Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_Addict

I'm Starting To Miss My Corrado.....

This is something that I kinda knew would happen, I will admit I really do love my STI wagon BUT it just doesn't give you the same feeling even on the shortest of journeys, the feedback is good but again not the same feeling you get with driving a Corrado. I love the car and it is a true performance car but it just doesn't come close to how the corrado made me feel.

I loved my red g60 and I'm still gutted the supercharger blew up, after the on going nightmare with the green one and all the hassle I had with it only too find out it was rotten I just thought it feels like its time for a change, so I had the uk impreza turbo wagon which was quick and I had always wanted to own an Impreza since I 1st seen one rumble past my eyes and I remember my 1st experience of being taken out in a wrx saloon, again hugely amazed at the performance but again on another level it didn't compare to the 1st time I experienced a Corrado which was in Dr Forinor's Storm, I didn't even know what it was when I 1st seen it pull into the car park, since that 1st experience I wanted one, now that I've owned 2 g60's, 1 very good and 1 shockingly bad, 1 uk wagon which was good but had its faults and now this current STI wagon which in all respect of its capabilities is an all round fantastic car I just can't get rid of the feeling that I really do miss my Corrado to the point where I actually feel depressed.

Everyone on here can relate to how the rado makes them feel, as much of a pig as the green one was I still loved driving it, I hated the car but just driving it, there is a whole experience about being behind the wheel of a corrado everytime you go somewhere, be it the shortest journey or the longest journey its an experience, its a joy too drive, it makes u feel connected.

I want to keep my sti but I really do want another Corrado, I took a break away from ownership because I wanted a change but eveyrday I realise more and more just how much I miss the C :(

do as the man says! (hope attachment worked)

Your sendiments are spookily similier to mine when I was without the magic. U just knew something was missing. Now I can't go to bed without tucking her in for the night (or 'locking the car' to normal people :D ) and then staring at it for a while, 'wow, those lines are stunning :luvlove: ' or 'man, those wheel arches make it look so, sort of..just...grrrrrrr') ok - dizzy spell over for now :lol:

Ah, we both knew it was gonna happen one day eh, I never thought you would feel this strongly about it though!

We'll go for a drive when you come up this week... :D

It's amazing just how "under the skin" the Corrado gets. I'd love to know what kind of car it'd take to make a diehard Corrado enthusiast forget about it all-together though? Would be really curious to know if vr6storm ever actually enjoys the drive of the VR6 over his 911... and same for Carpy.. whether he misses his Corrado now he has a 911? :)

Jim: A friend has a 911 Turb (996) which he kindly alllowed me to have a real enthusiastic go in. By jeebus that thing is nuts, the solidity, the grip that you can instantly feel, the power, the power delivery, it truly is an amazing car.

After my go in that, jumped back in my Rado & I really did not think that I had stepped down, it felt roughly in the same category as far as the "magic" or "x factor" goes.

My experience anyway :)

Well I think your forum names says it all realy :D

stop beating around the bush and Do it :lol:

Jim: A friend has a 911 Turb (996) which he kindly alllowed me to have a real enthusiastic go in. By jeebus that thing is nuts, the solidity, the grip that you can instantly feel, the power, the power delivery, it truly is an amazing car.

After my go in that, jumped back in my Rado & I really did not think that I had stepped down, it felt roughly in the same category as far as the "magic" or "x factor" goes.

My experience anyway :)

Heh.. well, will be interested to know if you still feel the same way after you get the Nissan GTR ;)

I had the fortune to test drive pete_griff's BMW M5 a few months back and I loved it. It blew me away. But then I went and drove Toad's VR6 and you know, given that the M5 would probably cost you 5 times the amount to fix in the event of a disaster, the VR6 just didn't feel 1/5th the car of the M5. I still had a silly great shit-eating grin after I drove the VR... sure does deliver on the smiles-per-gallon.

Heh.. well, will be interested to know if you still feel the same way after you get the Nissan GTR ;)

I was saying to Kev that even after having taken the GTR out for atest drive a couple of times, it"s 'magic' its not as good as the Rado. Obviously I didnt drive it to the limit so maybe it comes alive more towards the limit, but then that's where I think the Rado wins, you dont HAVE to go all out in order to enjoy it whereas I get the feeling you will have to in the GTR.

Time will tell eh :-)

You can take the man out of the Corrado, but you can't take the Corrado out of the man.

I've just come to the conclusion that whatever happens I'm going to have at least one Corrado in my possession for the rest of my life. There's just no point in not having one. I sold my first G60 to save money but it was pointless because the money I saved I spent on another G60. :lol:

I know the feeling, I've almost thrown in the towel a couple of times with my Corrado. Hopefully the on-going drama's I've had since before Xmas are finally being put to bed this Fri thanks to me putting my foot down...oh, and spending a final 450 Euros. When I say final, I mean for this issue, its not like I'm never going spend anymore cash on the car!

The thing with this car is that its just so special, I keep it in mint condition, and in doing so it costs me more than the payments on a new car, but then I truely funking love this Corrado. The sound, the feeling of being thrown forward to almost 240kph on the Autobahn and the grin it gives me after a good drive.

One day I'll sell it and buy an Audi, or finally go Japanese, or buy an Elise that my wife told me I could get!

Lucky old me has the chance to drive quite a few very nice cars through work at the moment and all I can say is you've got to spend some serious money to get something that beats the Corrado for driver feedback and that connection that you're all on about.

Recent cars include: 997 Turbo, R8, M3 (V8 version), RS6, Aston Vantage, Gallardo, Continental Supersport....... in fact I drove an R8 V10 the other day and that could definitely tempt me away from the Corrado, but then I'm never going to have the spare £125000 to have to worry about that particular choice! :lol:

And if you factor in a something like a VRT then you're got classic Corrado handling and presence and sports car performance.... that's why we're all on here raving about them. :wink:

I should never have sold my Corrado, which is why I bought it back again :clap:

I have no plans to ever sell it now. In fact I have even suggested I want to be buried in it, although, I'd hate the thought of it rotting away. Mine is only a midly tuned 2.016v, and my daily car is a Stage 2 tuned Mk4 1.8t Golf running around 230-240bhp, but the Corrado is still my favourite.

I have even turned my g/f who could not understand why I like them so much. She now often tells me about nice C's she has seen for sale on pistonheads etc.

Its just like I can't get into a car even as a passenger without comparing the car to a corrado, I was taken out and got the chance to drive a Cayman S that a friend owns in Glasgow but he's now selling it which absolutely boggles the mind, he's never really driven it quickly in a straight line let alone the corners and as much of a drivers car as it is it doesn't make u feel anywhere near as alive or give u that same drama and experience DRIVING it that you get as a passenger in the Corrado. Even being a passenger in the corrado is an experience in itself. I was taken out in one of the brand new sti spec c models and again got the chance too drive it, now again hugely capable car and the feedback from the hatch was impressive but yet again I found myself comparing it to the corrado, I do it all the time constantly even in my wagon.

I could seriously go on and on and on about the issue but the fact of the matter is, as good as a lot of modern day cars are and as capable as the old performance cars are there is just nothing that I've experienced yet that has ticked every box on the same level that the corrado has and I know I'm still a young pup but I felt proud to own a corrado, I feel proud to own the wagon I have at the moment but the corrado on looks alone would win you over, ye see I've started going on about it again :lol:

When I can start taking on a lot more regular remix work at a higher fee I would definately be looking to get another corrado, possibly another g60 or a vr6 but I totally agree with the points mentioned about you can take the corrado out the man but you can't take the man out the corrado. A very very true statement!

I sold my last C 2 1/2 years ago. Tonight i pick up my new one :grin: . Somehow the passion for Corrado's has never died, dunno what it is but i'm like a kid at christmas i'm that excited about collecting it later. When my 2nd child came along i thought my rado days were behind me for a good few years, its took some serious grovelling to the missus.

I sold my last C 2 1/2 years ago. Tonight i pick up my new one :grin: . Somehow the passion for Corrado's has never died, dunno what it is but i'm like a kid at christmas i'm that excited about collecting it later. When my 2nd child came along i thought my rado days were behind me for a good few years, its took some serious grovelling to the missus.

Good stuff mate :cheers:

So tell us, what you get'in?

Or are you gonna keep us all in suspense and go for the classic 'reveal' photo tomorrow?!! :lol:

Lucky old me has the chance to drive quite a few very nice cars through work at the moment and all I can say is you've got to spend some serious money to get something that beats the Corrado for driver feedback and that connection that you're all on about.

Recent cars include: 997 Turbo, R8, M3 (V8 version), RS6, Aston Vantage, Gallardo, Continental Supersport....... in fact I drove an R8 V10 the other day and that could definitely tempt me away from the Corrado, but then I'm never going to have the spare £125000 to have to worry about that particular choice! :lol:

And if you factor in a something like a VRT then you're got classic Corrado handling and presence and sports car performance.... that's why we're all on here raving about them. :wink:

I want your job 8) .

Or are you gonna keep us all in suspense and go for the classic 'reveal' photo tomorrow?!! :lol:

Its a red G reg valver off here. 11 months mot and really quite tidy. I had such good fun driving it home and i'm amazed how much better it feels than my old one. Just been looking through the folder of reciepts and i'm starting to think i've got a real bargain at £650. Every mot cert from new and thousands of pounds worth of work done. It needs the valve stem oil seals doing at some point, but i'm not concerned by that. I am one happy guy :grin: . I'll start a thread at some point and get some pics up.

Its a red G reg valver off here. 11 months mot and really quite tidy. I had such good fun driving it home and i'm amazed how much better it feels than my old one. Just been looking through the folder of reciepts and i'm starting to think i've got a real bargain at £650. Every mot cert from new and thousands of pounds worth of work done. It needs the valve stem oil seals doing at some point, but i'm not concerned by that. I am one happy guy :grin: . I'll start a thread at some point and get some pics up.

Right now I very much envy you bud :tongue:

Right now I very much envy you bud :tongue:

I'm over the moon mate, it feels so good to be back behind the wheel of a rado again. :D

You know what you need to do. Ha ha.

Well I've never yet owned a Corrado but this weekend I decided I'd start looking for one. Back in 1996 (?) I almost bought a brand new Storm from my local VW dealers. I still remember test driving it and I absolutely loved it. Sadly my wife didn't like it and in the end I got a Golf VR6 Highline instead. That was a great car too and several years later I've been through various VW's and Audi's and currently have a Golf mk4 V6 4Motion.

But I've never had the same feeling of excitement as I had when I test drove that Storm.

Money is quite tight with two children and a huge mortgage. My wife still hates Corrados. But I told her today that I'm going to start looking for a Corrado. It's just something I need to do at some point in my life. She's less than impressed :) But 14ish years after test driving one I've decided I'm going to get one. I doubt it will be a Storm but it's highly likely to be a VR.

One quick question... why does my Golf V6 seem so tame, with a relatively poor exhaust note compared to the old 12v VR6 I had in my mk3 Golf?

Glad your happy with my old Rado mate.... I figured it was going to a good home. Hopefully one day the missus will be convinced. And make sure you keep me updated on your modifications. I miss it already but picked up my motorbike monday so still have a toy to play with.

One quick question... why does my Golf V6 seem so tame, with a relatively poor exhaust note compared to the old 12v VR6 I had in my mk3 Golf?

Its just a more refined engine I found in terms of NVH. The 24v head makes a big difference to the way the engine performs. Remember the Mk4 was designed with comfort more in mind than the Corrado plus it has a huge silencer at the back. Believe me if that is changed it certainly sounds different. The 4mo isnt that much slower than a standard VR TBH but its the driving experince thats totally different.

Well just to echo what everyone seems to be saying, i'm picking my 4th one up tomorrow (well the mrs is to be more precise) from the other end of the country. I've had various cars in between my corrado's including a couple of vectra sri's 1 petrol & my latest was diesel, Golf 4motion, Audi S3.....but nothing even comes close to the feeling i get during every journey i make in the corrado.

I don't know what exactly it is about these cars thats gets under your skin so much...... other than maybe the stunning looks, great performance, driver feedback or the loads of admiring glances or even stares when people see something a bit different on the road.

Anyway i'm back into corrado ownership as of tomorrow....so i better dust off my wallet again :lol:

Glad your happy with my old Rado mate.... I figured it was going to a good home. Hopefully one day the missus will be convinced. And make sure you keep me updated on your modifications. I miss it already but picked up my motorbike monday so still have a toy to play with.

Its a decent motor Dwain, i'm really enjoying driving it. Costing me money already, but thats corrado ownership for you. Lol. I will get a thread up as soon as i can be bothered. Bet its good to get back on 2 wheels mate.