Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

The Rado replacement

Hi all,

Im sad to see the corrado go, but need something a little more reliable, I have a job that I have to use my car daily.

Soooo....... I decided to get me one of these! what do you guys think?

gotta say its sad it not another rado but i do like that shape r32 at least vw made it look racey and beefed it it well not like the new one it really does not look much different to say its tdi brothers

Thanks for the comments guys. I had to stick with the VR6 style as I did enjoy mine. I think this one will do me well. Very rare colour as far as R32 go.

Very nice - not a bad choice replacement!

They're lovely and torquey and the engine/exhaust notes are superb .... but I just think they lack a bit of power. Not sure if it's the weight of the thing. Don't get me wrong, the handling is absolutely sublime - so planted and just feels like it's never going to lose grip. P.s. this isn't just magazine talk, I have owned one and I think my dream garage might have one of these with a twin turbo setup ;)).

Dont see any pics of the petrol tanker in the background anywhere :D :D

Good luck if you are going to use that daily.

Make sure you have a Nectar card or similar (youre going to earn lots of points) :D :D

NIce car passes everthing but a petrol station :D :D :D

my dream garage might have one of these with a twin turbo setup ;)).

Yeah I'm warming to that idea myself, rather than 24V'ing the Corrado.

With MK4 R32s hitting the £7K mark now, is there really any point sticking the motor and running gear in a Corrado now? You've seriously got to love the Corrado's shape to do that and as we've seen so far, everyone who does a 24V conversion sells it a week later :lol:

Keep the R32 motor in the car it was intended for :wink:

I basically came to same conclusion and bought one today actually!!

Very nice mate, everyone who owns one seems to be happy with them, good replacement car for sure..

Love the MK4 R32s too, I think the Mk5/6s all look to similar and a bit too tall tbh.

Thats lovely. Ive just bought a 4mo and although i know its not the full fat mk4 they really are great...

Such a solid car with all the toys...

Must say a very good choice. I was down at The Phirm and they were working on 2 and I got to sit in one for the first time. The seats are lush, I think I could be tempted into one of them :clap:

Thanks for the reply guys,

Im really please with it. The interior is amazing!

It does drink a bit of petrol but not really that much more than the VR6. Also as VR6 said above, the handling is fantastic, the 4 wheel drive system is spot on. Also with the variable cam/inlet, you do get alot of torque low down!

great colour and new rims look awesome :salute:

now stop making us all jealous and go join some golf forum...... :tongue: :)

sorry guys. just thought I would pop up the pics. im missing the corrado a little, but funny enough I miss my 16v more than my vr6

sorry guys. just thought I would pop up the pics. im missing the corrado a little, but funny enough I miss my 16v more than my vr6

Only joking fella keep them coming !!