Sign in to follow this  
Bullfinch

Corrado meet - Brooklands 1997 - where are they now?

Here's a photo I found in the loft of a Corrado meeting at Brooklands Museum in Summer 1997. My old Blackberry VR6 L678 VRL is closest to the camera, just in front is a P reg Storm - this must have been languishing at a VW dealer for close on 12 months before being registered in August 1996. Does anyone recognise their current or old cars?Corrado0002.jpg[/attachment:3hgldqm0]

Superb picture! Any more of these mate? I don't recognise a single one of those number plates! :(

Great photo!

Wonder if its still possible to have a meet there or has it been demolished now?

Sorry - I didn't realise the number plates can't be seen.

Anyway in the photo are P23 UAP, L393 MOO, M611 JNH, J537 CUG, 976 AWA, N39 OEW, M862 ONP of the ones I can make out. I'm still trying to find photos of meets at Gaydon and also ones from 1996 when I had the 16v. Loft is too cold tonight to go up again. :lol:

Poo cant open the pic :(

Is M907 JPC there? :D

Yep its there, shame you cant see pic !!

EDIT : Sorry Buddy, couldnt resist, its not :D

Poo cant open the pic :(

Is M907 JPC there? :D

Yep its there, shame you cant see pic !!

EDIT : Sorry Buddy, couldnt resist, its not :D

LOL you bugger! Ha ha ha :grin:

I'm not far from there, next time I'm in the area I'll scope it out. If I remember correctly, it's all fenced now and impossible to get on to. We could always meet at Mercedes world and show them how it's done :nuts:

Kris and me went there last year, and I'm pretty sure you can get to the banked track with permission. Lots of car clubs still hold days there - every other weekend there's a convoy of minis, lancias, ferraris, mercs etc turning up there for a social.

If anyone is interested, I can pop along and see if they would be up for allowing a Rado meet there? I just live round the corner. it's only one junction off the m25 and a great museum with loads of aviation history - including a Concorde you can go on.

If anyone is interested, I can pop along and see if they would be up for allowing a Rado meet there? I just live round the corner. it's only one junction off the m25 and a great museum with loads of aviation history - including a Concorde you can go on.

I think thats a really great idea. I was there a couple of years back and there was an RX7 reunion which they took pictures for up on the banking. Hopefully health and safety has not gone mad...

I was trying to find mine on the picture but then realised there are too many Corrados in it.......I was there with G43 KUH in 96 with maybe 10 or so others if you find anything.......Jeremy Bromley's motor was dead in the car park and left on a transporter IIRC! I've got some photos at home somewhere but I'll not be there until after Easter to look for them.

I was also at the first meeting at Gaydon but don't remember taking any photos.

Don't remember brooklands... but have plenty of pix's from CCGB at Beaulieu motor museum and the AGM that used to be at the hotel in nottingham... Is the old guy Brian still about ??? always remember his story about petrol is like washing powders ! I think i also went with the Corrado club on a tour round AFN Porsche in reading one evening all in the late 90's ??

Don't remember brooklands... but have plenty of pix's from CCGB at Beaulieu motor museum and the AGM that used to be at the hotel in nottingham... Is the old guy Brian still about ??? always remember his story about petrol is like washing powders ! I think i also went with the Corrado club on a tour round AFN Porsche in reading one evening all in the late 90's ??

You heard the petrol is like washing powder story too :sleeping: Maybe he used it at the AGM one year, I was there a couple of times.

I have one of the original CCGB sprinter magazines with a report in from this event but (crazydave) has them all at the moment.

I didn't actually make this for whatever reason or another and i was in the club then too so it would be fab to do this again.

Maybe an idea for the national day next year as it's going to be further north this year, or thats the plan anyway :wave:

sounds good. try sort summot and ill try get the time off work to come along! surrey aint that far from yorkshire is it :? lol

sounds good. try sort summot and ill try get the time off work to come along! surrey aint that far from yorkshire is it :? lol

I think KIP means 2011 as this year (2010) it's going to be oop north. Hopefully another loft visit this weekend may uncover some more gems. I was at Brooklands in 1996 with the 1.8v Ink Blue and I think those photos were taken in front of the main(?) Brooklands building.

I think KIP means 2011 as this year (2010) it's going to be oop north. Hopefully another loft visit this weekend may uncover some more gems. I was at Brooklands in 1996 with the 1.8v Ink Blue and I think those photos were taken in front of the main(?) Brooklands building.

There were some taken on the banking too. It rained while we were driving the cars up and it was slippery as.........can't imagine how they used to race around it!

I've got photos and all the early Sprinters at home but unfortunately I'm 5,000 miles away until Easter or I'd dig them out.

Cool - look forward to seeing your gems :clap: .

I recall it took quite an effort to open the drivers door if you were on the steep part of the bank - had to get your legs out as well, otherwise you were likely to have a hefty bruise.

Cool - look forward to seeing your gems :clap: .

I recall it took quite an effort to open the drivers door if you were on the steep part of the bank - had to get your legs out as well, otherwise you were likely to have a hefty bruise.

I had my young daughter in the passenger seat, she's 19 now, when I opened the door to get her out and nearly lost it!

There was a guy with a nugget G60 took his right up to the top of the banking too.......I wasn't having any of that :shock: