emu

Emu's Corrado - THE END

Started big cleaning few days ago but it's worth it so far. Pictures will say everything

Interior was fully stripped, cleaned and hovered

cleaning13.jpg

cleaning10.jpg

cleaning14.jpg

cleaning15.jpg

Another busy day for me today

Wheel alignment done by Wallace Performance, for the forst time car is driving in straight time without pulling to one side :)

After that it took me around 3,5 hour to put new alarm because my old one stop working after I disconnected alarm sensors, long story :) I was to do this anway but this way it was faster than later, next thing done and dusted :)

Had some problems with my old alarm so removed it from the car and fitted my old xxxxxx alarm

Been busy cleaning my interior, had some problem with leather after cleaning, old paint just pealed off form some parts of leather so decided to refurbish and recolor all leather.

After cleaning

rearcardbefore.jpg

After recoloring

rearcardafter.jpg

My audioscape after recoloring to give perfect match to door cards which will be done in near fuure

audioscapespainted.jpg

I see a lot of that lose of colour when i detail peoples cars after they have tried to clean it with too strong solutions or chemicals, funny thing is most people think its still dirt on the leather.

What a difference you have made after the re-coloured it, great job mate.

Where did you get the colour kit from?

I see a lot of that lose of colour when i detail peoples cars after they have tried to clean it with too strong solutions or chemicals, funny thing is most people think its still dirt on the leather.

What a difference you have made after the re-coloured it, great job mate.

Where did you get the colour kit from?

I've been using Gliptone Scurfmaster kit as they have proper color match for corrado. Bought as well two products from Furniture Clinic for cracked leather on front seats.

Interior looks great! I need to stop looking at your turbo bits on ebay though....

Need to call my insurance company if the willing to cover my car if I will go turbo so still didn't decided if I like to sell, anyway never got any proper offer.

Huge disaster today. Was loosing coolant from few days but didn't have day off to sort it out so was topping up water every day. Luckily I have only 2 miles to my work so could drive safety. Leak of course from thermostat housing between engine block and plastic housing, why ?? Because some ******* who previously change it destroyed thread in engine block in one of 3 bolts holding all thermostat housing. Bolt was catching block on one thread turn and some glue. Now I have to recoil threat. Helicoil already bought today but need to wait when they arrive, so next week probably. Then have to fix it. Of course it's the screw with worst access. I will do my best to do this without taking engine out. If it will not be possible I will be in real deep **** because don't have lot possibilities to remove engine to fix it right now. Car is not drivable right now and have to walk to work. Hope won't be raining.

For the last week car was left on stands because of huge coolant leak. Everything was fixed today by using helicoil kit

helicoil.jpg

Never thought it will be so easy

Time to show you more pictures of my interior refurbishment

Perfect and clean headlining

headliningcleaned.jpg

Sunroof lining

sunrooftrimafter.jpg

Front seat with filler

seatwithfiller.jpg

Cracks on bolster

cracksbefore.jpg

And they all gone

cracksafter.jpg

Bolster before

topbolsterafter.jpg

Bolster after, not the best picture, will upload better one later one. Only one bad point, bolster had quite bad damage and after refurbishment you can't see stitches any more, they are still there under many coats of filler and paint

topbolsterafter.jpg

Rear seat before

rearseatbefore01.jpg

rearseatbefore02.jpg

And after

rearseatafter.jpg

Couldn't find beige foot rest so turned my black one to proper color

Before, sanded, and ready to paint

footrestbefore.jpg

After, bit worry how long paint stays on as will get lots of scratches from shoes but tried to make a scratch by my finger nail and it wasn't possible, so paint seems very strong

footrestafter.jpg

Full refurbished drivers seat, took me about 6 days to do this

rearseatater.jpg

Still to do

- passenger front seat

- front drivers and passenger door cards

- boot cover need repainting as was painted from black to beige and have some scratches

This is great stuff on the interior refurbishment! Well done.

What is the name of the colour of the refurb kit that Gliptone sent you to carry out the seat restoration, and what did you use to clean your headlining?

It will make such a tremendous difference to the inside of your car...

Interior looks great! I'm currently restoring mine too - although so far have only used some furniture clinic cleaner which is okayish (waiting for a gliptone kit to come in the mail). I also like the sprayed plastic part - it gives me inspiration as my parcel shelf support snapped and finding one in beige is nigh on impossible! May I ask what spray you used? Any links to products would be a great help.

Cheers, Nick

well done matey leather resto look sgood!

did mine too the awesome thing is once you get used to working with the products you can actually touch up things very nicely and it doesnt seem to show!

What is the name of the colour of the refurb kit that Gliptone sent you to carry out the seat restoration, and what did you use to clean your headlining?

It will make such a tremendous difference to the inside of your car...

Headlining was cleaned by vanish oxi action, spray foam around 4-5 quid in your market, but be careful, to much of stuff or to much water to flush all the dirt and material can come off, it happens to me in the past but this time risk was well worth.

Color of gliptone is beige for corrado, if you go on color list you will find corrado beige color.

I also like the sprayed plastic part

It wasn't sprayed :) It was done in same way as my leather so piece of foam (don't use a cloth) and gliptone scurf master paint, same what went on leather. One problem, plastic doesn't absorb paint so to do this fast and correct you need a hairdryer. Put one layer then dry it, put another and dry again. Do not put more than 5 layers in that way. After 5 layers leave it for around 15 minutes, plastic will cool down from hair dryer and paint will get spoiled well. after 15 minutes you can put another 5 layers. Don't be afraid, layers are very thin and my foot rest has about 15 of them and full turning it from black for beige took me about 2 hours when most of this time are brakes.

It wasn't sprayed :) It was done in same way as my leather so piece of foam (don't use a cloth) and gliptone scurf master paint, same what went on leather. One problem, plastic doesn't absorb paint so to do this fast and correct you need a hairdryer. Put one layer then dry it, put another and dry again. Do not put more than 5 layers in that way. After 5 layers leave it for around 15 minutes, plastic will cool down from hair dryer and paint will get spoiled well. after 15 minutes you can put another 5 layers. Don't be afraid, layers are very thin and my foot rest has about 15 of them and full turning it from black for beige took me about 2 hours when most of this time are brakes.

Thanks for the guide, very helpful - My gliptone just arrived so i'll give it a go should I have enough after my seats are done. Will keep you updated with my progress 8) Cheers

Another random picture from my driver seat refurbishment. What I did is lifting bottom part to get better access for repainting

frontseatpainting.jpg

Left my home at 6 am today and back at 8pm with new toy. Blackberry VR6, old Nicky car. Done 616 miles in 9,5 hours and car is great. Will post some pictures asap.

What are the plans.... First off all I will put my Beige leather inside and then we will see.

About month ago bought this car from Nikki, much better condition of body work than the green one and chains were done so I'm keeping this one and breaking the green one. Because many parts from the green one will go to blackberry, specially beige interior decided to keep everything in one thread

Spec of new VR

- 1994 VR6

- Air conditioning

- Grey heated leather

- Schimmel 263 cams

- Top adjustable Koni shocks + H&R springs

- Powerflex front suspension bushes

- 288mm front brakes with Greenstuff pads & drilled/grooved discs

- MK4 rear brake calippers

- Milltek stainless exhaust system

- Lupo GTI wiper conversion

- Headlight loom upgrade

Car pass his MOT few days ago. Had to tighten rear wheel bearings and adjust lights before took it for MOT.

Few pictures from the day after purchase

car1f.jpg

car2n.jpg

cark.jpg

car4h.jpg

car10n.jpg

Edited by emu