking with some forced induction :)