biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Ben... You must be part of the dash genuis section of coupe haus.. Lovin your work sir

Thanks Darren ;-)

Yep thats pretty much a good explanation and surely 1k+ for sequential is god damn cheap IMHO.

Only other 1 i have seen on a road car if you can still call it that is the Reyland cossie and that was a 6 speed huge proper sequential gearbox for a skyline, with custom bell housing to mate to the cossie block, he was going to sell these kits for 6k if i remember rightly, so 1k plus dog box = mucho cheapness :D

Very true, but I bet the dox box gear set is an easy £3k !! Never the less you are right, its still a sensible priced sequential shifter ;-)

I've posted a video clip of the shifter in action with a dog gearbox on 'you tube'. Link -

Crikey Ben, no wonder you had some "bother" with your licence if that's how you drive these days. The roads around Guildford are much better than I remember too. :wink: :D

On a serious note, good work, but I'd try flocking it - probably cheaper than material covering, and gives a true motorsports look.

Once it's done, hang up the tools for a bit, and get some proper driving out of it! :p:p

Absolutely insane dude!

You make it look so easy!

Hardly chap.. making the TVR dash was just good training ;-) Hows yours coming? Is the 4wd in yet?

Have 95% of the bits, been let down by some suppliers, take your money then make you wait weeks.... :(

Have no cash for the other 5% of bits,tax or insurance and the MOT is due :(

feeling de-motivated at the mo, so have been busy doing some gardening, to take my mind of it - :lol:

Well done Raddish! You'll be driving a BMW before you know it! haha

Not aimed at you, but: -

Buy a VW

Change the LED's so everything is red/orange (BMW)

Put the battery in the boot and tidy up the engine bay (BMW)

Build in a BMW dash (BMW - okay that's for you lol)

Remove aerials (BMW)

Hahahaha I'm going to get into trouble aren't I....

Well done Raddish! You'll be driving a BMW before you know it! haha

Not aimed at you, but: -

Buy a VW

Change the LED's so everything is red/orange (BMW)

Put the battery in the boot and tidy up the engine bay (BMW)

Build in a BMW dash (BMW - okay that's for you lol)

Remove aerials (BMW)

Hahahaha I'm going to get into trouble aren't I....

Have working indicators rather than an optional extra!

The ability to use all 3 lanes of a motorway,

Have some form of road sense...

(ALL NOT BMW) :lol:

Hahaha okay okay just because VW's can only go 70mph unless modified...sure

Ben only paid £30 for his dash, this was from the non-indicator model so he will have to stay in the fast lane also, notice the aeroplane switches on the dash to put full beam on and make 'lesser' cars move out the way lol

Crikey. Hadn't kept up to date with this since the TVR interior went.. completely insane and really impressive stuff I have to say! Looking forward to the additional updates now!

Thanks for all the comments guys... apreciate it.

Neil - shut it... :lol:

looks like this is going to be another superb dash, are the centre guages going to be recessed at all?

They are recessed a little to allow for the curve in the dash, but I might add another 2-3mm. Undecided.

MOT is booked at the Phirm next week so I have 10 days to finish the dash and I'm working half of the w/e :(

Ben

looks like this is going to be another superb dash, are the centre guages going to be recessed at all?

They are recessed a little to allow for the curve in the dash, but I might add another 2-3mm. Undecided.

i just think it would look a bit more oem with them recessed at an angle facing you, it might make them easier to read in bright light aswell, either way im sure the finished article will be well worth the wait.

Thanks for the comments chaps... I haven't been able to get outside this week due to finishing work late and the lovely weather we seem to be having this summer! :(

Bally, thank you for that very descriptive message of yours.. as always a pleasure to read ;-) :lol:

Updates over the weekend with any luck.

B

The expectations are high though Ben, we all expect a fully complete race themed interior by the next update, been an interior master as this is a gentle stroll in the park compared to the last. :)

The expectations are high though Ben, we all expect a fully complete race themed interior by the next update, been an interior master as this is a gentle stroll in the park compared to the last. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you are indeed 'Dash Man'

looks pretty impressive dude! I like the filling methods used. Did you consider use that acetate goop plastic method? I suppose glass is going to be a lot stronger.

your shifter has convinced me to hang onto this DSG gearbox for a bit longer...got mine fired up again btw :)

you are indeed 'Dash Man'

looks pretty impressive dude! I like the filling methods used. Did you consider use that acetate goop plastic method? I suppose glass is going to be a lot stronger.

your shifter has convinced me to hang onto this DSG gearbox for a bit longer...got mine fired up again btw :)

Ha.. hardly ;-)

I've used gf alot so its the easiest solution for me.. never thought about using plastic.

Coxy lets have a vid of the engine running.. I want to hear the beast big time..!